Reunion

THE CURSED BRIDE

*Lengthiest chapter of the story till now...*

 

Yerin steps into the Kitchen to help Mandu with the chores.

"Why did the kichen staff all took holiday during the same time?! It's so hard on Mandu and you now..." She feigns ignorance.

"Oh no! Lady Park! It's okay...they are actually neighbours in their native home so they thought they would go together..." Miko answers.

Yerin nods.

As if she does not know the real reason...

She notices the head maid. She seems distracted. Checking the clock...

Butler Min takes the vegetables of the table and the couple has an eye contact when the woman rises her eyebrows questioningly and the man slightly shakes his head in negative. The woman gets confused and frowns... 

The dinner is taken to their room when Butler Min informs that Kyungsoo will have his dinner in his room....late. Yerin has been noticing their gestures...

After the meal, they all settle down in their respective room and Yerin calls Inhee to apologize for not visiting that day. Inhee dismisses it with no explanation at all. She knows how much this girl cares for them.

Chanyeol falls asleep and she is reading a book when she hears Kyungsoo's car arrive.

She switches off the lights and, after some 1/2 hour, goes out. All the lights of the hall are switched off indicating the lack of  people.

She hides in the staircase where she can see Miko and Butler Min taking the dinner to Kyungsoo's room.

They will talk and close the door. How will she hear anything? There is not such window from which she can hear, staying outside...She wished the door was open like it had in the day...

She still stands infront of the closed door and waited. Suddenly she sees the room next to his is open. She enters it and can see it is like a store room. It seems to have Kyungsoo's old things. Nevertheless, she notices a very small window at the top of the wall which the both rooms share. She climbs on a stool and peeps in.

Fortunately the glass was broken and it was dark so they do not notice her...

"I am worried now...Sir Kim was supposed to call after he has done the work! Why he did not call?" Miko looks at her phone.

"Neither of us got any call or text!! He never does that?! If he does not confirm it then how will we go forward with the plan for the Parks?" Her husband rubs his hands.

"May be... may be he is busy with other business work. He has not gone to do only that!! That is why he'll be out for 10 days..." Kyungsoo reasons.

"Yes. But master Kyungsoo...You know your uncle...he does not keep things pending... If he had not been successful into killing Byun Baekhyun then he would have called and tell us about it..."

"He asked me not to call him...now what?" Kyungsoo is annoyed.

"Now we can only wait and if he doesn't call tomorrow then we'll contact him..." Min suggests.

They seem to agree to it and gets back to their own.

Yerin climbs down and slowly goes back to their room. She lies down and sighs.

So Uncle Kim had not call all day to inform about what happened to oppa...does this mean....?

 

Her question and their wait are answered with a door-bell at 3 a.m. in the morning.They all get up to see a police van infront and the cell phone of Kyungsoo ringing.

 

Yerin and Chanyeol run in the corrider of the hospital to stop in front of the room. They burge into it to find an injured Baekhyun lying on the bed, smiling at them with difficulty.

Chanyeol jumps to hug him, "Hyung!!"

Baekhyun hugs him as much as he can," Ooff!! Easy boy!! Hyung's not doing well..."

The younger man quickly lets go and pats his hand, 'Sorry..."

Yerin takes a deep breathe and lets it out with force.

Her oppa is fine!! Their elder brother, best friend is fine!! Now Inhee unnie and BaekHee will not have to go through what she and her mother had to indure!! Their family is complete now!!

"Yerin...sweety...come here..." He calls her out.

She slowly walks at his side and kisses his cheek. "Oppa, what happened? How are you feeling now?"

"I am fine now...Just weakness and these injuries..." He points at them.

They look around sensing a presence at the door. They turn to see a weak Inhee standing there with the support of the frame and Mother Nelly, who is holding BaekHee in another hand...

Inhee's frail body is shaking with sobs and Baekhyun eyes are welled up. Yerin, grinning with tears, helps her to get to the bed. Yerin and Chanyeol move back from them.

They are holding hands and Inhee rises her hand to touch his scars. He takes her hand off his face and kisses it intently. She breaks into tears and the couple hug each other as if their lives depend on it. They left them for privacy...

Nelly and Yerin wipe their eyes and smile. Chanyeol is busy with his niece.

"All will be fine now...Thank You Lord!!" The older lady prays.

"Yes. Thank You Lord for showing a way at the right time...no matter how it was..."

"Excuse me...we are here to interrogate Mr. Byun about what had happened..." 2 officers with the doctor appears.

They knock and enter to find the Byuns in a better mood.

"Mr. Byun. We're sorry to disturb you in such condition but some formalities are to be done... we need to interrogate about the incident..."

Baekhyun nods.

"I left for the factory supervision and this time I was in hurry to be back as my wife was near her due date...after completing my work I was supposed to drive back. When I was about to enter the car, someone hit me from the back...It was so dark I could not see anything... Then when I got back my senses I was tied to a chair and mouth gauged. I could not see anything due to blindfold... They left me like this for about...about..." He looks at Inhee.

