Small Celebration

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin is waiting impatiently. The old cook looks at her over his shoulder and smiles. Their new Lady Park is a gem of a person. He did not realize that he has expressed his thoughts loudly. 

Yerin looks at him curiously, "What was it ajusshi?"

He shakes his head slightly,"You are perfect for our young master and this mansion.I still can't believe how those two made such a great choice?!" His distaste for the uncle-nephew duo is clear.

Yerin clears , "Ajusshi, why did not you and the others quit? I mean..."

He appears to be shocked and offended," Why, Mistress?! God Forbid! We've been here for generations! No employer would ever take care of his employees even after their death. It has been practised for ages. All of us have life-insurances with good benefits and a good monthly salary! It is done in such a way that Mr. Kim and Kyungsoo cannot deny us!" He holds the Parks in high regard and can never think to be disloyal to them.

 Yerin has received the same sentiments from the other servants and Mandu.

"So the only people who've not been here for generations are Mrs. Miko and Butler Min?"

He nods and gets back to work with a sullen face. Yerin got to know about Miko and Min. They are married and was employed by Uncle Kim after Halmoni Park's demise as it was getting tough to keep an eye on the boys, house and business altogether. So technically, Miko brought up them up.

Their conversation is disrupted with the signal of the oven.

"Lady, I think your cake is done. Don't worry I'll bake for everyone else! This one is very special! Be quick!"

Yerin sighs. The servants actually do not know much and whatever they do, they've revealed already. 

She waits for the cake to cool and after decorating it, she moves back to their bedroom.

 

 (Imagine two candles as '24' on it)  

 

She enters stealthily only to find Chanyeol sitting on the bed.

"Kyaaahh!! You're up?!" She pouts.

Chanyeol skips towards her and pinches her cheek, "Cute!" He giggles.

She blushes and asks him to blow the candles.

"WOW!! Irin!! You made this!! " He gaps.

Yerin smiles pleasantly. " Of course!! Afterall it's my lo-...my best friend and hubby's birthday today! He is very special, you see."

Chanyeol takes some moment to understand who she was talking about. The realization makes his eyes go even bigger and he claps,"Yes! That's me! It's my Birthday today!" He claps and dances around in glee.

She laughs,"Okay, okay. It's very early in the morning and most of them are still asleep. Now make a wish, blow the candle and cut the cake."

They sit on the couch and Chanyeol closes his eyes to make a wish. He blows the candles off and cuts the cake. Yerin feeds him and he squeals at how delicious the dessert is.

"So what did you ask for?" Yerin puts away the rest of it in the small private fridge for the Byuns and Mando.

"Oh, I am not supposed to say it!" Chanyeol shakes his head urgently. "But I can tell you what I asked for last year since my wishes became true!" He is very happy.

"Really?! And what were those?" Yerin tilts her head, laughing.

"Oh! I wished for the new project to be successful, to complete 10 dolls before my next birthday, the little birds to be hatched from the eggs safely, a new video game, chocolates and most importantly...." He stops.

Yerin has been listening to him and looks at him when he stops,"What's most important you asked for? Tell me."

Chanyeol looks directly into her eyes and smiles broadly," You."

Her smile falters a little and her expression shows her confusion,"Me?"

"Yes! I don't have my mom's diary anymore but I remember what she wrote. Once she had wished for someone who would love her to the moon and back. I could not understand it but she said that her wish became true when she had married Appa. So, I followed her way and asked for someone like that. And God gave you to me as my gift. BEST GIFT EVER!" He hugs her tightly.

Yerin feels something wet on her cheeks 

When was the last time I cried? And that too out of happiness?!

Chanyeol looks at her face and weeps them urgently,"I'm so sorry Irin! Did I hurt you?"

She quickly shakes her head, "Oh no! Can My Yeol ever hurt me?"

He shakes his head violently, "Never!"

Yerin smiles and sighs,"It's nothing. Yeol. Your Irin is just so happy."

He laughs and hugs her again.

She hugs him back tightly, "Thank you for making that wish."

 

" Did I ever ask for you?"