Peril and Panic

THE CURSED BRIDE

A whole year. 12 months. 365 days. 

The best time of her life...the best decision of her life. 

She turns her head towards the sleeping figure beside her...

"Happy anniversary...hu-hubby...I-I love...love you..." There.  She confesses to him finally. It does not matter even if he may not understand their relationship properly...It does not matter if he does not reciprocate her feelings...It does not matter if they have to live like this forever...It...

"Irin..." Chanyeol sighs peacefully in his sleep, smiles to his dreams.

Yerin sits up in a jiffy and her eyes rounds. He must be dreaming about her. She begins to blush and there is a silent knock on the door, indicating Mando's arrival.

"Good Morning Lady. Happy Anniversary.."

"Thank you..." They hug.

"Here is your tea and shall I get your breakfast?"

"Uhh...no. Let Chanyeol wake up and we'll have it together."

"Owww... Oookkayy." Mando winks.

"Mando! You have become very notorious these days... Why are you saying that?" Yerin retorts back with  pink cheeks.

"Who...? Me? What? Love is in the air for my lady and young master... " She sings.

"Mando! You..." Her eyes fall on the waking figure of Chanyeol. 

He is still half  asleep when he gets up from the bed to the washroom. He stops abruptly and hugs Yerin from the back, wishes her on their anniversary along with a kiss on her temple and then walks away.

The two girls are quiet. Mando breaks the silence," Wow. Young master was like a master..."

Yerin touches her temple slowly.

Chanyeol has never kissed her before. She has, yes. Multiple times and he absolutely loves that. But he has never initiated it...So should she...should she begin to hope...hope for a different future... 

He walks out and yells cheerfully," I am hungry!! Breakfast please!!!"

Mando bows annd runs out, not before blinking flirtily once at Yerin and getting an eye role from her Lady.

She looks at her husband. Chanyeol is now beaming at her and rushes to hug her again.

"Irin!! It is one year to our marriage today right?!"

She hugs him back tightly. "Yes! You remembered?"

He looks at her." Of Course!! I got you that day!!"

Yerin feels like her heart will burst. Due to love. Does he still has no idea how he creates such effects with his words and gestures? Can a person be so oblivious?

She wipes the corner of her eyes and smiles," Yes. And that is exactly the reason why I'll always remember the date as well..."

Chanyeol looks very pleased at the answer and pouts to her, pointing at it with his eyes.

Yerin, for few seconds, gets confused and then fights back the urge to laugh. 

She kisses him and this time he closes his eyes. and exerts some pressure back.  Their bliss is short lived as they separate hearing a gasp.

They find Miko to be standing there with Mando, who has a tray full of food. There is a mischievious glint on the younger girl's face and the head maid looks pale with shock.

But that is just the beginning. The actual shock comes with...

"What is this Miko?! Don't you know you've to knock before you enter someone's bedroom?!"  Chanyeol snaps. He is frowning and his tone expresses his irritation.

The women are dumdfounded. Yerin is the first to regain normalcy.

"Chanyeol. It's okay..." She tries to cool him down.

"It is not." Chanyeol's impassive reply.

"I-I am very sor-sorry Master and Lady... I do-don't know why today I forgot. I'-I'll be careful from next time. Happy anniversary to you both. My best wishes...Please ex-excuse me..." She quickly escapes.

Mando breathes out finally," This day is getting very unsual..."

To which Yerin shakes her head.

The breakfast is served. They are eating silently and Mando has been asked to join them. She just cannot forget the shock and flight of Miko. Maybe never will...

"Chanyeol...why did you do that? That was not very nice..." Yerin voices her thoughts after Mando has left with the utensils.

"I don't like this..." Chanyeol is frowning.

"This? This...what?" Yerin is confused.

"This...I don't know but I got angry when she came in and you stopped 'kissing' me..." His cheeks are red.

She ruffles his hair. She cannot stop but blush as well. A very pleasant anniversary... She has never imagine something like this....

But like always she should have known problems never leave her...

A call disturbs her thoughts. She checks the phone and smiles at the caller's name. Inhee unnie must have called her to wish them. She quickly receives it only to find a different voice...

"ummm...Hello? Hello? Is this Mrs. Yerin speaking?" The lady urges.

Yerin's smile turns into a frown."Uhhh...Yes. I am. Who is this?" All the glorious feelings embarked in her heart are slowly vapourizing.

"This is Mother Nelly. I am from Inhee's childhood orphanage. I am so sorry to disturb you so early in the morning but Can you please visit her? She is in labour..."

Yerin's heart begins to drum. It is finally the time...

"Yes Of course!! I am coming... But I thought her due date is not yet crossed...I mean there is still a week. Nevermind I'll be there!!!" Before the lady can reply Yerin has disconnected the call and asks the driver to prepare the car.

She tells Chanyeol what has happened and reach the hospital within a very short time.

She runs from the reception and meets a middle-age lady in a nun's clothes praying outside the OT.

"Hello Miss Nelly? I am Yerin....how's unnie now?" She looks at the white closed doors, worried and afraid.

"Hello dear. The doctors are taking care of her...It's not her due time yet...but she was stressed and all..."

"Stress?! What stress?!" She is having a very bad feeling about this...

"Well you know that Baekhyun...God bless that child...has gone to a business trip?"

To which Yerin nods.

But isn't he suppose to be back yesterday? Which reminds her, Where is he now ?

 "This time He had dropped her in our care as she would be alone in her third trimister. He was supposed to be back yesterday. They even talked. But then he didn't. Inhee has been calling him for so many times now but he's unreachable. The office even said he left for home... He has never done that before. Always calling almost every few hours to check on Inhee and the baby...At first She thought of him being busy but then gradually when 24 hours passed she began to panic and then went to labour... She did not call you as she mentioned that you would be busy with your husband's checkup last night and... "

 Mother Nelly's words are long lost to her ears. Yerin cannot hear, see, feel anything other than a cold, deadly fear. She has to sit down now...

"What is this happening? Where are you Oppa?..."