New Dilemma

Seven Days

Sungjong’s POV

Hi, my name is Lee Sungjong. I’m a first year university student taking up architecture. How old am I? I’m old enough to get a girlfriend, but until now I’m loveless. To make things complicated, I got myself stuck in a situation that greatly reduced my chances of snagging a cute girl and even worse I made myself as their “public enemy number one”. Now, I’m most likely the next target after they trashed my things last night. My life is definitely in grave danger, but I’m not afraid of that because right now there’s something even more important that I have to face. I’m lying on a bed thinking a very deep and profound question to myself. A question that every guy asks to themselves in dire situations like this.

WILL I EVER GET MYSELF A GIRLDFRIEND! More like do I even have a chance?!! As you can see I’m in a great dilemma here.   

Why you asked?

            This is all because of the guy sleeping soundly beside me. You see, the two of us, we’re “dating” well pretending to be dating that is. This all started because he can’t keep himself inside his pants and tried to kiss his crush and the moron me, volunteered to help not knowing things will turned out this way. There’s no problem in me helping someone to get out of trouble, yeah that’s what I thought, until he offered that the both of us live together. Don’t get me wrong, if I were offered to live in a house like this I won’t think twice and just say yes. But the problem is, I think I’m the one getting in trouble this time.

            There’s this small very slight minute microscopic change that’s happening to me. It started in my stomach, like I ate a thousand butterflies and now they’re all fluttering inside me. Then the feeling slowly went up to my chest, like I’m being squeezed and I’m getting dizzy. I don’t think this is serious, it’s like my body is not in good condition and it’s slowly reacting to the things around me.

            And I think I’ve got the answer.

            It’s because a lot of things happened to and I did things I never thought I would do. Pretending to be in a relationship with a friend, and a guy at that, I also started working, the dreaded family meeting. I was exhausted by our trip around the city and to come home just to find our room trashed and on top of that we are now living in a place, just the two of us. Yup, in a house. No other people, just this idiot and me. Yup, no need to panic *deep, deep sigh. This is completely normal Lee Sungjong.

            You’re feeling fine, it’s not like you felt something not right when he said you’re a friend. It’s not a big deal, it’s not like you have… NOPE! Lee Sungjong likes girls. Cute ones, small ones, big ones, short, tall, black, brown, white and mocha etc.!

            Augh. Dear heavens above, tell me I’m not going nuts here. Give me a sign, just a teeny tiny sign that everything will be alright.

            ‘Cause right now, my brain thinks that things are changing, and I need to go back or else it might be too late. But I don’t even know what I’m turning my back into.

*End of POV

            Sungjong woke up to the sweet savoury aroma of burnt bacon and the bitter scent of comfort from freshly brewed coffee. Myungsoo’s side of the bed was vacant and the clock says its twenty five minutes till eight.

            He slowly got up from the bed and reaches to his travel bag, taking his morning necessities and went to the bathroom. All of his clothes got destroyed last night good thing he had some clothes brought over from home. Ten minutes later he emerged all ready for school, descended the short flight of stairs into a large living room with an open floor kitchen and dining area combined.

            Myungsoo was wearing a pastel blue apron over a white long sleeves shirt pulled up to his elbows followed by a black knee-high jeans. The older by was engrossed staring at the toaster to go red and pop the bread up that he wasn’t able to notice that Sungjong was already behind him. On the table was two plates of horror. Broken sad sunny side ups burnt on the side and strips of bacon looking like they had been walking on the Sahara desert it shrivelled up and turned black.

            A few more seconds and there’s the familiar sound coming from the toaster. Sungjong’s eyes almost popped out of his sockets seeing the bread coming out like a charcoal that he burst into laughter. He had never seen anyone screw up a toast up until now that it crack him up.

            The older boy was a bit surprised but quickly turned to look at his “boyfriend” with a face saying “Yeah, I’m a screw up but you’re laughing way too hard.”

            “Sorry, sorry. But really… even the bread? ROFL!! You should definitely join my sisters in their club” Sungjong once again laughed at Myungsoo.

            “What Club?” Myungsoo asked with enthusiasm.

            “The Club of Failure cooks! LOL!!” the younger boy laughed even louder holding unto his stomach.

            “Aish, and here I am trying to make you breakfast.” Myungsoo pretended to be angry but a small wispful smile was playing on the corners of his lips.

            “Don’t tell me you’re trying to kill me with you cooking?” Sungjong was laughing so hard that tears were running down his cheeks.

            “Aww, it’s not that bad. I’ll prove it” Myungsoo said picking up a piece of burnt bacon and took a small bite. He started to chew but the bacon crumbled like ashes mixed with oil inside his mouth that it sent him coughing. “Augh, yuck that’s bad. Eellhh, that’s bad. Don’t eat it.”

            “Here” Sungjong handed him a glass of orange juice, “What made you think you can cook? Did you remember what you did to the electric kettle we had at the dorm? Woohyun-hyung had to go apologize to everyone after you short circuited the whole dorm. I mean how do you even do that?”

            “Hey, that was not my fault. That dorm is old” Myungsoo defended.

