Another Celebration and...

THE CURSED BRIDE

Chanyeol lays down slowly, checks Yerin again beside him and sighs in relief. He woke up from his nightmare again. This has been happening since he stopped ingesting the medicines.Those 12 years has been awful for him even for 15 minutes everyday... 

Whenever he wakes up crying and shivering in fear, Yerin is always there to comfort him. She does not want him to go through such a bad experience every night... sometimes she feels that those 15 minutes of pain is a little better than staying up sleepless wholenight, quivering and sobbing. But something, there is something in her heart, that keeps telling her to not let him have those suppliments... She still cannot figure out this alerting notion ...

But tonight Chanyeol did not want to wake her up. She is tired as she helped the kitchen assistants as well as Mandu to do the works. That poor girl is sick but Miko won't listen to any 'excuse'. Though Yerin was used to do 10 times more work everyday before her marriage, it was a bit tiring to get them done after so many months of no hard labour...

Though the nightmares are scary, it seems they are getting less violent. Now he can't sleep. So he turns on his side to look at his wife... he keeps staring at her face... and finds his cheeks going warm...again.

Oh no... It's happening again! The bugs are running in my stomach and my heart is beating fast... Noona said I am in love... what is that? how... why......? 

He gets an idea when his eyes fall on the clock. He gets up and gets into his playroom without any sound.

 

Yerin extends her hand to find the right side of the bed empty. She sits up panicked and begins to look for him, in the bathroom and then in the playroom. It did not take her even a minute to find him but it was enough to get her teary. Chanyeol is sleeping on the matress and there are some paper and other stationary things scattered around him. She wipes her face and looks at the time. It was 7 am in the morning. 

 

When diid he wake up? why so early?...

Something catches her attention. Something is kept hidden in a book and it is put beside his head. She takes it out and gasps.

A birthday card?!    Image Source

She opens to read it...

Dear Yerin,

A Very Happy Birthday to you!!

Always be very happy. Because then I am happy...

Chanyeol  

 

He wakes up at the sound of someone crying. He rubs his eyes to find out Yerin sitting beside him and hugging the card he made for her birthday.

"Irin! What happened?! You did not like the card?!" He tenderly rubs her arm, making her look at him.

"N-no Yeol. YOUR IRIN is so happy!! This is the best birthday and the best birthday ever!! I can not thank you enough...ever..." She sniffs and gives a watery smile.

"Really?! I knew You'll like it!! We wished each other the first on our birthdays!!" He hugs her tightly.

They get back to their room and she puts the card very safely with her very few valuable things. 

"Let's do it every year Yeol... let's us be the first person to wish each other till last..."

 

 Everyone in the mansion sincerely wishes her, well except Miko and Butler Min who are formal as usual. She is overwhelmed with such gestures from others. It has never happen to her before. And when the cook presents her with seaweed soup she cannot stop her tears again. In the evening the Byuns visit. They could not visit regularly due to Inhee's condition and Baekhyun's work. But they regularly stayed in contact through calls.

They are having tea and Chanyeol watches how Baekhyun puts a pillow under Inhee's feet and joins him.

"Hyung!! I've some questions... Can I ask you ?"

"Sure! What're those ?"

"Is noona sick?" He sounds worried.  

"Uhhh..." Baekhyun looks at his wife."No. Not exactly...why?"

"Well..she said yuck looking at her favourite ice cream and ate apple pie instead. She is  angry sometimes and cried watching me and Yerin together...she looks so tired..." 

"Oh! That! Well these are normal in this condition... " His hyung assures him.

"Condition?" He cannot understand.

"Yup... For the baby..."

"Baby?! Where?!" Chanyeol asks eagerly.

Baekhyun smiles, "Calm down. There is still time like five more months... it's in her tummy" He points at the tiny bump which can be ditected if looked very closely.

Chanyeol looks closely and is surprised, "Is it not because she eat a lot of udon noodles for dinner? She ate 3 big bowls... then half of apple pie...I saw her..." He tilts his head, confused.

Baekhyun laughs but covers it with a cough,"Oh my God Channie!! No that's not food! That's a tiny human growing inside..."He sighs contently watches Inhee lovingly.

Chanyeol looks at his hyung," So...it's..it's also not a big pimple on her tummy?" He scratches his head.

