Helplessness

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin had vomited then fainted in the bathroom. The doctor rules it as too much stress and fatigue from over-thinking. She had a nervous breakdown. She is being asked to take complete rest...

Yerin was standing near their bed, looking at Chanyeol. She was scared, shocked, angry and disgusted by those 5 people.

Just for money...

Everything she learned that night buzzed in her mind. She could not take it anymore. She rushed to the bathroom and threw up. She felt light-headed and fainted. Only she knew how she had controlled herself  under the bush...

She is sitting on the bed and Chanyeol is playing on the floor with his wax dolls. Poor guy!!At first Baekhyun's missing, then Inhee and their child and then Yerin's sudden illness...all works him up. He tended to her the whole day and now after making sure she is doing well, he starts to play...

Yerin wipes a stray tear. 

No. She has to save herself and her husband. She has to do something. She needs help...She will go to the police...But proof?! She could not even record their conversation. She will tell Inhee!! They need to find Baekhyun as well which from last night, is confirmed to be held hostage by Uncle Kim... And from his statement it seems he is fine...still.

She looks for her phone but it is missing. She looks for it everywhere but could not find it. Mando joins her but no result... When they were looking for it in the hall, Butler Min comes.

"Lady Park. Are you looking for something?"

Yerin looks at him with hatred. But she cannot make them suspicious. 

"My phone."

"Oh. I am extremely sorry I totally forgot to mention. You see when you got ill we got very busy with you that accidentally Miko broke it. It is sent to be repaired.

Yerin feels like thrashing this man. She turns on her heels to find Miko there.

"Yes Lady. Please accept my apology. When Master called us out loud we rushed to your room and your phone was near the water jug. My hand hit it and the water fell on the phone. It will be repaired in 3-4 days and by that time you can use the telephone..."

3-4 days?! I don't have that much time!! Baek oppa...

She nods slowly and goes back. She sits in the balcony and sighs.

Their plan to get rid of them must have begun. Or else why today her phone will get broke? Just the other day Chanyeols tab?! She cannot even use the telephone stealthily!! The Mins are always moving around them!! She needs to go out!! Yes!! She would do that!!   

She climbs down the stairs quickly but is stopped by another conversation between Kyungsoo and The Mins.

"Did you get their devices?"

"Yes. Now Yerin has to use the telephone to call...it is already bugged."

"Wish we had tapped her phone before! Then the secret of the meds would never have surfaced..." Miko complains.

"Well who had thought That such a humble country bumpkin will be so smart..."

"Yes. She all the time sticks with him!! I did not even get a chance to slip him the meds anymore... And did you notice how quick his improvement has been?!"

"Yes. If this goes on we might need to kill them together..."Butler Min shrugs.

"Yeah We need to do something fast...its been 1 year now..." Miko nods.

"Well we'll plan it all after Uncle is back... he will take some time taking care of Baekhyun and then some other company stuff..." Kyungsoo replies.

Yerin chokes. How can people even think like this, let alone do them...?!

"Okay. Oh I've instructed some people to follow her whenever she goes out...Oooff... If we had done it during that med time as well then Chanyeol would have never improved...my 14 years of work...!!" Miko huffs.

"Yep. That is one smart thing you did! Though all these days she only went to meet Inhee and her kid, you never know what she is planning..." Kyungsoo agrees.

"By the time Mr. Kim arrives, he has told to gradually make the servants leave the house due to different reasons, holidays and all...even fire them!" Butler Min says.

"Well yes...no matter how old they get they are loyal to Parks and will help...."

"But what if they get suspicious?" Miko worries.

"Then a loyal servant shall accompany their master to heaven or hell..." They share a knowing smile.

Yerin runs back to her room and begins to hyperventilate. She does not know if she was lucky to know their plotting or the most unfortunate that she cannot do anything about it...

Nothing! Nothing she can do now! She cannot leave the house without being noticed! Cannot call without being tapped!! Cannot even ask for help from the servants without getting them killed!! Also the cook and the kitchen assistants are on holiday...now she knows why...

And even if she leaves the house someway, they may harm Chanyeol getting him alone!! They were even complaining about it!! Not to forget the most important fact...proofs. She has no proof to claim her accusations... 

She is lost...

Chanyeol walks towards her and places his hand on her shoulder. She jumps at it.

"Irin! Are you okay? Should I call the doctor?!" He is full of worry...

She slowly shakes her head and smiles sadly.

He helps her to his toys.

"Let us play. You'll feel better..."He grins.

He begins to assemble them and Yerin watches reluctantly.

He takes the wax doll of Miko and put it near the candle stand. 

"Oh no!! Miko's hand melted a little!! No!!" He whines at the slight melt.

"Let...me see..."

Suddenly they hear a loud scream and Mando runs upstair in fright.

"Lady please help me!! I had done an accident!!!" She begins to cry.

"Wh-what...?! what happened?!" Yerin and Yeol follow the girl down.

They get to the kitchen to find Butler Min holding onto Miko's right hand and she has suffered from a very bad burn. It seems the skin of her hand has been melted away...

The doctor arrives and Yerin saves Mando from the couples' wrath for the time-being. The maid informs that she was asked to boil some potatoes as the kitchen staffs are absent. She did as ordered and Miko was very near, looking at her work. The pot was heavy and it slipped from her hand while she was draining it. The boiled water poured on Miko's hand and...

Yerin asks Mando to stay at her room for now...

Mando and Chanyeol are playing  and Yerin is lying down on the bed.

"Master I think if you put some melted wax on the hand then it will be repaired." Mando suggests.

Chanyeol claps,"That is a good idea!!"

 He  takes the doll to his playroom.

"Master is an artist!! He can fix the doll's right hand in no time..." Miko muses.

Yerin opens her eyes.

Hasn't Miko's right hand got burnt in the kitchen as well??