The "Wedding Reception"

THE CURSED BRIDE

Yerin opens and closes it again. Is he?

She tries to get a grip on herself and says," Ummm...I am Kang Yerin. Are-are you Park Chanyeol?"

He widens his eyes, slaps his forhead and raises his forefinger, "Oh no! I forgot! In Hee noona told me to greet and introduce myself whenever I meet someone new." He stands straight and bows. He checks his watch,"Good afternoon, My name is Park Chanyeol." He grins at her. 

Yerin blinks," Hello. Can-can you please excuse me? I-I need to refreshen up for the brunch..."

Chanyeol nods quickly," Oh, yes! I've to get ready for it as well. Kyungsoo said today I get to eat with everyone. You know it's so lonely eating alone in the room."

Yerin just nods and goes into the bathroom. She can now figure out the reason behind this "marriage". What is confusing her is that she is not too shocked or saddened by the revelation. She is a bit wary but nothing more than that. Sometimes, it is good to be less emotional. She expertises in hiding her true feelings. But today, after seeing her husband for the first time, she felt no distress. It could be because she was expecting much worse or nothing.

She washes her face and gets her comb to re-do her bun. She had borrowed her cousin's kohl in the morning so she has to go without it now. She goes back in the room to find Chanyeol's head stuck in the shirt.

"Help Me! I'm stuck! I can't see!" He walks and bumps into the bed and shrieks in pain.

Yerin slowly shakes her head and walks towards him. She puts her hand on his shoulder, "Stop moving. Let me help." She unbottons the 2nd one and it loosens up to his neck.

He sighs in relief and smiles, "Thank you Irin! Uncle Kim and Kyungsoo are right! You're very nice!" He squeals.

Yerin smiles slightly to herself. She does not know if it is out of consolations.

For the next 1 hour she observes Chanyeol. It is like looking at an overgrown 4 years old toddling around. He is playing with a car and two dolls which he has brought from the room next to the washroom. His face bears the same innocence and excitement that a child has when they play with their favourite toys. He is even mumbling and talking like one.

"The car drove away with so speed..." He continues.

There is a knock on the door. Yerin opens it to find Miko standing there.

"Good evening my Lady. I hope you've rested well. It's time to lunch. Everyone is waiting for you.Young Master! Are you ready?"

Chanyeol jumps to his feet,"I am always ready!"

Miko hums," Good! Now, hold Lady Yerin's hand and follow me. Lady Yerin, please?"

He walks quickly to her side and offers his arm. She looks at him once and encircles her arm around his. They follow Miko through the corridors and stops in front of a huge dining table. Everyone stands up when they enter and she finds Kyungsoo sitting on the head chair. To his left-side there are her uncle, aunt and cousin sitting and to the right only Uncle Kim. 

Chanyeol thinks of something and pulls the chair for Yerin to sit. She thanks him which gets a smile on his face. The people around them observe their exchange.

Uncle Kim clears his throat to gain attention, "Let us begin."

The lunch is over and not a single word is exchanged among them. Except her aunt and cousin kept pointing at them, especially at Chanyeol. He is busy with his food and eats with the skill of a small child.

The only thing happened was that he spilled some juice on himself.

After they had dessert, Uncle Kim hands a small box to Yerin and asks her to open it in private.

She thanks him and by then, it is time for her family to leave.

"Goodbye Yerin. Take care of yourself and your husband." JiSu states.

Yerin nods. Her cousin smirks and comments,"All the best for your life. You'll need it."

Yerin ignores her like always and looks at her uncle. Eun Sook is quiet and avoiding her eyes.

It seems someone is a little guilty.

"Bye Uncle Sook. Thank you for everything."

He looks at her then. "Bye Yerin. Be happy and prosper. We...we don't know when we'll meet again. We are moving away from the village to stay close to Mina."

They get in the car. Yerin looks at the vehicle driving away and sighs. That's the farewell to her old life.

She gets inside to see Kyungsoo and Chanyeol laughing and talking about some game on a device. And Uncle Kim is checking something on another one.

A tab-tablet it is called? Yes. A tablet.

She saw one with her cousin-in-law when Mina had flaunted her husband and his money to everyone.

Kyungsoo notices her standing.

"Oh Yerin! Why are you standing there?! Come and sit with us." 

 She sits down beside Chanyeol who asks her if she knows how to use the tab. She says no. So, Chanyeol begins to show her the settings and applications and within some 20 minutes she learns perfectly how to use it.

"Wow. You are quite a quick learner," There is a slight awe in Kyungsoo's tone.

Considering she never had a cell phone, it must be a big achievement. She smiles slightly.

Chanyeol laughs and pinches her cheek slightly, "So cute!"

Kyungsoo laughs at this and shakes his head.

Yerin is a bit taken aback because no one has ever touched her affectionately, except her grandmother.

"Yerin." Uncle Kim calls her in a serious tone.

She turns to him.

"You must be having a lot of questions and dilemma regarding this marriage. I believe your uncle Kang Eun Sook was not of much help. Though you have agreed to it, you should know about some things. Let me disclose the matters to you."

 

​​​​

 

​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​