Comforting Lies

Seven Days

Sungjong’s POV

          What… what on earth did I just do?

          Oh my god

          Oh my god

Only kids played the kissing game as punishment! What the hell did I do?!

I ain’t a kid!

I was meant to do a head bunk not kiss him!

Why did I kiss him?! *one minute internal intense screaming

 

I sounded like a complete and total idiot while sitting inside the restroom fretting over a kiss.

So what if we kissed? Big deal

It’s not like it’s my first kiss!

Lee Sungjong, You had a girlfriend before, sure she was the one who kissed you, and sure you’ve never really kissed anyone by yourself before,

So what?! A kiss is a kiss He was not your first kiss…

          Augh, why am I repeating the word kiss over and over again, I just sounded like a girl.

          Just end me already, I hate this feeling it’s something so stupid…

This is bad,

Really bad,

No please, what the hell am I thinking

I need to gather myself and keep calm nothing good will come out of this.

For how long I was sitting there in the restroom cubicle, I don’t know until my phone brought me back to reality.

Watching his name flashed before my screen, I felt a bit guilty. These small words that slowly pushed up to my throat and formed a small lump, I wanted to tell him but deep inside I know I could never say such a selfish thing, I could never tell him

The kiss just, I don’t think I regretted it.  I want the world to know that you’re with me; I thought I’m angry because girls are looking at you instead of me. It was probably half right, but somehow a small voice is telling me I’m angry the way they looked at you

Hey, do you think I’m going insane? This is not a joke.

I want to tell you, I will. I said to myself finally taking the call,

          “Hey, where are you?” I hear him say as I pick up the phone. The moment I heard his voice, I swallowed back the words I wanted to tell him.

                “I’m in the restroom, I’m coming out now” I heard myself say but I felt distant to my voice, like it’s not mine.

                “Sure,”

          This isn’t good; I should come out clean about it. But yeah he’s probably thinking it’s a joke besides I didn’t real mean so in some point it’s just a joke, a prank so really there’s nothing to it. It’s just me overthinking again.

“by the way I have something to tell you” I said over the phone as I got out of the rest room.

“Well, you can tell me in person” somehow I can tell this guy is grinning without seeing him.

“Why? Where are you?” I asked looking around.

“Hi there, what took you so long?” and the idiot was leaning outside by restroom waiting for me with a wide grin on his face.

“Look, about what I did earlier. It’s just I wanted to teach you a lesson but I” I started to explain trying to keep my cool.

“I know, frankly I was surprised you could pull a prank like that! Ha-ha, that was so funny people kept staring at me with their mouths open even when I’m out of the shop there eyes kept following me! LoL! You should’ve have seen their faces! I didn’t know you can act like that, I feel like challenge to up level my pranks!” Myungsoo said in laughs.

“Yeah just prank ha-ha, wait you’re not angry I did that??” I asked, not knowing what to do.

“Angry? Why would I? I said we’re dating right? We really looked like a couple who had a fight and made up with a kiss hahaha so funny!” he said that and honestly I wanted to kick him but I don’t have time. I’m glad he thought it was just a joke and I could sigh in relief now.

Well, honestly you helped me back there. I’ve always been trying girls to get off me so yeah, I should thank you. You’re the coolest friend anyone can have” Myungsoo added

“I should’ve just punched you back there instead of punishing you like that” I said getting trying to put on a joke.

“Hey now,” He said getting closer to me, and I don’t like it. I went to step back a little and it only made him boost his stupid confidence seeing his grin widens. He takes my hand and pulls me in to him,

“You want me to punish you again?” Wait that came out wrong! I said thinking of punching him on the guts if he tried anything funny again but something tells me I fell into his trap.

“Well” he came whispering in my ear and I can feel every fibre in my being standing on red alert.

          “We can go home, and you can punish me there all you want”

          I remember leaving him crouching in pain among the shopping bags we bought and walking away without looking back into the nearest exit, got into a cab and just told the cab to drive away. Taking out my phone I tried contacting my friends just so I could spend a time without thinking about anything related to Myungsoo but none answered. I tried calling everyone but they’re all busy.

