Hurting and Healing

THE CURSED BRIDE

*** Yes. A triple update... and it could be even more... XD 

 

Miko bangs the door open. She is hissing in anger. Min follows her and locks them in. He puts his hand on his wife's shoulder.

"WHAT DOES THAT STUPID GOOD FOR NOTHING LASS THINKS OF HERSELF?!! ORDERING ME AROUND?! HUMILIATING ME INFRONT OF THOSE LOWLY SERVANTS! OBJECTING MY WAYS?!

NO ONE! NO ONE HAS EVER SAID A SINGLE WORD AGAINST MY WAY OF RUNNING THE HOUSEHOLD! NOT EVEN SIR KIM OR MASTER KYUNGSOO! THAT YESTERDAY'S GIRL IS TEACHING ME HOW TO BEHAVE, TALKING ABOUT MANAGING THE HOUSEHOLD PROPERLY! BLOODY UNLUCKY. CLASSLESS. PIECE OF..." Her husband cups .

"What the hell are you doing?! If anyone would have heard you...then..."

"SO WHAT?! HUH?! SO WHAT THEY WOULD DO ?! GONNA GO TELL HER?! OR THE MASTERS?! I GIVE IT A DAMN! GET IT! TO HELL WITH HER AND HER STUPID BRAINLESS EXCUSE OF A HUSBAND!"

"And if you don't shup up then we will be in trouble!" Min hushes.

"I can't! I can't tolerate her anymore!" Miko hisses venomously.

"Do you think its easy for me?! How I've been tolerating her for four months now?! Always 'yes, Lady Park'! 'I'm sorry, Lady!' Blah, blah, blah," He sneers.

"We cannot even tell the masters about her! They will say that she is the lady of the house! Whatever she will deem right, will happen! Her wishes! My foot! How long we'll have to endure that girl?!" She growls.

 

 

 

Yerin is furious. She must admit these 4 months living in this house has made her feel some emotions which were new to her. Positive and negative. Good and bad. Just like now.

"Thank you, Lady. You're always so nice." A small voice interrupts her thoughts. The young errand boy, no more than 10 years old, is standing infront of her. His head is bowed in respect and gratitude.

She gestures him to come forward, "I did what was right. I've to indure such bad things all my life but you don't have to. I had no other way but you work here. You're not a slave. None of the people who work here are slaves. Do not take in all these atrocities quietly." 

"B-but I need this job. Noona needs her job too! What if they do something bad to her?!" he shudders.

Yerin hugs the little boy, "Nothing will happen to Mandu! Relax. Now your work-time is up! Off to your homework now!"

He salutes his master and lady and runs away with a big smile on his small face.

Chanyeol looks at Yerin now, "WOW IRIN! I've never seen you so angry! And how you've saved Mandu and her little brother Tammy! And also others at different times!" He is totally enamoured by her.

She just shrugs, "It has to be done. Miko and Butler Min are too harsh to them and punish them for all minor and stupid reasons!"

Chanyeol looks a little tensed. He moves closer to her and whispers,"But do you think she will punish us when she will know you have asked me not to take the medicines and throw them away after she leaves? What if she harms you?"

Yerin in an equal quiet voice, "Don't worry. She wouldn't know. Who will tell her?" She winks.

Chanyeol laughs and nods...

 

 

 

The third day of her arrival...

Yerin is looking at the worried face of her newly-wedded husband who is glancing at the clock repeatedly. His eyes are tearing. 

Why is he so scared? Only because of the medicines are bitter?

She moves towards him and sits,"Are you alright?"

He looks at her scared,"Miko is coming with my medicines. I don't wanna have them!"

" But they are good for you, right? I know it's bitter but it helps you."

Chanyeol shakes his head, "Not only bitter! After I've them, for 15 minutes I get very bad headache. As if my head will burst out! You did not see it yesterday coz you went to make breakfast. When you came back, it was gone."

 

 

Yerin is looking at Chanyeol again. Just few minutes back Miko had him take those meds. Now he is quivering in pain and clutching his head. It has been 3 weeks and every morning she has to watch him suffer.

She has asked Baekhyun and Inhee who have agreed to her concern. Baekhyun had once even checked these suppliments and the results showed no harm. Even the doctors from abroad recommended them.

She has asked Kyungsoo and Uncle Kim who also stated the same.

He has been taking them for 14 years and suffering. She has even asked for the medicine responsibility but her keen requests are declined. Uncle Kim thinks she will be very easy-going with him and may not want him to go through the pain. Thus she will end up not giving the tablets to him. They had trusted Inhee once who did the same. Besides he will only listen to the stern Miko.

Even after all these, there is something...something in her heart telling her to trust her instinct and not let him have them. She has always been so rational but now she cannot even fathom her change in perception.

So, one day she asks Chanyeol to keep the meds hidden in his mouth and spit them away after Miko leaves.

It has been a month Chanyeol is not consumming them.

 

 

 

"Now, what will you like for snacks?" Yerin asks.

"Ummm...Coffee!"

"What? Coffee? And?"

"Anything that 'eats' nice with coffee!"

"Okay! Let me get something delicious!" Yerin walks out of the room, humming an old tune.