Epilogue: Last Word

THE CURSED BRIDE

***Special Guest starring: Kim Jongin***

 

2 Years Later...

 

 

"Mr. Song, I don't want excuses, I want results. You know I would never compromise with the quality of the product! That will be cheating and dishonesty and everyone knows how I HATE THAT!" Chanyeol's cold voice makes the man gulp.

"Ye-yes sir. Don't worry! It will be done following all the rules and right procedures. Sorry sir..." He quickly gathers the papers and bows to leave. Their boss is extremely strict when it comes to work ethics.

"Mr. Song."

The older man looks back at him.

"I am sorry to yell at you like this. You know how I get when it concerns quality. Just get it done quickly. Please."

The employee smiles a little and nods. "It is absolutely fine, sir. Don't worry, it will be done." He leaves the cabin.

There is another knock on the door.

"Come in." Chanyeol says with his eyes on the file.

The COO of the company Byun Baekhyun enters with a young man.

"Chanyeol, here is the new guy...Kim Jongin." 

The younger bows respectfully and they shake hands.

"Oh! Welcome to the Parks and Co.! I hope we'll get along well." Chanyeol smiles at him. 

Jongin relaxes. He has heard a lot about his new boss' strictness and honesty which had made him very nervous.

"I wish you'll have a good time working here and promising opportunities to show your abilities."

He has also heard about how amiable he can be when the work is done properly. Jongin makes up his mind that he'll be a responsible and professional employee.

"Thank you sir. I'll try my best to not give you a chance to complain." He determines.

"Shall be looking forward to it." Chanyeol nods.

"Okay! So Jongin,You've meet the CEO, who is also the chairman." He points at Chanyeol dramatically, which makes the men laugh a little,"Let us meet some voluntary social workers and then your real boss." 

Jongin nods.

Before they leave, "Are you going home now?" Baekhyun asks Chanyeol.

"Uhhh...yep. My work is done, so, I will be heading to home. Would not have come if the product problem did not occur." He packs up to leave.

Baekhyun nods understandingly, "Okay, we'll also come later."

"Oh! Inhee noona and Baekhee are coming for lunch, since you are going there with Jongin, two of you can join us." Chanyeol insists.

"Alright." Baekhyun immediately agrees.

Jongin says gratefully, "Thank you sir."

"So, I'll see you guys later then." They leave for their respective ways.

 

 

 

"Good afternoon, Master Park! Unnie and Baekhee will be here soon! The lunch will be served right after they are here! Will you like something till then?!" Mandu rushes to greet.

Chanyeol smiles at her excitement. "Calm down, Mandu. Get me a glass of chilled lemonade. Oh! And Baekhyun hyung shall be joining us with the new manager of the NGO."

"Oh! Good then we can all meet and have food!" She jumps back to the kitchen.

Chanyeol shakes his head and moves upstairs to his room to find it dark.

He sighs and decides not to switch on the lights. The curtains are closed. It is cool, comfortable and silent.

He looks at the outline of his bed and enters his closet to get changed into some comfortable ones. He is about to go to his old playroom but stops by the bed.

He looks at it in the dark for some moment and shrugs. He quietly lays under the blanket and hugs tightly.

"WHO IS IT?! WH- PARK CHANYEOL?!" The lump he hugged yells out.

"Obviously me! Who will hold you like this other than me?!" He huffs.

A knock interrupts them.

"Master...They are all here!" Mando says from the other side of the door.

"Coming!" He answers.

 

 

 

Jongin looks around the whole mansion. It is not very big but very elegant. But what he likes the most is that there is a homely feel to it. Usually such feels are missing in such rich people's houses.

He has been introduced to Byun Inhee and Baekhee who are very nice. The servants, he met, were busy yet polite and relaxed. Just like the employees of the NGO, the offices and factories.

Mr. Park is actually a very generous and able boss, he thinks happily.

He looks up to see some people are entering the dining room. They stand up to greet. Baekhee runs to Chanyeol's arms.

"This is Kim Jongin."

He bows.

"And Jongin, this is...."

 

 

 

2 years ago...

