Some More New Family

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin is looking at the door now. They can hear them as it is still open.

Miko glares at Mandu who begins to fidget in fear. She closes the door quickly and regains her stony stature. Yerin thinks it will be better not to ask anything at the moment.

"Lady. Please proceed."

Yerin comes out on a pink bathrobe. Mandu lets her to the closet and she chooses to wear a simple red long dress.

"Lady! You look so beautiful! I've never seen anyone so pretty after only a shower!" Mandu is amazed.

Yerin smiles slightly. She looks at the cosmetics and toiletries which confuse her. She has seen her cousin and classmates use some of them. There are some things here she has never seen in her life. They boasted around her but she never envied them. Because she was never interested.

But all these they look so expensive and brand new!

I will give them away to the maids. But after 2-3 days, It won't look good if I do it now.

She gets into her red pumps and exits the closets to find Chanyeol awake, rubbing his eyes cutely.

"Wow Irin! So pretty!" He squeals, making her and Mandu laugh.

Miko frowns, "Young master! Behave yourself!!"

Chanyeol withers at her scolding which vexes Yerin. She does not feel sorry or sad for her husband. Just very angry at Miko. She can see Mandu is scared. 

Hmmm...so everyone here is scared of Butler Min and Mrs. Miko.

They go to the studyroom for tea. Chanyeol begins to run when he heard his Baek hyung and noona's voices.

"So what if he married? He is a grown-up but needs someone to take care of him! Also the girl has no issue so why are you..."

"Uncle Kim! As if I don't know why you did that?! His mental age is of 6 years old! How could you two?!"

"Hyung! Noona!" Chanyeol jumps to hug Baekhyun and then towards a young woman who is standing near him.

 "Hi! How are you?" The harshness in Baekhyun's voice is gone.

"I am fine. You two?" Chanyeol looks to and fro between them.

The woman smiles,"We are fine too dear. We missed you."

"I missed you too! Inhee noona you know I 've a bride now!" He turns around and they spot her at the door," There she is! Irin! Come here!"

Yerin greets them courteously, "Hello. I am Ka- I am Park Kang Yerin." 

"Hello. My name is Byun Inhee and this is my husband Byun Baekhyun. Uh...Congratulations." She bows and nudges Baekhyun slightly.

Baekhyun looks a little annoyed and sighs, "Hello, Lady Park. Welcome to the mansion. I am Byun Baekhyun, your husband's childhood friend and the general manager of The Parks and Co." He bows respectfully.

"I think we shall have our tea now." Uncle Kim states.

 

 

 

Yerin is watching Inhee play with Chanyeol in their bedroom. She must be really good with children. So is Baekhyun. The two men share a strong bond. They look like a small family of three.

Inhee notices Yerin watching them closely. She excuses herself and joins her.

"Are you alright? You seem a little lost."

Yerin shakes her head, "No. I am too alert. Sometimes, I wish I can get lost in my mind." She smiles slightly at her half attempted joke.

Inhee tilts her head towards her and begins to think.

"If you want to ask me something, please go for it." Yerin politely says.

Inhee relaxes a little,"I am sorry if you've heard Baek shout so loudly. Actually, he is very worried for Yeol and so am I. We were out of town for a month and returned today to find out that he got MARRIED yesterday. We were shocked, bewildered and angry. We still are, to be honest."

Yerin nods,"It is a very natural to be protective of someone you love and care. I completely understand." She says truthfully.

Inhee looks at her and sighs,"We-we got so worried that before coming here we tried to find out about the girl who is his wife now. So, we found out about you and..." She avoids her gaze,"your past life. And that your uncle..."

"Literally sold me off." Yerin finishes.

The couple look at her. This girl does not seem to care at all.

"They are leaving the village forever. Did you know about Chanyeol's...situation before your wedding?" Baekhyun hesitates.

"No. I found out after I was brought to his room. Today."

 "What?! You did not meet him before or at the ceremony?!" Baekhyun looks at her incredulously. 

"No. I signed the marriage cerificate yesterday, or else they had to wait till Monday. I was given a dress though."

"Yes, the rest we know. We thought you'd a small ceremony today."

"I guess no one could know about the paperwork being done yesterday."

They were silent for sometimes now. Inhee and Baekhyun are lost in thought and Yerin is watching Chanyeol play. She can understand they are thinking about their dongsaeng's future with her or even her future with him. They can think about and for her.

"May I ask you a question Mr. and Mrs. Byun?"

They look at her once again and nods.

"Are you also Chanyeol's foster brother, if I am not wrong?" She asks.

They get a little confused at her question and Baekhyun says, "Yes. I am."

"Then can I call you oppa and unnie? Will you like it?"

Baekhyun is quite taken aback by her. "Yes."

Inhee smiles broadly, "We will love that."

Yerin responds amicably, "So will I."

 

 

 It is time to say good bye.

"Just be there with him. He is very alone here." Inhee tone is worrying and scared.

Yerin frowns a little then states, "I promise I am here for him."