Doubts and...

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin wanted to meet Mandu and Tammy's mother but she couldn't. The lady is no more... 

As if there is any other way left that could relate her more with her family members...she has always been a firm believer in destiny and all this makes her belief even stronger...

It has been two months since her amazing birthday and today is her mother's death anniversary. And like every year she will go to the grave-yard. So she has to visit her village...

Was it, was it  ever her village, her home? In any sense? "Her Village?" A joke!! Well it was her home until her Halmo died. Now her one and only home is The Park Residence...

She looks out of the car's window. It has been 9 months of their marriage and her departure from this place...

9 months?! Who had thought ...?! She herself hardly can believe it...

The car stops and she sighs. She gathers the 4 bouquets in her hand. She will pay respect her grandparents and father as well.

She walks into the grave-yard from where the factory can be seen. She sees a family there as well around a grave. They also notice her and begin to talk among themselves. She is sure they are talking about her and the news of her short visit shall spread in the village soon.

She walks to her intended site and bows to them. She prays and opens her eyes,

"Hello omma, appa, Halmo and harabeoji... I'm so sorry that I could not visit these 9 months but I've always remembered you in my prayers everyday. I am sure you know that! You also may know that I got married. Yes Halmo. You were right about me having a husband and a home of my own... Well its true that the marriage was... was bizarre and unsual but not OUR bond!! You won't believe how happy I am to have him in my life!! Such a nice and sweet guy he is!! Look!! He even made this bouquets for you!! From the flowers of our garden!!"

She puts them on the graves,"  He wanted to come... but you see he has agoraphobia. Something that means Fear of outside, if I am not wrong... So I did not request...

I know he is not a conventional or regular husband but however he is, I just...I just love him and cannot imagine my life without him!!

Oh I forgot to tell you about my family!! Chanyeol is also an orphan like me but he has great people at his home!! And I got an amazing  elder sister and...."

"...a very loving elder brother who loves his both dongsaeng..." Yerin turns to see Baekhyun walking towards her. He bows to the dead and presents some flowers." Who promises to be there for them as much as he can..."

She smiles at him and gives him a side hug." Thank you oppa..."

Baekhyung ruffles her hair slightly.

Yerin gets a little serious," Did the driver see you entering?"

"No I took the gate in the north of the site. No one should know about this. " The urgency in his voice is evident.

Yerin relaxes,"Yes. That is true..."

"So you brought it?" He puts his hand forward.

"Yes. Just a second..." She digs into her purse and gets out a small plastic bag. "Here."

Baekhyun takes them. "I hope we could get some answers from these..."

 

Two days ago...

Yerin is colouring a picture of a carrot. Mandu and her brother Tammy are in their bedroom to escape from Miko's wrath. They are studing for their tests and Chanyeol is helping them. He is quite good at teaching. 

Yerin just don't understand what was Miko's problem? Sure she is the head caretaker and doea her work efficiently but that does nt excuse her utter insolency and oppressing nature. Okay if Mandu and Tammy has completed their work before their  worktime they should be excused earlier as they have exams... Now those two poor kids are hiding from her and studying there safely....

The ringtone of her cell phone ceases the thoughts. SHe checks the caller name and smiles. Since they are concentrated in studying she walks to the balcony to avoid disturbing them...

"Hello Oppa!! How are you and unnie? How's my niece?" She chirps.

"We are fine. So is your niece... Ummm... Yerin I wanted to talk to you about something..." He sounds a little serious.

Yerin frowns,"Sure Oppa. Tell me..." 

"Does Chanyeol get those nightmares like before?" He gets straiht to the point.

"Huh? Yes. He does but they are less frequent now. And easier to manage..."

"Hmm...that means he does not need those meds anymore..." Baekhyun's skeptically remarks," Or may be he never needed them in the first place..."

Yerin gets confused,"Sorry oppa but what do you mean?"

Baekhyun's urgently voices," Rin. Are you sure no one is near?"

"Yes oppa. I am standing on the balcony and the sliding door is closed...what is it?"

"Okay... listen. You must have known that I once secretly took the 2 tablets with me to get them checked?..."

"Yes and unnie told that the reports of them were normal as in they are not harming him...The doctors actually recommended..."

"Yes... you are right."

"So what is wrong? I am confused..."

"I don't know...it's just since Inhee told me that you asked Chanyeol to stop taking those meds and then his condition is not worsening, on the contrary, getting better...I am getting a bit doubtful..."

Yerin frowns," Oppa, how you got them to test? I mean Miko has them in her care and no one is allowed to even touch them..." She remembers that argument between them when she asked to take care of the routine.

"Yes. You're right.  Even Inhee was badly scolded when she asked. But then when we discussed about it, I asked her to steal them from Miko's room. Since she lived there at that time, she sneaked into her room and  got them." Baekhyun answers.

"So now? I mean what are you saying? You want to get them tested again?"

"Yes. But this time when Chanyeol will be given those, ask him to not to throw them away. Bring those to me...meet me somewhere out. Not in the mansion..."

"Okay oppa. But can you wait for two days. Its my mom's death anniversary and I'll be visiting the graveyard in the morning. Meet me there. So that I do not have to make any other excuse. We cannot risk it...at all."

"Alright then. I'll be there. Will 10 a.m. do?"

"Yes. See you then..."

 

Present day

 

"Thanks Yerin. I'll be leaving for the capital right away. The results may take two days..."

"I know...But what  there can be different from that previous result? I mean is it even necessary...?" Yerin is not so sure.

"Well... we can only know after the test...let's see..." He shrugs.

They leave the graveyard, using the path they entered, respectively. Yerin sits in the car and looks out of the moving vehicle.

A lot depends on the result of the test. A lot will change for better...and even...worse...