 

Kyungsoo looks at Yerin and laughs. Her eyes are dead. As if he is looking at a corpse. A heart-broken corpse.

"Well, well...It seems all your love, loyalty and 'vows' went down to drain. It would have been so much better if you'd taken my side. But too late for that..." He wheezes and takes the match to lit, "Goodness! In all this struggle I got drenched in gasoline."

He stops to look at her lustily, "I always wondered how you are felt to kiss."

He brings his face down to kiss her when Yerin hurls her legs and kicks him hard. He is pushed back with force. There is gasoline all over the floor. He slips and falls directly in the small lit fireplace. He catches fire immediately.

She sits there shocked. She realizes the window, where Chanyeol was standing, is being broken down. Chanyeol is smashing down the window and door with a axe. He quickly picks her up and runs out before the fire spreads out. The tiny storage burns down with Kyungsoo within it. 

All this may have happened in less than few minutes. And Yerin is still not in her senses.

She feels gentle pats on her cheeks. She looks at her husband who is checking her for injuries.

"Are you very much hurt?" He asks with the same care and love she is used to.

She shakes her head. Who can she even think her Chanyeol will leave her there?!

"H-How?" She chokes out.

He points at a small pile of dried leaves on fire.

"I had his doll in my duffet bag and the driver left his lighter in the car."

He does not have to say more.

"We have to get help! You are bleeding!" He checks her head and face. He is about to get up when they hear loud sirens. They can hear a lot of people. They must have seen the fire and smoke. Also the warehouse is not far away from the highway so they easily find them.

A worried Baekhyun and tear-stricken Inhee run to them. They had called to check if they reached the mansion. When Mando informed them they were not there, Baekhyun thought they might have went for an outing as Chanyeol came out of the house after a long time. That was in the morning. But when in the evening he heard that they were still not home and had not called, he got doubtful. He and Inhee were coming to the mansion when they found the driver unconscious by the road. He explained what happend to him and Baekhyun understood that Chanyeol and Yerin were in trouble. He immediately informed the police and they began to search. They did not had to go very far though...

Inhee is helping Yerin with the first aid kit till the ambulance appears and the two men are standing there as the police investigates.

"Can you elaborate the incidents?" The officer asks.

"Yes." He explains what happened in details about how they were captured, what Kyungsoo said and how he "caught himself in the fire".   

"So, it was a case of accident and self defence if we go by your words. Where did you find the axe?"

"It was in that shed over there." The police opens it and gets assured.

"Sir, it is horrible! The body is melted." A junior officer informs.

"Yes...must be due to the chemical. Anyway, it seems the uncle-nephew duo were driven to death by jealousy and one sided love."

"More like one-sided lust." Chanyeol smirks.

Baekhyun looks weirdly at him and then glances at the ladies who wear the same expression. 

"Listen officer, it was horrifying. I was outside helpless. The door and the windows were locked. My wife was tied and got hit by that beast who had claimed to 'love' her and asked her to cheat and help him to kill me. When she refused he tried to lit the match-stick. I ran to get some help and found the axe. I came back to see he was kicked by her and then he slipped into the chimney place. I did not waste a single moment and cut the window-wall and got her out." He stops without flinching and they were shocked by his confidence.

"He tried...he tried to kiss me before killing...He thought Chanyeol had  left me to run away... So, I kicked him. I did not know." Yerin mumbles but they can hear her.

"No, Mrs. Park. It is the most practical thing you did considering that moment." The police closes the notebook.

Yerin is taken to the hospital and her bleeding has luckily stopped by then.

She wakes up the next day to find Chanyeol sitting beside her, smiling and playing with her fingers.

"Morning."

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" He asks softly.

"Fine...Yeol...I..." 

He puts his finger on her lips." That chapter of our life is closed."

Yerin blinks at his tone and body language. He is so different today.

"I guess this incident was important to get me out of my previous trauma."He kisses her forehead.

"Yeol, Dr. Lee will meet you now." Inhee informs him.

He looks at Yerin and smiles, "He is in town so I thought of getting myself checked to see if I am actually okay. It may be my last appointment with  him."

He stands up to leave only to look at her and smile, "I love you too Park YERIN...to infinity and beyond."

