What it means

Seven Days

A broken window, torn pillows, ripped books, and shredded clothes all scattered on the floor. The beds were deliberately separated and Sungjong’s side was covered with trash and slashed possibly with something sharp. Words of profanity were written in red by the wall, addressing to the younger boy. Someone is clearly against Sungjong going out with Myungsoo and made sure the message got through.

            The older boy immediately called their dorm leader and the dormitory’s security while Sungjong was too shock to say or even do anything. He just stood there by the door staring blankly at his destroyed books scattered all over the floor.

            Ten minutes later Woohyun came into the room, “What on earth happened here?!” the dorm leader said, horrified upon seeing the room.

            “We just got back and found the place trashed.” Myungsoo explained. “I immediately called you and the security but the guard wasn’t picking up. It seems that only my things are left untouched.”

            “Sunday’s day off for them, luckily when you called I was already in the school. I’ll go check if chief’s at his office. You two wait here” Woohyun was quick to act and hurriedly scurried off.

            “I’ve already notified the school’s dean on the matter and the school promises to investigate on the matter as soon as possible. The dean said that you will be given a new set of books in exchange for the ones that were destroyed. Tomorrow you’re having a meeting in his office to discuss what happened here. We also have to inform your parents on this matter.” Chief, their supervisor explained in his office to Sungjong as Myungsoo sat beside him while Woohyun was sitting further back.

            After inspection it was clear that Sungjong was the target, most of his things have been destroyed, only the things on his drawer that has been locked was left untouched.

            “If it’s okay, I would like to inform them myself. They might make a big deal out of this if you were to inform them.” Sungjong suggested. “I have confidence that this matter will resolve in a in only a matter of time.” The young man’s voice was steady and calm, his face still devoid of expression.

            “I’m not risking anything until we’re sure that something like this won’t happen again. However for now, we highly recommend for the two of you to stay out of the dormitory until this case is over. I called a friend of mine that has a small apartment just half an hour away from the school, I’ve arranged for the both of you to stay there for a week until you can find a place to live in.”

            “But chief, why can’t just we stay here? I don’t know any place” Sungjong complained.

            “It’s alright, we already have a place to stay.” Myungsoo finally spoke placing his hands over his “boyfriend’s” while speaking to the dorm supervisor, “If it’s alright with you chief, we’ll just leave our things here for tonight and come back for it tomorrow.”

            “Well if you two agreed to it then I have nothing to say” the dorm supervisor glances at Sungjong as if asking for his consent.

             “You need to take your mind off things, and it’s my fault that something like this happened to you, at least let me make it up for it even if it’s only this” Myungsoo pleaded when Sungjong looked hesitant.

            “If you say so then” the latter glanced over his shoulders as if making sure that everyone present is in agreement. Woohyun smiled nodding his head, ten minutes later he’s walking Myungsoo and Sungjong to the dormitory gate. Woohyun volunteered to stay the night at the ransacked room just to make sure to prevent any further attempt just in case the culprit decided to drop by a visit.

Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong’s reflection as the car drove to their destination. Sungjong had been too quiet and it’s unusual for the younger to stuff his hands in his pocket for such a long time that it’s starting to worry him. He’s starting to think again that dragging his friend into his messed up life is putting Sungjong life’s in danger.

The car made a left turn and drove past a small group of trees that line up the both side of the road and emerge into another part of the city.

“Where are we?” Sungjong asked when as they got out of the car infront of a three-storey white bricked building.

“A friend owned this building, the first and the second floor are rented as a dance studio while the third’s an exhibit room.” Myungsoo said as they got on the elevator, “two years ago he built a small apartment on the rooftop but he wasn’t able to use it due to work so I asked him if we could live here”

“And he said yes?” Sungjong asked.

“Well he kinda owe me, and besides he’s been looking for someone to take care of the house” Myungsoo said as the door opened into the third floor. “We need to take the stairs from here.”

“What do you think” the older boy was all smile as they were greeted by a modern style living space.

“Wait, you sure we can stay here?” Sungjong suspiciously asked as he looked around. It was a view almost taken right out or architectural magazines he had been reading. A perfectly well balanced space for anyone who wants to live in a place with lush greens. 

“Yeah, why are you looking at me like that?” Myungsoo asked.

“Jeez, I’m starting to think that I should be thanking the one that trashed our room” Sungjong finally smiled at his friend, “Hey, I’m sorry man I probably got you in a bad situation.”

It took a moment for Myungsoo to react looking at Sungjong, “What are you talking about?”

“I was worried for a moment back there that the culprit might find something about our situation.” Sungjong could finally remove his hands off his pockets. He was so worried that there might be something in their room that might exposed them to the public. He felt a bit glad that it was only his things that were touched and not Myungsoo’s. However, deep inside, Sungjong was scared, he felt like something rock him to the core and left a very unpleasant feeling and there’s no way he’s telling anyone.

“Hey, what are you talking? I’m the one that caused this situation I should be the one apologizing!” Myungsoo couldn’t get his thoughts out on how Sungjong manage to think of others despite of what happened to him.

“It’s okay no one’s hurt. It should be fine” Sungjong said.

“No it’s not.” Myungsoo said in a firm tone, “Here’s what’s going to happen. Tomorrow we’re going to shop for new clothes ad new things for you. You’re not allowed to be with yourself and I want you to call me whenever you want to go out. I can't have you wandering around on your own”

“You sounded like a dad” Sungjong joked, “I’ll be fine, I’m a guy too. I can protect myself”

            “Lee Sungjong, I’m scared.” Myungsoo said directly looking into his “boyfriend’s” eyes, “I’m scared that I’m getting you in danger dragging you into my messy life. Don’t tell me “do not worry”. How can I not?! Don’t take the right for me to at least worry and protect you. You’ve done a lot for me. I just want you to know I can do things for you too. You’re my friend, probably my best friend and I don’t want to see you hurt”

            “Friend” Sungjong said with a small smile after a short silence between them, “We’re just friends. You’re way too early to be my best friend, you have to work hard to be one idiot”

            The two looked at each other and burst into laughter. Later that night Myungsoo wrapped his arms into a tight hug around Sungjong as they went to sleep. He fell asleep like a light on a switch off.

            It must be the new bed, or the new place but while Myungsoo slept like a log he was wide awake.

            There’s a word that kept playing on his mind over and over again. A word that in some way, somehow when he heard it he felt like a boulder got directly thrown at him.

              "I don't know anymore" it's 2am...

          Sungjong tried to close his eyes for one last time before sleep finally settles in. A small unaesy thumping of his heart can be barely heard.

 

..............................................................IDeviant................................................................

What word could that be lol xD I know you guys can easily guess it. 

Things are gonna be very very busy for me from now on but I'll make sure to do my best to at least update at once a week^__^ my lessons are killing me! 

 

Before anything else here a Fun trivia

1. in the previous chapter Sungjong's sister Jiae asked Myungsoo if he knows how to make kimbap. It's a fact in real life that Sungjong actually wants to make kimbap with his partner if he ever makes one... *grins

as a special. chapter I'll be introducing the Lee sisters for you gus to know more about them^__^. 

Have fun reading!!