Worries

THE CURSED BRIDE

***Triple  update

 

Chanyeol is looking through the files and also peeking at Yerin. He has not been talking to her much after his birthday. She tried to but thought not to nag. He has to finish checking the papers quickly. It is almost time for his Pororo telecast. He cannot miss that! He quickly checks the figures and waits for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo stops at the door. It is open and he can see Yerin folding some clothes. She never fails to surprise him. Always so calm, matured, reserved and...beautiful. Definitely not like the girls he has flings with. More like 'had'. After meeting her for the first time he just cannot pay attention to any other women. He always ends up comparing them to her. No woman has ever escape his charm. Except her. She is such a loyal and loving wife! He cannot help but be jealous of Chanyeol and feel sorry for her.

"Hi. You done?" He asks from the door.

"Oh Kyungsoo! Come in." Yerin turns to look at him.

Kyungsoo steps in and takes some moment to scan over her. Yerin is dressed in a modest, long sleeved yellow dress which enhances her complexion. She has her hair in a thick braid with no jewellery except for... He frowns, "Ummm...is that a wedding band?" He points slightly at her left ring finger.

She looks down at it, "Yes. Uncle Kim gave them to me. After the brunch?"

He remembers the tiny box his uncle had given to her. He notices that Chanyeol is also wearing an identical ring.

 

  Image result for promise rings titanium

 

"Wow! These are nice! Uncle has a good choice. I must say..." Kyungsoo hesitates.

"Oh no! I chose them as well when Miko asked me to choose the wedding dress. Uncle bought them!" Chanyeol sounds proud. And his brother's smile falters.

Yerin smiles to herself.

No wonder I love my wedding dress and ring so much.

"So...are those papers ready?" Kyungsoo tries to divert the topic.

"Yes! All is fine and I signed where required. Oh no! I'm late for Pororo!" Chanyeol rushes infront of the television and switches it on quickly.

"That's all for today, I guess..." Kyungsoo laughed at Chanyeol's childlike attitude. "I wish he could come to office and get the works done." He sighs.

Yerin looks at him,"Why can't he?"

" Well, though he technically works as much as we do, even takes wise decisions, he cannot adjust to the office's professional environment. We tried to get him but he just does not like the formal code."

Yerin nods understandingly. There is a vast difference between the comfort zone of the home and the proper working place. Especially for a person with a nature of a 5 year old.

"So...I shall leave now..." He runs his fingers awkwardly in his hair.

"Good afternoon unnie." 

Kyungsoo get confused and turns to find Inhee entering.

"Hi, noona." He greets solemnly.

He gets an identical expression, "Hello. Kyungsoo. How are you?"

He nods stiffly and excuses himself.

"You never liked him much?" Yerin asks observing their forced interaction.

Inhee shakes her head, "No, He is not too 'likeable'." She smiles when she sees Chanyeol glued to the t.v. He still has not fathom her presence. She gestures Yerin to stay quiet and slowly moves behind him. She closes his eyes from behind with her hands,"Guess who?"

Chanyeol jumps, "Noonaaa!!!"

They hug. They really miss each other.

Yerin smiles. The joy radiating from them can make anyone happy. She asks," Should I get you something? Your regular black coffee?"

Inhee looks at her and smiles broadly, "No! The doctor has asked me to cut down my caffeine intake."

Yerin looks at her confused for a while. When she understands the statement, she shrieks in joy. She hugs her unnie tightly.

"The doubts are cleared?! I'm gonna be an imo?!" She cheers again when Inhee nods enthusiastically.

"I'll get strawberry milkshakes for all of us and I'm gonna inform Mandu to join us!" She jumps out in the direction of the kitchen.

Chanyeol tilts his head in confusion and surprise. He has never seen 'his Irin' so happy and excited. Even his noona is also so happy.

"What happened? Why is Irin like this?" He asks innocently.

Inhee smiles at him and gives him a side hug,"Your Irin is elated with the news of me... Ummm... Okay...Chanyeol, you are going to be an uncle! I and your hyung are going to have a baby!" 

He looks at her scratching his head," What? How?"

Inhee does not understand if she should laugh or cry.  

Before she can say something, Chanyeol exclaims, "I know how! You and hyung are married! And you will have babies! Just like my dad and omma were married and they had me! Wow!" 

His exclamation relaxes her a bit. She was having a really tough time thinking how she would explain "the birds and the bees". 