            “Just move aside and clean up your mess. Watch the expert in his work okay?” Sungjong stood said pulling his invisible sleeves and starts a new pan on the stove. “At least I hope you didn’t fess up the coffee” he said nodding off the coffee maker.

            “Nah, I just press once and it does everything” Myungsoo was confident that he could at least make coffee.

            “Yeah, yeah. I’ll be done in a jiffy so fix the table” the younger boy said cracking up the eggs into the heated pan.

            “Oops, you forgot something” Sungjong almost jump when his “boyfriend” suddenly appeared from behind putting an apron around his waist.

“Don’t move.” The older boy commanded and other’s body stiffined like a statue. “That reminds me, we have to buy you new clothes.”

            “There, finish.” Myungsoo’s voice was almost a whisper beside his “boyfriend’s ears and from behind he can see Sungjong’s nape turning deep red.

            “Th...Thanks man” Sungjong said stiff but Myungsoo was grinning behind him enjoying the reaction he had gotten from the young boy.

            “Is it okay if I stand beside you and watch you cook?” the older boy leans on the counter.

            “How about you set the table first” Sungjong said without looking at him.

            “Okay…” Myungsoo disappeared for a minute and then was back smiling even wider than before.

            “Stop staring, you creep”

            “Oh, I am? Sorry I didn’t notice.”

            “You’re having fun huh?”

            “Well, they say that a person’s eyes will naturally get drawn to something eye-catching in the room”

            “So what you’re really saying you want this to be your last meal of your life?” Sungjong asked putting the lid on the pan and starts the seven minute countdown for a perfect sunny side up and turning to his “boyfriend” one hand resting on the side of his waist.

            “Just kidding hehe” Myungsoo winked at him and retreated to the dining table. He thought he had seen his roommate’s most dangerous side, clearly he was wrong. Hmmm, was I thinking that he’s dangerous because he’s holding a knife or it’s because whatever he does I find it cute and if I call him that … I would surely be in trouble.

            Myungsoo watched his “boyfriend” scamper around the kitchen, popping the bread in the toaster. The bacon was starting to smell like heaven and the coffee pot is full.

            I didn’t know mornings like this is possible.

            Fifteen minutes later, Myungsoo was meet with a full on breakfast with a choice of coffee and orange juice as Sungjong took off his apron to eat.

            “It’s even creepier when you just sit there and stare at your food” the latter said.

            “Huh? Oh yeah, well … wait I have an idea” Myungsoo said taking out his phone and taking a shot of the food before starting to eat.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I was thinking of ways to preserve this breakfast” Myungsoo said.

            “You’re actually an idiot right? I could just cook again whenever you want them”

            “Yeah, but this is actually my first breakfast eating with someone else.”

            “Then, what do you usually eat?”

            “I’ve never eaten breakfast before, I usually wake up late with a hangover. Sometimes bread, most of the time coffee” Myungsoo said as a matter of fact.

            “What the, did you ever had breakfast at all?!” Sungjong asked.

            “Well I used to, when I was a kid. But not anymore”

            The younger “boyfriend” detected the sudden change in his mood, like he dug up an old memory he shouldn’t have.

            “Well, if you like. I could cook your favourite breakfast, if you’d like” Sungjong offered.

            “You will?” Myungsoo smiled.

            “Sure, what do you usually have for breakfast?”

            “Mondays are Nutella pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, Tuesdays are sunny side ups and kimchi on toast. Wednesdays are for….”

            “Hold it right there mate, what am I your personal chef?! Who eats kimchi on toast?!” Sungjong complained.

            “They’re delicious, wait until you try it”

            “Anyways, if you want to eat then learn how to cook. I’m not doing all the work here…wait a minute, this could actually work” Sungjong said nodding to himself.

            “Work what?” Myungsoo asked getting curious.

            “Let’s take turns doing household chores and cleaning your friend’s place up. In that way you can at least learn become useful and it could really become a part time job. At least by end when I take your money I wouldn’t feel half bad. ”

            “Heeey… I’m useful, in some ways” Myungsoo, “I could make good coffee.”

            “Oh yea?” Sungjong looked at his “boyfriend” with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yeah, you’re right”

            “Good, let’s eat and afterwards you do the dishes, okay?” Sungjong heftily smiled.

            “You’re just punishing me for teasing you, aren’t you?” Myungsoo asked.

            “Who me? No way! I’m just a teaching an underling some lessons.”

            “Foxy, aren’t we?”

            Sungjong stuck out his tongue like a kid hoping to tease his “boyfriend” but only ended up firing back at him as Myungsoo burst into laughter and he got called cute way too many times.

            After breakfast they rode the train to school, it was a bit crowded because of the morning rush and Myungsoo stayed close to Sungjong all the time. They were sitting together but when an elderly got on the train the younger boy gladly gave his seat up. Just seconds after, Sungjong was surprised when Myungsoo left his seat to stand beside him.

            “Why’d you stand?” he asked seeing that there’s no reason he had to give up his seat.

             “If I tell you the reason you have to kiss me” Myungsoo teased at his “boyfriend”

            “Go die” Sungjong said looking away.

 

 

.....................................IDeviant..........................................................................

Yes, yes! It's been awhile but the days that I'm gone I could only think of the story it kept (and still does) me up in night so today I'm gonna overload your system guys ! kidding