Survival Instincts

THE CURSED BRIDE

*** Disclaimer: The following chapters will contain things completely meant for reading pleasures. Nothing personal AT ALL. I solemnly apologize if I have hurt anyone, even unintentionally... Thank you again :) ***   

 

Yerin is sure. She is sure that she is losing her mind. What the hell was she even thinking in such dreadful time?! A person's life in a wax doll?!...

She sighs and gets into the bathroom to wash her face. It must be the nervous breakdown she had and all these revelations and fears... too much for her to think clear. But she has to...if she wants to save them all...

She can hear Chanyeol and Mando in the playroom.

"There is dirt on this Butler Min doll, Young Master... I am rubbing but it is not coming out. Can we wash it? Since it is wax it will not go bad..." Miko suggests.

"Okayyy!! Then we can dry it!!" Chanyeol agrees.

Yerin takes a glass of water from the bathroom before Mando could get up. She puts it down, "There you go..."

Chanyeol dunks the doll in the glass and the dirt washes away. He dries it off and put it back.

"Oh! It's time for the afternoon snacks!! I will bring them right away!!" 

Yerin stops her saying that she will go. She may get another chance to listen or see something useful...

She walks into the kitchen to see  Butler Min standing there completely drenched.

She opens to say something but...

" How did you fall in the pool?! Why?! You don't even know how to swim?!" Miko sounds irritated.

"Are you Mad?! Why on earth will I do that for?! I was showing those cleaners how to scrub around the pool and I slipped by stepping on the soapy water...I could not get up...It was so scary..." He shudders.

"Today is actually a bad day!!" She huffs.

Yerin enters the kitchen, and asks Butler Min what has happened. He narrates the story again and she asks him to take care. She shows some fake concern for Miko's hand who claims it is getting better....

She gets upstairs with the snacks. They have a good time.

After Mandu leaves to prepare dinner, Yerin sits beside Chanyeol and gives him a kiss on his cheek. He giggles and blushes.

"Thank you Yeol for being such a good husband! You took such nice care of me and now I am fine!!" She kisses him on the lips.

Chanyeol squirms,"Oh my...!!" 

"You are so cute!! I know I will tell you a secret of mine today..." She hums.

"Oh Wow!!" He gasps.

"Yes. But before that you've to show me how you make wax dolls!!"

"Okay!!" He agrees.

He makes a small bird with expertise which almost looks real. Yerin notices his every action. There is nothing weird and unusual about the process...

"Wow!! Yeol is so amazing!! It's beautiful!!" She is always awestruck by his skills.

"Thank you..." He smiles proudly.

"Yeol...do you make the dolls of the people the same way...?" She asks.

"Yes. Always. First I memorize their face and features and then make them. I recall and shape!!" He sounds truthful.

"How did you learn them?" She tries again.

"I don't know...Appa used to say omma loves doing these so he wanted me to learn. One day he showed me omma's tools and I found them very interesting. I started to work on them and they were very nice at the first trial!! I was only seven...!!" He is so happy to recollect.

"Hmmm...and you don't like me as a doll cuz you like me as a person..."

"Yes! I know I cannot make your doll ever!!" He announces.

"When?" She needs to be sure.

"That day when you first made breakfast for me and said you'll always be there for me...the next day of you coming here..." He muses.

Oh Chanyeol...

She sighs. "By the way before you broke Oppa and Unni's dolls you had said that they were no more your hyung and noona then threw them away...right?"

"Yes. I then understood they had to do that and I was wrong..." He sound sad now.

She hugs him tightly and they stay like that for a long time.

"Yeol...?"

"Yes. Lets play on the rooftop..." She smiles.

He shrugs, "Okay!!"

Yerin gathers some of his toys in a basket and they reach the place.

She places the mat near the boundary and they sit to play.

She knows what she is about to do is very illogical and absurd. But when there is no way found one has to do things that are beyond conception...She will have to give it a try... She could be wrong or....Uncle Kim has not called yet...For sure...Oppa is still alive...

"Chanyeol...listen..." she moves infront him. He is leaning with his back at the 3 feet boundary.

He looks at her a bit confused. His 'Irin' is looking at him in a bit different way. She looks serious and sad...

"Irin... are you okay...?" He sounds worried.

"Yes. Now I'll tell you something I've never told you before..."

"What is it?" He rises his glasses on his eyes.

"I love you...I love you so much...more than anything and anyone in this world..." With that she hugs him.

Chanyeol has a big smile on his face. He hugs back tightly.

"I love you...Park Chanyeol...to infinity and beyond..."

She voices her true feelings and stretches her right hand outside the boundary wall, opens her clutch and drops the wax doll of Uncle Kim Byeong Hun....