Inhee looks at the departing figure and looks at the frozen figure on the bed.

"Rin! He confessed! I am so happy for you! Finally!"

"Yes." Yerin begins to cry. And all her tears are of joy. What she had not done for this day?!

"You know I wish I was...I was...with him at his last appointment." She wipes her eyes."Did you not hear him?! He called me 'Yerin', not 'Irin' I am having a gut feeling he is completely alright now." She hugs her unnie.  

"Yes, darling. You two will be fine now." Inhee assures back with belief.

 

Present day

 

"Park Kang Yerin, your boss and my wife." 

Yerin shakes hands with Jongin and they all sit to enjoy their lunch.

 

"Jongin...as you see I am on maternity leave now, I need an extra hand to help me...Even after I will resume my work, I'll need it. I hope you can handle it properly...oh and you should get well acquinted with Mandu...she is my personal assistant..." Yerin explains.

"Yes Lady Park. Don't worry all shall be under control..." Jongin assures. It has been a month to his job and he is loving it. Mr. and Mrs. Park are very strict yet so friendly.

"Yunhee...baby stop being so fussy...just like your appa..." Yerin huffs.

"Lady! You are having a girl! Congratulations!" Jongin smiles.

"Thank you...Chanyeol is so happy...he always wanted a girl. He has been so impatient these 8 months..." She rubs her bump lovingly. "Oh! Can you take this file to him upstairs? He must be in our room...I don't want to get up again..." Yerin requests tiredly.

"Oh! Of course!! There is nothing to ask!! I will go right away!!" He takes the file and walks upstairs.

He finds the bedroom door open but no one is there. He is about to go when he hears some sound coming from somewhere in the room. There is another door and he can hear him talking.

"Min Chulsoo...Good bye...I hate you...  " Chanyeol icily sneers. He notices Jongin at the door of his old playroom. 

He is holding a wax doll with bright orange coloured hair on the head part.  He is talking to a doll?!

Jongin looks around the room. It is a nursery with many toys, baby clothes, and what not!!

He looks at Chanyeol, "I am very sorry sir but Lady has asked to give this file to you and the doors were wide open so..."

"Oh That is okay..." He takes the file and enters the main bedroom.

"Sir...is that baby Yunhee's room?" He asks curiously.

"Yes. is it nice?" Chanyeol smiles. He just can't help but feel elated at his daughter's name.

"Yes. Amazing." Jongin is awed.

"It was my nursery and playroom as well... for a long time..." Chanyeol has a distant look on his face.

The life of Park Chanyeol is not a secret to anyone. Jongin just looks down and nods.

Two servants enter the room and takes away some tools and stuff.

Jongin asks confused, "What are those sir?'

"Oh those? I used to make wax dolls when I did not go out...now I don't need them..." They leave the room together.

 

Mando is reading the newspaper and sighs. Jongin looks at her from the laptop and rises his eyebow in question.

"See!! A man named Min Chulsoo has died. What a bad person he was?!! Corruption, and so many charges on him!! But always got away due to huge connections but as they say karma is a bi..." before she can complete...

"No. Mando. Bad language..." Chanyeol scolds.

Jongin frowns. Isn't it what Chanyeol sir said yesterday??

"How he died?" He asks.

"Well he was standing somewhere near a lorry in which glasses were being loaded. One of then slided down and cut his throat. Completely beheading him!! Imagine!!" Mando shudders.

Yerin is quiet throughout the whole conversation. She looks at Chanyeol.

He smiles at her, "Couldn't risk it for our Yunhee... one last time..." He rubs her belly lovingly.

Jongin looks at them and shrugs. Woah the man looks the same as the doll...

He is leaving for his house when he sees the garbage being carried out. He steps aside to give them space when he notices something when one bag gets slightly open.

It is that orange haired doll but head is broken from its body. Exactly the way he has read the man's throat was cut in the paper.

He gulps slightly and jumps in fright to find his boss Park Chanyeol standing right behind him. When and how did he appear there?! He is emitting a cold vibe and his eyes are glassy.

Chanyeol grins at him, creepily and puts a finger to his lips, "Ssshhh..."

 

 

---The End---