R.I.P.

THE CURSED BRIDE

"... So...are we having his funeral here?" Miko asks meekly.

"Well...I want to but considering Uncle's reputation as a criminal I think we should not...or else they will assume we are on his side and now after his death I cannot risk my position...he was my uncle and the workers, associates may take a stand against me... I can't risk that..." Kyungsoo shakes his head.

"Then we'll just get him buried..." Butler Min states.

"Hmm...yes." Kyungsoo nods.

 

Upstairs Chanyeol is sitting with his face buried in his hands. Yerin has not seen him in this posture before. She slowly reaches him.

"Yeol...are you okay?"

"How can Uncle Kim do that?! How can he hurt Baek hyung and noona and BaekHee like that?! Why?!" He looks disgusted. He has tears of anger in his eyes and shakes his fist.

Yerin does not know how to console him...

I wish I could tell you...

She clears ,"Chanyeol...I... I don't know what to say... But I think all we should do that be happy for oppa, unnie and baby and be relieved that Uncle Kim could not harm them...and us... It is good to know about things before its too late...

"B-But Uncle...?" He shudders.

She rubs his arms comfortingly,"We cannot understand what and why he was thinking...But we got to know he was doing something really awful and we be very careful now... It does hurt when someone close to one lies and back-stabs..." She is lost in her thoughts.

"Huh?! Irin...?" Chanyeol looks at her.

"Hmmm...nothing! Chanyeol it is good to forget about bad things and bad people so that we can live in happiness and peace...I know it is hard but we have to start trying..."

Her heart breaks seeing Chanyeol's distress but she just cannot bring any words regarding Kim's death as it will somehow sound consoling and she does not want to console her husband for such a person's death. Who she herself has killed...

"You are right!! I should not be sad for Uncle Kim!! No!! Not uncle!! No more Uncle!! I don't want him to be one anymore!!" He exclaims.

He dashes into his playroom and starts to make noises. Yerin follows to check out.

"Irin! Where is that wax doll of Un-no! Kim?! I can't find it anywhere!!" Chanyeol complains.

"Well...ummm...Yeol I broke it yesterday...I would have told you but..." She does not lie to him though...

"Ummm...that's okay....I would have broken it now!! It is good then!!" He decides.

Yerin is a bit relaxed. Chanyeol is not upset by this and she did not have to apologize to him...because that will be a false apology and she will never do to that to him...

"So let's be thankful and think of something that you'll love..." She tries to change the topic.

"Yes!! Let us do that..." Chanyeol agrees.  

"So what do you want to do...?"

 

The next day arrives. Yerin loves to hear the cheeriness in her unnie's voice after days. Her oppa believes that he is the luckiest man in the world to have such a beautiful daughter... she herself laughs whole-heartedly after days when she heard Chanyeol and Baekhyun guessing who the baby looks like. According to the father, she looks like her mother and according to the uncle, a rabbit.

Their morning starts on an amazing note. But Yerin is a bit skeptical. Now that they have lost the master-mind of their conspiracy, they will either slow down or pace up. And something in her is telling that it will be the last option. So she has to be even more cautious now...

She places the breakfast on the coffee table and calls for Chanyeol. He walks out of his playroom and sits. She notices his slight sulk. 

"What happened? You were in such a great mood few minutes back..." She enquirs, spreading jam on a toast.

"Nothing...I was worried about the shares and factories... They may get affected badly due to Uncle Kim's death but mostly because of  what he did... " He drawls. 

 A very practical point. Yerin notes it out quickly. She has to tell this along with all the changes she noticed in him to the doctor. They have an appointment after 3 more days...

"Yes, you are right. But people know about this company's reputation and its hard working employess... Uncle Kim may have been the person who communicated with people but you...you are the owner of everything. You take decisions, you make the deals, and everyone actually listens to you... They are just faces... Everyone knows that..."

A knock and a cough gain their attention. Yerin curses herself. She forgot to close the door after she brought the food.

"Lady...We are leaving for...uhhm...for sir Kim's funeral...I mean he'll be buried...would you be there..."

"No. We won't be. As a matter of fact...no one should be..."

Now shock will be an understatement in this situation. Miko opens and closes her paled mouth like a fish and Yerin does not know how to reciprocate...

"Who's going? Kyungsoo? He may... as he was HIS UNCLE... but not me or my wife. Not after what he has done..." His voice has that rightfulness and authority which Mrs. Yang had mentioned in her letter.

"O-okay...I 'll go now..." Miko quickly left.

Yerin wants to cry out of excitement. He is improving. The real Park is evolving out of him...But then again They will know now...He said that to Miko and she was sure that Head Maid had heard her saying those things...

"Irin...Irin, was I right?" He sounds doubtful.

"Yes. Your are right..." Yerin assures.

 

Miko is walking to and fro.

Butler Min gets annoyed," Will ya please sit down?! I feel dizzy..."

"You feel dizzy!! Here I am dying with tension..."

"What now?!..." Kyungsoo enters in black.

"Sir...when I went upstairs to their room to inform them about the funeral..." She tells them all about what she heard and what Chanyeol said.

"Believe me sir...I thought it was his father talking to me..." she sighs.

"Great!! Great woman Chulsoo got us?! She was never a meek or sweet girl!! I knew it the day she arrived!! Now look what she has planted in his mind!!" Min groans.

"We need to do something...need to do something quick sir...or else he is getting well and will get back his right and place..." Miko shakes her head, "...and from what I 've seen it will not be surprising if she gets pregnant by him and has an heir..."

'SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!!" Kyungsoo roars. Very hard for him to imagine Yerin with Chanyeol...

"But sir...it is the truth..." Miko still insists.

"Alright...but not now...Uncle Kim died with such a huge exposure...I still don't get why he had to keep Baekhyun alive for days to torture and then kill...If he had done it the very first day we would not be facing this problem... he might have been alive...Stupid and unnecessary revenge...anyway, we have to wait till his case dissolves a bit and then do something about Chanyeol. Or else everyone will get suspicious. We're already under people's microscope.So...

Let me do some damage control and complete this pending project and then we'll get rid of him..." He concludes.