Life Partners and New Family

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin opens her eyes and finds herself on their bed. It is so comfortable that she fell asleep as soon as she layed there.

Should she get use to such luxury?

She turns her head to her side to find her husband is sleeping next to her, clutching a toy car in his hands.

Should she get use to this man?

There is enough space between as the bed is big. She wakes up to see it is 6 p.m. in the evening. She have napped for more than 3 hours, after they returned from the living room.

She recalls what they told her-

 

I believe Kang did not tell you about our Chanyeol's condition before the wedding. Though we had never told him to hide it from you. I don't know why he did it. But I would speak the truth. You see WE needed someone to take care of him. Someone whose priority will be only Chanyeol. We could have hired a nanny which we had but she moved away after her marriage. So, we wanted to have someone who will be here with no other obligations. We were looking for a nice girl and when we got to know about you we didn't want to delay. We believe we owe you an apology." Uncle Kim lowers his eyes.

"Yes,Yerin. We can totally understand if you are upset or disappointed. You've every right to. No doubt. But please do not exert it on Yeol. He has no fault here. If we knew that Mr. Kang had not tell you anything about Yeol's condition, we would have talked to you before the marriage. Then we would have accepted your decision. But we got to know about this at lunch when Mrs. JiSu slipped out that they did not tell you anything. We're sorry." Kyungsoo sighs.

Yerin just looks at him," What is his condition?"

Kyungsoo blinks,"Sorry?"

"What is his condition?" She repeats herself in her usual cold voice.

"Uuhh...We were expecting some different kind of  reaction. Anyway, our Chanyeol...he..." Kyungsoo looks at his brother, "Even being almost 24 years old, he has a mind of a 6 years old boy." 

"Has he always been like this?"

" Oh, no! He was perfectly fine until his parents' death." Uncle Kim sighs," They were in the car when the breaks failed and it got into an accident. They died on the spot and Chanyeol was badly injured. Severe head injuries. Also he had witnessed them dying. It got him into a trauma. Kyungsoo was at home and I was at work. We did everything to treat him. Doctors all around the world were appointed but they could not help him. It has been 14 years since that horrying night."

The sadness prevails in the room and Yerin looks at the boys who are sitting beside her. Chanyeol is busy with the game, paying no attention to them and Kyungsoo is sitting with his head hanging low.

She wants to ask another question but thinks that it is not the right time, place and people.

"I am sorry if my questions hurt you but I needed to know this. I believe I have the right to. Thank you for sharing and after listening to your explanations, it seems it was my uncle and aunt's intentional misguidance. I do not blame you. I'll try my best to take care of him." Her tone is cold and nonchalant as usual.

" We thought you would want a divorce, cry or even threaten to sue us. You are so normal as if we had just told you about the weather. You are really something, Yerin." Kyungsoo is amused.

"She is not something! She is my bride!" Chanyeol grins and holds her hand.

It is nice to see someone smiling with no ulterior motive behind it. Yerin decides she likes his smile. 

"Yes. She is. Chanyeol,Yerin, you should go and take some rest." Uncle Kim gestures Miko who is standing there.

"Young master, it's time for your nap."She holds his arm.

Chanyeol begins to squirm,"No! Don't wanna nap! I wanna play more."

He keeps on refusing when Kyungsoo speaks out,"Yeol, please listen to Miko. Your bride is also tired. She woke up so early in the morning and did not get any rest at all. Ask her!"

Chanyeol looks at her with big eyes,"Are you tired?"

Yerin just nods.

He shrugs,"Okayyy then."

Yerin sighs and stares at his face. She has heard that the worst of the people look innocent when they are sleeping. In her small life of 19 years, one of the many things her Halmo has taught her is to recognize a person's character and intentions. So, she never trusts a person on their face value. In those few hours of observing him, she has understood that Chanyeol is a good person, someone who cares, or will care for her. The sparkle in his eyes, when he saw her first time, is one assurance to her.

It is early to say anything about her new family but she would get to know them soon. For now, she will pay more attention to Chanyeol. If she has been given a chance to be happy, why she should let it down? It does not matter how she is getting it.

She hears a knock and opens the door to see Miko and a young maid. She remembers the girl to be Mandu.

"Good evening, Lady. I hope you'd a good nap.You've not changed yet?"

Yerin looks at her dress."I didn't realize when I fell asleep. Plus the dress is quite comfortable so I never noticed. I did not bring much clothes." 

Miko walks inside and opens a huge closet with clothes for both men and women.

21 Elegant Walk In Closet Design Ideas

Yerin looks around.

"Lady. Here you go. It's been arranged with clothes of your size. All was bought just yesterday." She stated.

"All these are mine?! But..." Then she remembers her aunt gave them her measurements.

"Yes, Master Kyungsoo made sure you've everything here at your convenience. Please freshen up then have some tea. Mandu will help you. I will wake Young Master up."

Yerin nods and is about to enter the washroom when she hears someone shout.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT DO KYUNGSOO?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

She looks at Miko confused.

"That must be Mr. Byun Baekhyun. Young Master's childhood best friend and foster brother." Mandu blurts out.