Bad Omen

THE CURSED BRIDE

Kyungsoo is looking at Yerin closely. Well he does that everytime but now it has a very different 'reason'. He is observing her behaviour since he has caught her eaves-dropping his and the officer's conversation.

Why was she there? Has she ever done that before?

He sees her humming at Butler Min's funeral. As if she is trying to look solemn but does not want to. Though she is talking and greeting everyone there. Everyone as in the servants, the Byuns and the priest. From this house the 3 of them. Min Chulsoo cannot be here at his brother's funeral, for obvious reasons. 

He follows her to the garden where she sits beside Chanyeol who is sitting alone. She bumps her shoulder to his, gaining his attention,

"What has made my Yeol so sad and serious?! Why so sulky??" she smiles mischievously and pokes his cheek.

"I am feeling...ummm...bad." Chanyeol says after thinking for sometime why he is sulking.

"Oh! Why?" She rests her face playfully on his shoulder.

Chanyeol cannot help but smile a little, "I am feeling bad for Butler Min...He was not so angry as Miko..."

Yerin cannot help but roll her eyes. 

I wish I could tell you how bad he was and how much he deserved it...But you are not in the condition to know...If it gets revealed what they have been doing then I will have to reveal that what I've done...You may misunderstand me and I cannot risk losing you...at any cause... 

"Yerin?! What are you thinking?!" Chanyeol waves his hand infront of her face.

Yerin blinks and shakes her head. She smiles," Well, you see when someone's time comes no one can escape...Min had this much of life span. It is said when one goes away, we should remember them for their goodness and their nice memories...like you do for your appa, mama, Halmoni and mama...And I do for my Halmo and parents. Even though I did not meet my amma and appa, their photos and stories from my Halmo make me think and pray for them. I loved it when people say how nice and kind people they were..." She shakes her head and smiles.

"And then they say bad things about you..." 

Yerin turns her head to look at him, stunned. 

"I know... I heard Miko and Unc..." He shakes his head, "Kim. Miko and Kim talking about you before our wedding when I was asked to select the dress and rings? Yes. That time...they were saying how you're mistreated and abused by our uncle's family and other village people... So you said yes...cuz you have no choice... That is why you married me..."  He sniffs and wipes his tears.

Yerin takes his face in her hands," Yeol...When I tell you that I love you to infinity and beyond...do you believe me?"

He nods.

She smiles,"Yes. You're right that I married you cuz at that time I had no other choice. I had a very bad man harassing me and if I had said no then he would have...would have hurt me badly. No one would help me, save me...I was all alone and I cannot even leave the place. That awful man would not have let me be free...so there was one way to avoid this. Agreeing to marry you...

But you know that was the best decision of my life!! I get such an amazing elder brother, Baek oppa, best friend and elder sister Inhee unnie, cutest niece ever Baekhee and not to forget, all the helps who are like family, especially Mando and Tammy!! So nice home to live...and last but not the least...YOU. The love of my life..." She touches her forehead with his.

"Ohhh!!!" He grins and pouts, closing his eyes.

She muffles her laugh behind her hand and pecks his lips. Even after she moved her face away, he kept his face like that.   

He opens his eyes and frowns.

Yerin stands up taking his hand and notices his sulk.

"Awww...why are you still so sad?" She peers at his face.

"That's it?" He whispers, pointing at his lips and looking at hers.

"Wh-What?" She blinks.

"So less...won't do..." He lets go of her hand and crosses his arms, looking away.

"S-so, then how?" She asks, a bit confused and shy.

"Like that day...when I was sick after Miko's death and it was a different 'kiss'!! It made my head giddy...there was a drum in my heart, I become deaf and then blind, there were goosebumps then...then Soo came to disturb us...then in the balcony..."

"Okay! Okay!! I remember..." She blushes.

Chanyeol pinches her cheeks," Cute."

"Okay...but not here..."She murmurs.

"Yes!! It is private!! I know!!" He says seriously.

"H-How?" She rounds her eyes.

"Inhee noona once said there are things that should be kept private between husband and wife..." He says as preaching.

"Oh God!!" Yerin covers her face with her hands. It seems her unnie has advised him to keep things to himself. She will thank her later...

"Okay...Let us go to our room then...besides oppa and unnie have left and others are busy...come..." She smirks and takes his hand. 

"YAY!!" He cheers and happily and skips to follow her.

"You are so..." Yerin cannot find the right word to describe. She just hugs him from the side and walks upstairs to their room.

 

Kyungsoo watches and hears everything that happened. He looks down to his hand that has been bleeding due to his tight clutch on a rose shrub. He lets it go and looks back at their direction. They disappear in the mansion. He walks back to his room and locks the door.

He begins to throw everything with great force. He grasps his head and yells out in frustation. 

He keeps on yelling and breaking everything. Finally he cools down. He sits on his bed.He needs to think clearly...

From Yerin's attitude it seems she does not care a bit. Which would have been accepted if she had known what Min had done all these years. Her careless behaviour for Miko asks for the same reason. As if she knew what they are actually and believes that they deserve it...also the way she was explaining to Chanyeol...As if she wants him to not care or remember them... Uncle Kim is a different matter...everyone hates him for what he did to the Byuns...but it seems she was not a bit shocked knowing what he did...Why he did not notice that before?! Was...was Min right about her being involved?! But how?! She can learn about their years old plotting by eaves-dropping!! If she can do it yesterday she can do it before!! 

Damn Yerin!! Damn Chanyeol!! But is she even involved?! If she is then how?! She never leaves except to visit the doctor and the Byuns...from there nowhere else...also she has never made any suspicious phone-calls...

THEN HOW?! People can be right about her being a witch, a bad omen...

He is breathing low and shakes his head annoyed. Now he is thinking like illiterate and stupid villagers. And It is all Yerin's fault!!

He notices his blood pouring out of his wounds...

 He cannot understand what is going on... three deaths. All at short intervals...in most unusual accidents... all three involved...It may be his turn next if he does not fix this up, permanently...