Changes

THE CURSED BRIDE

***So sorry for these last few boring chapters but I find them to be important for understanding the plot... Enjoy...

 

 

Uncle Kim is handing out the monthly expense of the house to Miko when he hears the door of the studyroom being knocked. "Come in..."

The door opens to reveal Baekhyun and Yerin. His mood gets a little wary seeing the young man there. Though he becomes a little curious finding his niece-in-law with him.

It must be something important...  

Yerin, a little uncomfortable, clears , "Uncle Kim... we need to talk..."

She sees Miko going out of the room, frowning at them, a little irritated. As she has been the care-taker of Chanyeol, she decides,"She can stay..."

He gestures them at the chairs and asks to proceed.

 

'WHAT?! I HAD NO IDEA!! HERE I THOUGHT... He improved and at least started to talk after the playground mishap, so I thought..." He is slowly shaking his head, disappointed at himself.

Yerin has explained what has been happening to Chanyeol and about the tests that proved them.

Uncle Kim is now going through the files and sighing.

"I swear if I had  any idea...well Chanyeol had complained about headaches but then the doctor said this was the side effect and will get subsided gradually...I guess...I guess these meds are actually not suitable for him...the dooctor may have diagnosed him wrong...I need to speak with the doctor...and may be even change him..." He calls the psychiatrist immediately for an appointment.

He looks at them," Thank you Yerin and Byun. If I had the slightest notion... But one thing I'll ask... how did your doctor know that he is being given the wrong dosage...? I mean it can be assumed that the person may need them in that way... as he has not meet Chanyeol yet..."

Baekhyun nods,"Yes you are right. Exactly that is what happened the first time. He could not understand the problems and also thought it was fine. But this time I had Chan's medical reports with me...So it was possible..." He answers in a formal tone.

"But how? How? did you get them done?!" Miko cannot keep shut anymore.

"Well since you do not let anyone touch the bottles. For the first time Unnie stole them from you room. Then the second time I stopped Yeol from swallowing and take those. I provided the medical papers as well..." Yerin's answer is to the point. There is no need to hide or anything.

"What?! you took the reports and no one knows..."Miko is flabbergasted.

"Well I really DO NOT find it necessary to ask anyone for handling MY HUSBAND's things...especially YOU...Which reminds me...why are you so shocked...?" Yerin's face is cold as well as her tone.

'What? Oh! no I...I was just feeling guilty that I had been giving those meds to him for almost 13 years which are so bad for him..." She lowers her head.

"Well Miko you did that you were asked to. Not that you did it on your own. And by the way please stop being so paranoid about Chanyeol all the time. I believe Yerin is smart and sensible enough to take care of her husband and home..." Uncle Kim reprimends her.

"Sorry Lady. Sirs. I'll be careful..."She bows.

"So let us take an appointment with the other doctor as well...We may change him if there is no improvement. Byun can you talk with him and ask him to come here as you know Chanyeol does not leave the house..." Uncle Kim proposes.

"Yes. That will be the right thing to do... I think he can come. Actually this is his home town so it should not be any problem..."He excuses himself and leaves to make the call.

Uncle Kim looks at Yerin,"Dear. You'll from now on alway visit the doctors and all his responsbilities are yours..."

"Well Uncle...It has been since the day we were married..."    
  

 

The episodes about the psychiatrists are over. Chanyeol's new doctor has a complete different way of treatment than the former one and the new process seems to be suitable for him. 

Dr. Lee does not trust medicines much. His way of treating revolves more therapies, talks, and observations. At first he appreciated Yerin's idea of not letting him make the meds and see his improvements. As it is important as a proof that his ways will work on him...

He visits the town every 15 days and Yerin takes Chanyeol for his appointments. Fortunately this time he did not have to be coaxed very much to step out of the house. And He seems to be comfortable with him. It has been 1 and a half month already.

They have arrived after his 3rd session with the psychiatrist and they are planning to sleep. Chanyeol is writing whatever has happened throughout the day in his diary. This is part of his therapy. He has been asked to write about his everyday occurences and after 15 days Dr. Lee checks them. And as for Yerin, she is aked to note every slightest change in his behaviour and words...

"I will wear a pink shirt tomorrow for my noona's baby shower. I've made a pink banner and will blow the pink balloons. Everything will be pink and white cause I am getting a niece...She will be very beautiful, I know..." He is writing and reading it aloud.

Yerin enjoys listening to Chanyeol's reading. It is a cute habit and many amusing things she gets to hear. But her smile disappears when the next few lines are spoken...

"For my and Irin's baby we'll have a baby shower as well. I'll take care of her like Baek Hyung takes care of noona...Now I also know that the baby stays in the mother's tummy for a long time and it is hard for the mummy...Irin is the best!! So she should not be in pain... I'll love our baby just like Appa loved me...And I hope the baby will look like Irin... also she, yes I want a girl baby... will not think I am stupid and awful..."  

The last line is too much for Yerin to ignore. She turns to look at him wiping his tears. She rushed to him and hugs him tightly. He cries.

"What happened?.."She runs her fingers in his hair.

"I-I...today when we went to the hospital, I saw a lady with a big tummy and her husband...They look as happy as Hyung and Noona...The lady said to her husband that she wanted the baby to be just like him... and they hug. It was very nice. So I think of you...then I remember that how I am...I don't want our baby to hate me cuz I am not so smart and...and I..." He hiccups.

"Listen...Let me tell you somethings...First. Stop crying...now..."

The stern voice of Yerin shocks him. He quickly wipes his tears.

"Secondly, Who has said that you are stupid and awful?! What is all these?! You are not anything like that!! You are a very nice man who is intelligent, kind, and always tries to make others happy...may be you are a bit different but everyone is different from each other!!" 

 Also if we ever have a baby then let me tell you a truth...our child is gonna be the luckiest to have a father like you...You know why...cuz you will love the baby more than anything...you can take care of it, teach it everything you know, all the good values and also protect it... Yes I believe you can protect me and the baby..." her voice is strong.

Chanyeol grins and puts a hand on her cheek running his thumb on her skin, delicately.

Yerin's eyes shots open. There is such tenderness in his touch but it lacks the usual childlike innocence it usually has. 

"Thank you Irin...and I am sorry..."

"It's okay...But never say such things again." She leans her head in his hand.

They stay for some moments like that then...

"Why do you want the baby to look just like me?..."

Chanyeol removes his hand from her cheek and fixes his glasses,"Actually I thought you will not like a baby with ears like mine...See..." He moves his head towards Yerin.

Yerin tugs at them slightly and smiles, "Why?! I would love the baby with such ears, eyes, nose and all!!" 

To which Chanyeol laughs...