"P-pimple?! No! That's your nephew or niece Yeol!! That's how babies are..." He remembers that Chanyeol has never seen any pregnant woman before nor has any ideas about it.

"Wow! I know you two are married so you'll become mummy and daddy but How it got in her tummy?" He asks innocently.

And it wipes away the smile on Baekhyun's face." Ummm....well...uh..Yeol you see uh..." He has no idea how to explain. "I don't know..." He sighs.

"Owh! okay then..."He sound a little disappointed.

"Yeol don't say that your noona is fat in front of her okay? She gets very sad these days...oh and also don't need to ask how babies get into uh...women's tummies...okay?" He has to make sure no one misinterprets the whole thing to him.  Even though he has the right to know about it like everyone, it's absolutely not the right time and understanding for him. Besides it will get Yerin into an very uncomfortable sitution.

"What is up with you?" He tries to divert his mind and succeeds.

Chanyeol remembers his 'other' problem and sighs dramatically.

"Hyung... You married Inhee noona cause you 'fell in love' right?" To which Baekhyun nods." How you know you did? when?"

Baekhyun is quite intrigued by his questions," How I knew...? Hmmm... It started with wanting to see her everyday, listen her talking, liking to be around. Heart beating very fast, blushing around her... Never happened to me before. Completely new... Then gradually it became so tough to be away from her, at home I could not sleep... I was always worried about her. Angry if someone hurt her, sad if she is sad, happy if she is happy... Then one day I saw Uncle Kim proposing her( "more like threatening her", but he says this in his mind)  I got very scared and on tthat very day confessed. She agreed and you know the rest..." He is always honest.

Chanyeol blinks," Oh So Inhee  noona was right!!"

"What?" 

"I'm also in love!! Same things are happening to me!!"He announces.

"Yes. I love you, noona, Madame Yoon, Halmoni, amma, appa, Kyungsoo and also uncle Kim but it is very different for Irin..."

Baekhyun rises in his chair," Different as in? What ever I said you feel it around her?"

"YES!! But I also like her hugs and kisses!! you did not say anything about that!!" He frowns.

"Well... yeah...that also...' Baekhyun clears his throat.

Chanyeol smiles, satisfied with his answers.

Baekhyun looks at him, "Guess Inhee was right...Our dongsaeng is actually growing up..." He smiles happily," And its all because of Yerin, I need to talk to her about it..." 

 

Chanyeol is waiting for Yerin to come out of the bathroom. Tonight was fun. Yerin said it was the best birthday of her life. And it is all because of him. Chanyeol pulls his collar proudly at the thought.

Yerin comes out and lays beside him.

"Irin."

She looks at him with a smile.

"How you liked my card the best when you got so many expensive thing as gifts? Even Kyungsoo's diamond bracelet..."

"Coz you made it for me! Anything from you will always be the most special...also no one knows my choice better than you..." She runs her finger in his hair.

Yes he knows what she likes. Because their likings match so much...

"So you are sure?"

"Yes. Now Good night."

"Really?"

"Oh! Yes! 100 %!! You've asked me this question so many times the whole day!! Sleep now. It's getting late!!"

Chanyeol pouts and sulks. He turns to his side.

Yerin bites her lip to stp her laughter. She had heard Chanyeol talking with Inhee, 

"Noona. Do you...do you think Irin will...umm..she will do it again today? As she is very happy...she is very happy today..."

Inhee cough to hide her laughter," I think so... you should try..."

"Chanyeol. Yeol. are you sleeping?" She asks after some time.

"Yes I am sleeping." A grumpy answer.

"Oh I wanted to give you something...before my birthday is over... But I guess you don't want it..." She feigns.

He turns to her," What is it?" He is still pouty and sulky.

Yerin rises her head and plants a kiss on his lip, freezing him.

His eyes are wide open and this kiss was as chaste as the previous one but longer.

She move back and smiles," There you go...thank you for everthing..." She says softly.

Chanyeol comes back to reality with a squeal, "OH MY!!" and hidees under the blanket, making Yerin laugh and hug him for his antics...

 

 

 

 

 

 

***Please excuse the fluff if you don't like it. Blame my possible pms situations and hopefully it is not cheesy much***