025

My Lucky Strike

 

Eunbi chewed on her lower lip as she walked back and forth inside the ladies’ room, she had her phone pressed against her ear, waiting for Jaehyun to pick up.

“Eunbi~”

“I—I…Na Jinhee switched names?” She asked, Jaehyun paused from the other line.

“We just found out today, Kyungsoo hyung said he’d be the one to tell you.”

Her brows met briefly, her fingers were on the sink, shaking slightly.

“Hey, are you okay?” He asked.

She let out a breath, she shook her head.

“Aniya…I mean, I’m fine, I..just..” She looked at her reflection.

“Where are you? Let me pick you up,” Jaehyun said.

“How many more secrets do you think she’s keeping?” She spoke.

“We don’t know, we’ve been trying to run more checks on her.” Jaehyun said softly, Eunbi let out a shaky breath.

“I thought I heard it all, you know, arson, her erasing every memory of mom in the house, having our father wrapped around her finger, but this…”

“And my father actually chose this woman over me, his own blood.” Eunbi studied her long dark locks with intent.

“Eunbi, let me pick you up, where are~”

“Let me use the credit card then. I think I’m going to need it.”

“It’s yours, you don’t have to ask.” Jaehyun replied.

She smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, thanks for everything, bb.”

“Don’t stay out late.” Jaehyun simply said before ending the call. Eunbi exhaled and ran one hand through her hair.

“This is crazy.”

 

 

“Try to sleep early, you look tired.” Kyungsoo grinned as they stepped in the building, Eunbi smiled back.

“Thank you for dinner, oppa. It really has been a while, huh?”

“Don’t worry too much over this, we’ll fix this soon.” Kyungsoo took her hand in his, Eunbi nodded, then she saw her purple Lamborghini drive by and entered the basement, one of Kyungsoo’s men was driving it.

“Yeah.” She said quietly, Kyungsoo smiled and just squeezed her hand before gesturing for her to get in the elevator.

Eunbi walked inside and gave him a wave before the doors closed, she puffed her cheeks and leaned back.

The doors pinged open and she made her way towards the door, she swiped the card and pushed it open.

“I’ve had enough. You. Get out!”

“Get out! You are no longer allowed to step into this building, you are no longer part of HanShin.”

Eunbi halted, she let out a shaky breath and dropped her Gucci purse on the floor.

She closed her eyes briefly.

“How could you, you ingrate!”

“After everything that I’ve given you, you dare to do this?”

“I let you do everything you want, and this is how you~”

Eunbi started to shake her head, tears started to roll down her cheeks. She took off her shoes and tossed the across the floor roughly.

Hey, hey,

She looked up, Johnny was walking towards her with open arms.

It’s okay, Eunbi, everything’s going to be alright.” He said quietly before wrapping his arms around her.

“He…Appa…My own father kicked me out…He kicked me out.” She sobbed.

“I—I can’t do this anymore, Johnny. I cant….I cant…” She choked, Johnny frowned and just pulled her to the living room.

“You’re not alone, you have us.” He said as he made her sit.

He saw Jennie step out of the room, he shook his head at her, she nodded and walked back inside.

“I…Appa he chose a stranger over me. Na Jinhee…she’s completely taken over…and I..”

Johnny just pulled her closer to him.

“Johnny, he kicked me out of HanShin.” She spoke, Eunbi pulled back, she brushed her tears away.

“I was kicked out. He kicked me out!”

“Eunbi~”

She shook her head and stood up.

“I wont let him in again. I wont.” She spat before rushing back to her room, Johnny sighed and leaned back on the couch.

“This isn’t good.” Jennie said as she stepped out of the room.

“She’s…pushing people away, shutting off all emotions.” Jennie exhaled.

“Just like what happened when auntie passed away.” Johnny murmured.

“I’m worried, what will she do? And what will Na Jinhee do?”

 

 

Mark walked in the dining room for breakfast, he had his earphone plugged in as he sat down, he eyed his plate briefly.

“Butler Ji,” He spoke.

“Don’t we have anything else?” He asked, he felt his father’s gaze on him.