"Yes. My Yeol, you are so smart." She pats his head and he smoothes his collar proudly.

The 2 young women enters and Mandu hugs Inhee to congratulate. They begin to chat about the baby and other countless things.  Baekhyun joins them after some hours. 

Everyone is busy chattering and laughing when Inhee notices Chanyeol. He is glancing at Yerin and sighing? He looks a little worried.

She sits beside him. Others have not notice them. "Yeol, darling. You okay?"

He looks at her and hesitates, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You look worried. You can tell me or your hyung or even Yerin..."

"No no not Irin!" He quickly refuses.

Inhee guesses that it may have to do something with Yerin,"What happened?"

He sighs again,"On my birthday, she asked me about your and hyung's dolls and I said what I did. Noona, I am still sorry."

"It's okay, Yeol!" Inhee shakes her head. That incident means nothing to her anymore. He has forgiven them and they are a family again.

"Thank you. Then she asked to make her a doll. I said no. She became sad." 

"Oh! You two are miffed at each other cuz of this?" She wonders.

"No, I said her the reason. I said that I didn't want her to be here with me as a doll. I want her to be real. A human being. So, she cried." He shrugs as he cannot understand the sentiment behind her action.

Inhee herself wants to cry. How cute and loveable her dongsaeng is!

"So? She must be very happy with the reason."

"I don't know. She must be cuz she gave me a...kiss" His face becomes red as a tomato when he whispers the word "kiss".

"Awww! That's so cute! And nice!" She gushes.

"No, she kissed me here!" He points at his lips and quickly casts his eyes down.

Inhee takes some time to gather her words, "Yeollie, if I am not wrong, no one has ever kissed you there, right?"

He slowly nods.

"So why you being like this?"

"I don't know! After she did that, I feel something small moving in my stomach whenever I look at her. My heart is also beating so much! My face also becomes red!" His tone is so serious. 

Inhee grins knowingly and plants a kiss on his forehead, "I think I know what is wrong with you, my baby brother. You are in love."

 

 

 

The night falls and the Parks are in their room. Chanyeol is lying, wrapped in the blanket, and thinking very deeply about something. He has been like this since his birthday. Yerin thinks it can be due to the kiss. She has never done anything without thinking. The kiss was a spur of the moment occurence.

It was my first kiss and I believe it was his first kiss as well.

She does not regret it at all. She sits beside him and puts a hand on his shoulder. It breaks his trail of thoughts. He looks at her and blushes. It seems he is not offended. So, she will not apologize.

"What are you thinking, Chanyeol?"

"I'm thinking about the baby. It will be our niece or nephew, right?"

"Yes! I'm so excited!"

"Irin, Your parents were married and also your halmo and grandpa, your uncle and aunt, right?" He asks in a quiet yet urgent tone.

She frowns,"Yes."

"So were my omma and Dad, Halmoni and grandpa, and then Baek hyung and noona..." He realizes something, " SO ARE WE!"

"So?" she is still not clear.

"They all have babies! Oh my! We will have babies too!" His is awestruck at his discovery.

Yerin's eyes may pop out," Wh-Wh-What?!" She chokes out.

"YES! WE EVEN KISSED AND WE SLEEP TOGETHER! OH MY GOODNESS!" He covers himself in the blanket.

Yerin breathes in and out to calm herself. She tries to overcome her laughter and panic, "Ummm...who told you this?" She relaxes with difficulty.

"Oh, I know! One day, there was a girl who came here with her parents. They said that she had Kyungsoo's baby in her tummy. They had 'slept together'? I also once saw them kiss in the gardens. She was in his class. She said he promised to be together forever and gave her a ring. But Uncle Kim said that was not true. Kyungsoo also yelled very much. I remember Halmoni yelling at him to take responsibility. The situation of the our home was so bad! " He shudders, "Then after few days, they said that the baby was dead and that ajhusshi took his daughter away! Poor baby! I like babies..." He shakes his head sadly.

Yerin cringes at the incident. She never liked Kyungsoo but it seems he is a scum, "How old were you then?"

"I was sixteen."

So was Kyungsoo and the girl.

"Irin! We' ll also have baby right? We are married, also have rings, we promise to be together forever, we are sleeping together and also...kissed..." He blushes again at the "kiss" word.

Yerin hides her face in her hand, "Yes. Maybe, someday." 

"Okay!" He is so pleased with himself.

She tucks him in and lies down. He falls asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow. She switches off the lights and turns at her side, thinking about their future.