Washed away

THE CURSED BRIDE

"Yeol!! Why don't you listen?! You should clean your toys and I think it is also time to organise your playroom as well...It has been long...months..." Yerin shakes her head impatiently. 

"Eeeehhh...Irin!! I so don't wanna!!" He whines.

"Why?" She rises her eyebrow.

"Well...I...I just don't wanna..." He yawns.

"You've become so lazy!! All day playing or watching t.v.!!" She crosses her arms and frowns.

"Irin! Please don't be mad..." He tries to hold her hand but she moves away slightly.

"I am not talking to you...You don't listen to me..." She turns her face away dramatically.

"Owww!!! Irin won't talk to me?! Irin!! I am sorry!! I will do it now!!" He quickly brings a bucket of water and cloth.

Yerin smiles at him.

They begin to clean and keep the objects in place. Yerin keeps glancing at the  two wax dolls as she wipes the toys.

"Ummm...Yeol the wax dolls look so dusty and I think only wiping them won't be enough...Shall we soak them so that the water can clean the tiny nooks...like see here?" She shows and points at the doll to Chanyeol.

She is trying her best to appear normal and carefree.

He looks at it closely. "Yes. It is dirty. Let us dunk them all!" He one by one drops the dolls in the bucket.

When he finally takes the dolls of Min and Kyungsoo, Yerin closes her eyes. She breathes in and out deeply to calm her heart.

This is it....we'll be safe from now...

Chanyeol looks at the dolls closely and dips them in the water. Those seconds are like hours for her...

"Let all the dirts and malices wash away..." Yerin murmurs.

Chanyeol looks at her and shrugs.

Some times have passed.

Chanyeol says impatiently, " Irin!! These are the last ones!! I think they are clean now!!"

Yerin nods, "Yes. I think it is time..." 

He gets them out and wipes them dry.

"All clean!!" He cheers.

"Hmmm...All is clean..." She rubs her face.

 

 

 

"Ohhh...myyy....hehehheh..." Chanyeol giggles loudly.

The Parks are lying down on the mat on the floor. Yerin is tickling, and kissing him all over his face. She hugs him tightly, " I love you...."

He is breathing heavily from laughing due to all the kisses and tickles. He looks at her and blushes.

" Awww....my Yeol is blushing...." She pinches his cheek.

"Stowwwp..." He hides his face on her shoulder.

"Whyyyy??" She again kisses him on the cheek.

"Heheheh..." He laughs like a small child.

She moves a little and cups his face in her hands. "I love you...to infinity and beyond..."

Chanyeol is about to say something when a very hard knocking begins. He gets annoyed but Yerin has been waiting for it...

"What ha-" She does not even get the chance to say...

"LADY!! LADYYY!!! COME FAST....POOL!!! MIN BUTLER...!!!" The kitchen assistant cannot form the sentence due to panic and gapping but Yerin gets the hunch. She makes Chanyeol promise to stay up in the room, recalling Miko's time...

She follows him out to the pool to find the body of Min, in the pool. It has been hours since...Yerin looks at the scene and calculates.

"I-I'll call the po-police..." The cook sound frightened.

Yerin nods, "Inform Mr. Byun and...Mr. Do as well..." She tries to hide the sneer in her voice at the mention of Kyungsoo. She is waiting for the next news.

The mansion is filled with the police yet again. Yerin is thankful that Baekhyun is there to talk with them. She does not know what she would have done... Kyungsoo is still unreachable and this is creating a havoc in her heart...

Four people...She has killed four people...But she had no choice...No one could have helped her...the ones, who are her friends, have already faced so much trouble...No SHE has not done anything wrong...It is self defence and...revenge...

For millionth time she makes herself understand. The body has been taken for post-mortem and the officers are interrogating everyone. The answers to their questions are almost the same. No one has seen anything and everyone has a verified alibi.

Chanyeool has been called downstairs and he is shocked. But not as severe as last time.

"Rin...you did the right thing to not let him get down..." Baekhyun puts his arm around her.

Yerin sighs," I know...all these are too much for him...hell too much for me!! Then imagine his situation..." She looks at the direction where the police are asking Chanyeol questions.

Now some news about Kyungsoo...the last straw...

"What is going on?! Why are so many people...?!" A very well known voice roars.

  Or not....

Yerin shakes her head and sighs.  Guess it is not over yet...

Kyungsoo looks around bewildered and angry, "Will someone tell me what is going on?!"

 

 

 He and the officer are sitting in his studyroom. 

"Mr. Do. Today around 5 p.m. your butler Min was found dead in the pool...We are yet to discover the reason..." The police keeps on talking But Kyungsoo cannot hear anymore.

Min is dead?! But...

"But...he did not know how to swim...why will he...?!" Kyungsoo shakes his head. What the hell is happening?!

"So we have been told. There was no one present there when he fell or...jumped. But it is possible that he slipped and fell...there is muddy around the pool and smudged foot-prints as if someone stepped and skied..." He concludes.

Kyungsoo rubs his face in despair.

'We're sorry. Your family has been subjected to such horrible accidents 3 times in less than three months. Though it is too much for co-incidence, they cannot be proved as murders... Very logic states that these are the cases of sheer worst fate and happening to you..." The officer pats his shoulder in consolation.

Kyungsoo is standing silently.

"By the way, We've been calling you for hours now...Your phone was unreachable and you did not take your driver..." He enquires.

"I...well I went to a site where I met an accident...I tripped over a stone and fell in the nearby pond...The water was quite deep and I could not get out....I tried to stay afloat and after some time few men helped me out. My phone got water in it and I was faint...so..." Kyungsoo says still lost in thoughts...

"That's weird! Here the butler fell in water and there you...except he died but not you...you know how to swim?"

"Yeah..." He says cautiously.

"Okay. So don't worry Mr. Do. Like the last times, this news will also not spread out..." The police prepares to leave.

"Thank you officer...You'll get your 'Thank You' Gift by tomorrow..." Kyungsoo assures.

They leave, sealing the pool area.

Yerin has heard the conversation and it reminds her again why sh cannot ask for help...She walks back to the kitchen to talk with the others...

Kyungsoo watches her going away. He comes back to his study and slams his hand on the table.

"The officer is right...Too much of co-incidences are taking place...Then why not some more...?"