“Minhyung-ah, is the food not to your liking?” Jinhee asked.

“Do I have to say it again? Don’t even go near the kitchen. That was my mother’s place, and it will always be.” He said flatly.

“Lee Min~”

“Then, I’m eating out today.” Mark stood up; he flipped his plate over and walked out of the room.

Mr. Lee sighed and leaned back on his seat dejectedly, Na Jinhee smiled to herself before picking up her spoon.

“Sir, it’s the company.” His secretary suddenly entered the room.

Lee Jiwook took the phone from him and stepped out of the room, Na Jinhee then took out her phone and read the message on the screen.

She smirked before going back to her meal.

 

 

Are you not eating?” Jennie asked as Eunbi stepped out of her room, the other girl paused.

No, but thanks for cooking up a feast.” Eunbi smiled at her, she was dressed in a pair of ripped denim shorts and nicely fitted crop top, she already had her Balenciaga baseball cap on her head.

“Are you going somewhere?” Jennie asked.

“Yeah, how about we go out later? A little shopping?” Eunbi said, Jennie nodded.

“And, don’t, Seo Youngho.” Eunbi sighed at the male, Johnny let go of the laptop he was holding.

“I already saw it, people talking about my exile, and my rumored new man, Do Kyungsoo.” She shook her head while putting on her Vans sneakers.

“Your look today is very…”

Jobless bum carrying a purse that can also buy you an apartment in downtown Seoul, but so what?” She muttered as she marched out of the pent house lugging around her Hermes purse with her.

“Okay, we need Jung Jaehyun to help us with the dragon.”

 

 

It was busy day for the Jung heir, he had meetings lined up since the morning and he was asked to visit some of their new offices. And by some, it meant four offices within the city.

“And, director, this also needs you attention,” His secretary handed him a black folder.

“Have this forwarded to~”

His secretary suddenly stopped walking, Jaehyun looked up.

Hi.

Jaehyun gave his secretary a small nod; the male nodded and stepped away from them.

He smiled before walking towards her, Jaehyun reached for the locks of her now blonde hair.

“How was your day?” He asked.

“My scalp hurts like crazy, and I….” She trailed off and looked around, they were at JBG’s main lobby.

“I just…”

Jaehyun just gently tugged her to him and wrapped one arm around her.

“What could possibly be bothering our Eunbi? Her new hair? Or so much of her legs showing?” He said lightly, Eunbi shook her head and just pressed her forehead against his chest.

“Want to go on a date with me?” He asked her before pulling back.

“Are you asking me out right now?” She blinked at him, but she was smiling.

“Yeah, I am. I’m back to square one with you.” He said before taking her hand.

“You mean, you are a sugar daddy now.” She chuckled.

Jaehyun just pulled her towards the exit, not even glancing back at the other managers waiting for him.

“Jaehyun-ah,” She stopped.

“If…I let you~”

Her phone started to ring, Jaehyun saw the screen, his brows met briefly.

“Oh, oppa?” She answered just as Jaehyun’s Lamborghini pulled over, she playfully snatched the key from him and rushed to the driver seat.

He just shook his head and got in the passenger seat.

“Me? I’m with the ex-boyfriend.” She mused as she started the engine and strapped on her seatbelt.

Jaehyun just looked at the window, his brows knitted together.

“Ah, really? I’ll try to be there then. Tonight? Of course I have time.” She smiled as she stepped on the gas, Jaehyun glanced at her briefly.

“Right now? Lunch with Jaehyun, want to join us?” She offered, Jaehyun crossed his arms and leaned back on the seat.

“Hey, turn left here.” He patted her knee, Eunbi nodded.

“I’ll call you again later, oppa.” She said before putting the phone down.

“Is he joining us?” Jaehyun asked carefully.

“Ani, he has a meeting.”

“You do know that just plucked me out of a meeting too, right?” Jaehyun stated, Eunbi looked at him.

 

 

“Hmm, you must be really hungry, you’re crabby now.” She chuckled, Jaehyun just looked away and leaned back on his seat.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++