Missing...

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin enters the mansion to find Miko instructing the cleaners. They notice her and bow which makes the head maid aware of Lady Park's presence. 

She copies their gesture stiffly," Good afternoon, Lady. I hope your rides were comfortable..."

"Yes. Thank you..." She nods to them and walks back to her room where she finds Kyungsoo fidgeting worriedly in the corridor. 

He sees her coming and quickly out of nowhere hugs her tightly. Yerin is so shocked that shee freezes for sometimes before she can react.

"Thank God You are fine!! I was so worried! Miko told me you went to your village and I got worried if you are safe...also you were late..." He is breathing irregularly.

"Kyungsoo I'm fine. And will you please let go of me..." She tries hard to get out of his tight hold.

"Oh? I'm sorry." He immediately moves back and scratches his head, embarassed with his behavior." Actually I was having bad feeling as I remembered that the people...they don't...You may get into any trouble..." He does not need to finish his words. She understands what he is implying.

"Yes.  But it is no longer a problem...I don't belong there anymore. Honestly never did..."

"Oh...So what about now? Do...you belong to someone now? To us?" He asks amorously.

That does not escape her attention. She looks at him and with her usual cold voice says, "To Chanyeol... Now if you'll excuse me I need to go...my husband's waiting for me. And I genuinely thank you for your concern. I mean it..." 

She enters their room, leaving a dishearted Kyungsoo behind.

She finds Chanyeol in his playroom and approaches him after changing into her cotton homewears.

"Good evening Chanyeol. Oh I am so tired!! The roads were clear so reached within 3 hours then same time to come back! Like 6 hours on road!  So tired! But... I feel good. After so long I met them... I gave your buquets to them and it was..." She stops talking when she notices Chanyeol sitting with a pillow clutched closely to him and...a bit upset.

"Hey...Yeol. You okay?" She asks softly." Did someone scolded you...? Miko said something...?"

He slowly shakes his head."No. Nothing happened... I ate my lunch on time, napped and checked some files as well...Oh I forgot! I drew a new picture of a rose! Lemme show you..." He clearly tries to change the topic.

Whenn He is about to get up Yerin catches his wrist. "Channy...what happened?"

He sits back annd sighs,"I was drawing when I heard Kyungsoo in the corridor talking to Miko. He was asking where you went. She told him and he got very worried...then after sometime you came back and... he hugged you...then I heard what you two were saying...I'm sorry I did not mean to listen..."

Yerin looks at him closely, "Okay...so why are you sad?"

"Well I don't know...I just found the way he hugged you was wrong...I mean I saw you hugging Baekhyun hyung so many times...but when Soo did that you looked...you looked umm...not happy? and You tried to push him away...So your face was completely different...why? And I did not like seeing you bothered...at all!!...Am I wrong?"

She cannot help but smile."No you aree not...I-I am not very comfortable with Kyungsoo yet...also Oppa is like my elder brother. Like will you be okay to be close to someone who you just talk for sometimes everyday...?"

He thinks deeply and shakes his head.

"Right! Now let us have dinner! I am starving!..."

They get up to their sleeping area where he stops her from leaving to get their food.

"Irin...if you are not comfortable with someone you don't know much then how did you hug me after only few days you came here?" He tilts his head.

"There is no comparison between you and any other person, Chanyeol." Sincerity reflects from her words that even makes him blush.

He slowly lets go her hand and suddenly finds his slippers very interesting.

Yerin moves to the kitchen and informs the cook. She is quite taken aback by his reaction. Actually past few months he has been behaving like that. As in making serious comments, observing things, thinking from different point of views and most importantly, getting affected by her presence in a certain way...as if a early teenage boy who has a crush on a young noona...

Is he improving?

She shakes her head and and gets back to their bedroom with a servant following her with their food.

 

It has been two days and today she may get the results of the tests. She is pretty anxious about it. She does not want to jump into conclusions but the same gut feeling has returned.

Her phone rings and she picks it up quickly, only to be disappointed. Then the message tone gets her attention. It is from Baekhyun inform her that he was back and he was coming with Inhee.

She replies and in  half an hour they are there. Chanyeol is elated to see his hyung-noona along with his niece and he gets busy playing with Inhee and her big bump.

Baekhyun and Yerin quietly moves to the balcony.

"So...the results?" She cannot hide her tension.

"Yes. See these supplements are the same as they were few years back when I first tested them..." She sighs with a mixed feeling of relief and disappointment...

"But..."

She snaps her head  back at him.

"There is something...these meds are fine for nightmares and anxiety if taken in a low power. Considering Yeol, he began taking them in 50 mg each which was okay at that time. 14 years ago. But gradually this dosage should have been decreased to 5-10 mg but it didn't...So the meds are fine but nt the measurement..."

"Does that...does that mean they are..." Yerin rubs her face.

"No...may be...may be not. I mean the psychiatrist I talked to both times said that it could be his doctor's way of prescribing...as in he may have thought this measurement could be suitable for him... This mental conditions are very subtle and intricate to be honest. So the treatment is not suitable for him and Mr. Kim could not understand it..."

"You mean it may be a case of wrong medical therapy, not delibate ministration...?"She is deep in thoughts.

"Let's hope so..." He is also thinking hard.

"Well then we cannot just accuse or doubt anyone but we HAVE to talk about it with Uncle Kim... and get his doctor changed or something..." Yerin decides.

"Yes...Let's go..."

They get up and move towards Uncle Kim's study...