3 to Go...

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin fidgets under Inhee's stare. It was so embarrassing but has to be told to note Chanyeol's improvement. So she first thought of telling her unnie  but now she is thinking how she would tell Dr. Lee if she is having such hard time with Inhee...

"...That is not a kiss..." Inhee narrows her eyes. "You two made out..." 

"Yes...yes...now tell me how I will tell it to Dr. Lee?! It is a matter of the positive effects of his treatments and I..." She says impatiently.

"Well you're to state the facts since you've to...and it happened twice, right?" Inhee asks awkwardly.

"Ummm...yes..." Yerin blushes.

"He snapped at Kyungsoo and Miko before...right? Then he pushed him away when he held your hand without permission... He is quite...possessive...?" Inhee smiles. "My baby brother grew up so fast...well technically he is a 24 years old man so..."

"Yeah... even Dr. Lee had said that..." Yerin moves her hair behind her ear avoiding eye contact.

"Yerin...you are so lucky for him...it is destiny that you came to his life even though due to that Kim. But you are the best thing ever happen to him..." She hugs her.

"Thank you unnie...you know everyone says that...but it is actually him who made me lucky...And I am not letting this go away from me so easily..." 

There is a chill in Yerin's voice and determination on her face that startle Inhee...

She must love Chanyeol so much...

"You really love him very much, no?" Inhee voices out her thought.

"Unnie...all I can say is that what I feel for him cannot be explained with a measly four letter word 'love'... it has gone way beyond that..." She gazes at her husband who is busy playing with his niece...

Oh unnie!! I wish I could tell you to what extent I've gone for him and still ready to go more...

Inhee kisses her temple," I am so happy for both of you...I am sure he loves you very much as well..."

"Do you think he loves me... ? I mean I know he cares so much about me but..."

"Of course!! Are you stupid?! Have you seen how he looks at you?! Well he even respects you...though he does not know how to show properly..."

Yes. Yerin does know he respects her. In his own way. But...

"You are sure...?" She sounds unsure.

"Oh silly girl!! Of course!!" Inhee laughs and pats her head lovingly.

"IRIN!! SHE IS SMILING AT ME!!" Chanyeol squeals.

"Is she?! Oh!! Baekhee has started to recognize people now...!!" Inhee grins proudly.

 

 

Butler Min has been behaving really weird. Well his wife died some months ago; his boss is no more...So his dejected mood is understandable to Yerin. But it seems he has become quite wary...around her. It's like he is avoiding her yet trying to keep an eye on her secretly. Sometimes she would catch him looking at her with anger and hatred. 

His "dislike" for her is no secret but now his expressions give it all away.

Yerin frowns worriedly. Has he got something on her? Is he suspicious somehow...? But how...?

She decides to spy again on these two men as it has been quite some time now and they have not been able to utilize any of their previous plan. So they must be plotting some new ones...

 

Yerin is watering the plants in the garden and thinking about what can be their next move when she notices Min slipping into the studyroom which was already occupied by Kyungsoo. Due to the bushes they cannot see her watching them from the window. She thinks herself lucky...

She stealthily nears towards the window and hides in the shadows. She prays not to get caught as it was daytime.

"Min!! I will not tolerate your nonsense anymore!!! You are on it for months now!!" Kyungsoo rubs his forehead.

"But sir!! Believe me!! Yerin is not as innocent as she seems!!" Min says impatiently. 

Yerin stops breathing and gulps dryly.

Dear God!!!

"Min. At first I thought uncle and Miko's deaths were too much for you to handle. So was for me!! But this is totally absurd and stupid!! Are you even listening to yourself?!" Kyungsoo shakes his head.

"I don't care what you think, Sir!!  Sorry to say. But I'm telling you something is up with her!!" He insists.

"Really?! How?! She did not leave the mansion unless for Chanyeol's checkup or visiting the Byuns!! We have men follow her after the wrong medicine incident!! Their phone and tabs are taken and the landline is tapped!! So tell me your theory, Great Min!!" Kyungsoo's temper rises.

"But sir..."

"Listen Min!! When uncle died in a different city and  though Miko died in the mansion, she was nowhere near her...what?! Why the hell I need to explain...?!" He is very annoyed.

"But Sir...Okay. I know she was nowhere near them both times but...Okay..." He takes long breathes to calm himself. "Have you noticed her after these two incidents? Alright. She did not grieve for Sir Kim as she got to know what he had done to Byun Baekhyun...But when Miko died..."

"Just cuz she did not cry for Miko?! As if she was her favourite..." Kyungsoo pinches the bridge of his nose. The butler has totally lost it after losing his wife...

"No Sir, not that. They may not be fond of each other but she has no idea what exactly Miko has done till now...about our plotting of years... so she will at least show some respect. Respect to the dead. You know how kind she is to people... Ok, fine.  Forget about that. But that day when my Miko was lying lifeless on the stairs, she stood there in such a way as if she knew that would happen. There was no shock or fear on her face. Remember what happened to Mandu and Chanyeol?! They were sick for weeks and as far I remember they disliked her very much...

Not only that!! That her funeral I saw her smirking and not praying. Sir!! I think the people of her village are right!! She is actually a bad omen!! A witch!!"

"Okay! Stop there!! If you say one more word I swwear I am calling the mental asylum!! The project is successfully overr for months now and so I called you to make a new arrangement to get rid of Chanyeol but nevermind!! Cool yourself down and then come here!! It has to be a full proof plan!!" Kyungsoo moves to the door.

"Sir I was saying that why don't we make a plan to get rid of Yerin as well? The Parks together..." Min proposes meekly.

"DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKED TO!! DON'T BOTHER ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE NONE OF YOUR CONCERN!!" Kyungsoo growls and leaves with long strides.

Yerin quickly moves from the shades to the bench in the garden to cool down. She cannot lose her wit after all these. There is no turning back. From the conversation she understands that they will come up with something very effective and Chanyeol is in greater danger than before. Also Kyungsoo's intentions about her...She cringes in disgust.

She straightens up and wipes her face. Fine then...

She gets up and walks back to her room with determination.

"Chanyeol!"

He peeks his head out off his playroom and smiles.

She looks at him, "When was the last time you cleaned your toys?"...