After I emailed my friends with no response the cab stopped in front of our dormitory gate. I paid and went inside straight in our old room and I’m glad the keys are still kept in the same spot.

          The room was empty, the beds have been replaced and back to their original places, the walls repainted, and the window fixed. There’s only the light coming from the open window and I made no plans to turn on the light switch. I placed the chair next to the window and just like before sat trying to reel in the fresh air from the trees outside. The bushes have grown taller, I remember when he used to sneak out I would sit in the same place for some time thinking he might be walking any time soon.

          Funny, looking back why did I even wait for him knowing he doesn’t even know that his roommate is waiting for him to come back, and why did I even wait for him knowing he doesn’t know?

Sheesh, the things I do for friendship… I must be an idiot after all.

The silence was comforting I can feel my body relax. Every breathe I take I can feel the raging butterflies inside me starts to silence down. I put my arm on the window sill and rested my head on it. Sometimes I find myself staring at the bushes, with nothing on my mind.

At this point, are we just friends or best friends? To what extent do these pranks and jokes should continue? I still want my normal life back, I do. I mean wouldn’t you? I don’t even know what’s going on with that head of his and I don’t know what’s going on.

I don’t even understand why every time I would hear him say friend there’s this heavy feeling inside me. This had never happened to me before, but I may just be overreacting. I’m sure I would feel the burdened when anyone would call me just their friends when in fact we’re best friends and all. Yeah, that’s just the problem.

What I was thinking or what was I doing was forgotten by the time I opened my eyes after falling asleep in one of the beds. When I glanced at my phone it was already half past five. I scrambled to check my phone for missed calls and emails but there’s nothing registered.

That’s strange, usually he would be so adamant to know where I was but this time he didn’t even sent me one single message? I tossed my phone aside; if he didn’t call that must meant he doesn’t need anything from me. Fine, it’s no big deal.

I rolled to my side and something fell on the floor. When I came to check what it was, my blood ran cold and I froze, I can feel my hands trembling a bit as I picked up a familiar black envelope.

Without any other word I got up picked my phone, stuffed the envelope in my pocket and left the place. The cab driver kept looking at me asking if I was okay, my reflection looked like all my blood has drained out of my body but I smiled and said I was just tired and gave the directions to the flat.

No one was at home but I can tell Myungsoo was here because of the shopping bags laid on the bed. Suddenly I felt a sudden chill coming down my spine, I went ahead and locked the windows and door making sure nothing or no one can enter unless I allowed them too. I was reluctant to send a message to Myungsoo but I have no choice as the light outside starts to disappear into the night. But no one answered. I paced up and down inside the house, it was around seven in the evening and there’s still no sign from him.

There’s nothing to do but sigh, I never really know what he does every time he leaves the house or when we’re not together. I don’t even know any of his so called friends. He met my family but not once did I ever hear him talk about on his own. The only thing I knew is that he has a brother and that he fell in love with his brother’s childhood friend.

Losing my appetite I head upstairs, sleep came late for me. I tossed around the bed, sometimes I walked to and fro in the room, and every time I tried to look down below the street I feel like there’s someone lurking there staring up at me. Time ticked in slow motion, I listened to music re-checked the windows and door and tried to settle to sleep.

I played with my phone till I got bored, emailed my friends just annoy them and distract myself from the eerie silence of the house. I spent an hour reorganizing my stuff and preparing for my project. When I finally felt exhausted and take a glance at the clock it was twenty minutes passed midnight. I slumped unto the bed tired, I finally fell asleep.

 

.............................................................IDeviant................................................................

Hi guys! two weeks! and I was able to update again! at least two chapters today! 

to those waiting for the POV of Myungsoo don't worry guys it's all been planned out, after this week's chapter will you get to see more of Myungso's side of the sorry, bit by bit and then the big bang LoL .

honestly I'm also excited about his POV

Enjoy!