"10 days..." She whispers.

"Te-ten Days...?! For so long?! I could not guess the time..." He shudders.

"...They came sometimes with food and just left me there... I tried...I tried my best to get out but couldn't...it felt like someone was trying to make me suffer emotionally, away from my family... But yesterday, they got me out of the place into somewhere new... It was some terrace of a construction...I was hit so much that I fainted. I woke up...I don't know when then I saw Mr...Mr. Kim infront of me..." His voice is frightened.

"Uncle Kim...?!" Chanyeol gasps and Yerin gestures him to not talk.

"He was laughing at me and my pitiful state. And said that it was giving him immense pleasure seeing me like this...He then said that it was also a huge satisfaction for him that I had to stay away from my loved ones and miss my-my baby's bir-birth..." He begins to cry.

Inhee sniffs and covers with a hand and Nelly wipes her eyes again.

"Will you like to stop?" The officer asks.

"No...it's okay...Then he proceeds to hit me again...."

"Mr. Byun, it sounds like Mr. Kim has a horrible enmity with you, from what you 've described...?"

"He must have been still vexed about the fact that I chose to marry Baek instead of him..." Inhee answers.

"Oh?! Then...?"

"Then he said that I don't deserve Inhee and she belonged to him...and I deserved to die..." He sighs.

The room is still silence except the soft crying sound from Inhee. Yerin gets her a glass of water.

"I was so hurt and spent that I could not fight back when he dragged me to the edge...there was no one except I remember a car on the ground...his car...or not...My hands and mouth were tied and I almost accepted death..." He sighs and coughs.

He drinks some water,"He almost pushed me when his foot must have slipped on some gravel and the next second before I can understand anything he fell from unbalance and I could not do anything as my hands were tied. It was horrifying..." He rubs his face.

"His body was left like that for many hours and I was stuck on terrace all tied up...then I woke up here... I don't know anymore..." He shakes his head.

"Well... some people saw his body on the ground and called the police. We searched and found you just the way you described at a dangerous angle to the edge... there were no boundary..."

"The time recorded of Mr. Kim's death is around 5 p.m. yesterday..."

Yerin is listening quietly with a heart that may jump out of her chest...

Uncle Kim is dead...It was around 5p.m. He fell from height...I killed him...

"Mr and Mrs. Park I believe Mr. Kim was related to you...can we please go outside and talk..."

Yerin nods quickly and takes Chanyeol out.

"Sir. Please excuse my husband from this...He does not have any idea about this..." she requests.

The officer nods knowingly. Yerin asks Chanyeol to go inside.

"Sorry sir...Actually he may get very scared if you ask him regarding the death..."

'Okay Mrs. Park any signs of weird activity from Mr. Kim?"

Yerin wants so hard to reveal everything those five planned but then a voice interrupts...

"Officer! Can you please not involve the other family members who have nothing to do with the incident?!" Kyungsoo's acidic voice floats.

Yerin sighs hopelessly. There goes her one chance to save themselves...

"Oh hello! Mr. Do! I have to do that...it's rule..."

"Really?! How can you harass them?! Let me tell you...They were at home when Baekhyun hyung got kidnapped and Uncle...uncle Kim died!! They have only been outside to visit Mrs. Byun and her child!! Is that it?! Do you need to know more?!" He snaps.

The police withers a bit, "Well...it would have been better if  Mrs. Park has some statement..."

Kyungsoo looks at her with agitation. It seems He had the most awful day of his life...

Well he deserves it...

"Yes sir Mr. Do is right... we don't get to see Uncle much and he is always working or going on trips...so we thought this time he was also...and about what he said about our activities, he is right...we were at home when he died..." She has to be cautious around him. She knows that he'll not cease his plotting just because his uncle is dead.

"Alright then... you'll get the body after 24 hours... please come and do the formalities..." 

3 men walk away leaving Yerin alone then come back after the paper work.

"...All we know for now that he has several fractures in his body...It was a very bad fall that has internally broken his bones into pieces..." she hears the doctor say.

So was the doll...it was into pieces as well...

They see her there.

"Can we go home? It is a very eventful and unusual day for all of us..." Yerin asks.

The police agrees and talks to Kyungsoo about the details. Yerin thinks of what and how much he can lie about...

She knocks and enters to see them.

Baekhyun is holding their daughter and crying, kissing her allover her face and Inhee is hugging them. Nelly and Chanyeol are standing there watching the Byuns together...

Her husband looks at her and smiles happily. They do not want to disturb them anymore and say their goodbyes...

Before leaving Yerin peaks in one last time. Baekhyun, holding their daughter, kisses Inhee on her forhead.

She sighs contently.

I am not sorry...I don't regret anything...