Chapter 24; Painful Truth

Two People (두 사람)

Baekhyun is having a dinner with Yoo-hee's family. With so many great dishes that cooked by Yoo-hee's mother. 

"Thank you for the meal!" Baekhyun said happily as all of them start to eat right after Yoo-hee's mother take a spoon of rice. Baekhyun put some roasted fish into Yoo-hee's bowl. 

"Thank you. You should try asparagus soup. You might like it." Yoo-hee said as she feed him to taste it. Baekhyun nods. 

"Wah.. Eommonim. You should open a restaurant." 

Yoo-hee's mother chuckled. "Is it a compliment or..?" 

Baekhyun laughs. He give her 2 thumbs up. 

"I'll be your investor and favorite costumer, Mrs. Kang." 

Yoo-hee's mother laughs. She nods happily. 

"Aigoo.. Okay, okay. I'll think about it. For now, let's just eat." 

Baekhyun nods. He take some salted octopus and eat it. 

Yeol is staring at Baekhyun since he take a seat right in front of him. Looks like Yeol is think about something.

Just then, he gain a courage to said his thoughts. 


"Noona. Can i call your husband 'hyung'?" 


Yoo-hee coughed, surprised. Baekhyun and Yoo-hee's mother also surprised to hear him. 

"Yeol!" Yoo-hee's mother said. "You should called him like that since a long time ago!" 

"But.. It feels strange. To find my noona is married to someone.." Yeol said, shrugged. Yoo-hee blinked her eyes. 

"What did you called him all this time?" 


"Noona's husband." 

 

Seol said in a sudden. All of them looking at her. 

 

"Oppa never called Baekhyun oppa 'hyung' because he's too shy to do that." 

 

Soon, a wide smile appear on Baekhyun's face. He take a look at Yeol, who is blushing now.

"Omo. So my brother in law is shy to call me hyung? Why?" 

Yeol thinks for a while. Then, he slowly glancing at Baekhyun. 


"Because you're older than me.. So old.. And i got confused to called you ahjussi or hyung." 


Baekhyun laughs. It sounds so sincerely and pure. Feels like he said what he actually feel. Baekhyun ruffles Yeol's hair. 


"Hyung, okay? Just don't call me appa." 


Everyone is laughing to such a funny moments. And it feels really warm. Like any family's conversation. Yoo-hee looking at Baekhyun, who seems really enjoy his visit. She smiles. 

 

 

"I'll pay you a visit again." Yoo-hee said to her mother. Baekhyun and Yoo-hee is going home now. Yoo-hee's mother nods. 

"I'll take care of her, eommonim. Don't worry! You can trust me!" Baekhyun said, comforting his mother in law. Yoo-hee nods in agree. She entering the car as Jongin already open the door.  

Baekhyun politely bows towards her. 

"Eommonim. She is my responsibility now. Don't worry and take care of your health." 

Yoo-hee's mother nods. Baekhyun waves his hand and enter the car. 

Just then, the window is moving as it opened. Baekhyun waving his hand into the siblings. 

"Annyeong, Yeol, Seol! Yeol ah, call me hyung, okay!" 

Yeol nods as he give him a thumbs up. Baekhyun chuckled. Soon, the car is moving. 

"What a good day.." Baekhyun said as he lean his back into the chair. Yoo-hee take a look at him. 


"I'm glad you happy about this visit." 


Baekhyun turns his head. Then, he take Yoo-hee into his embrace. 


"I'm happy if you're happy too." 


Yoo-hee smile. But soon, it's gone after she remember something. She take a look at Baekhyun. 

 

"Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun rest his chin into her head.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I met Sehun today." 


Baekhyun's face turns into serious one. He take a look at her. 


"Then? What's his reaction?" 

 

Yoo-hee thinks for a while, hesitate. She sighs. 


"He confessed to me.." 


Baekhyun can feels the anger inside his body. He rub his forehead. 

"How the hell he can said that-

"But of course, i ignored him. I didn't even think about it. When i saw him, all my body feels angry. I really wanted to slap him." 

Baekhyun take a look at her. Then, he sighs. 

 

"I never thought that you wanted to slap him." 

 

Yoo-her laughs lightly. She rest her head into Baekhyun's arms. 

 

"I also met his mother today." 

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "Uh? My aunt? How can?" 

Yoo-hee thinks for a while, unsure about it. 

"Well.. I don't know exactly why i can met her.. But she suddenly appeared at the academy." 

Baekhyun tap his chin. "So he also bring his mother from US.." 

"And what more shocking is, when she look at me, she yelled my mother's name. Saying that my mother know about them. Strange, isn't it?"

Baekhyun surprised to hear about that. He take a look at Yoo-hee. 

 

"Yelled? Know about them?" 

 

Yoo-hee nods. "I also don't understand. That's why, i come to my mother's house. But she also give me an ambiguous answer and told me to forget about it." 

Baekhyun thinks for a while. "How can my aunt knowing your mother? I don't think she knows her since she never come into our house since i was little. She only come once and that's all." 

Yoo-hee let out a sigh. "But she looks really scared.. I wonder what is actually happened.." 

Baekhyun take a look at her. Then, he hug her. 

 

"Just don't think about it, Yoo-hee ah. Let's focus on your health and our baby, okay?" 

 

Yoo-hee nods. She leans her head into Baekhyun's shoulder.  


"Yeah. Let's not think about it.. Now." 

 

 

Baekhyun walk out from the car. He hold Yoo-hee's arms to help her, but then, he take a look at her.

"You enter first. I need to call some clients." 

Yoo-hee nods. She entering the house first. Baekhyun snap his fingers, calling Jongin. 

"Yes, Director?" 

Baekhyun bit his lips. A little bit hesitated. 

"Hmm.. Can you check Sehun's background? Start from his days in US.. How he can get a work here.. And what is he doing these days." 

Jongin surprised to hear that. But, he nods. 

"I don't know why you want to do this.. But i think you have to do it." 

Baekhyun nods. He pats Jongin's shoulder.

"I trust you, Jongin." 

 

***** 

 

"Is it really delicious, eomma?" 

Sehun's mother nods. She blow the porridge in her spoon, and eat it. Sehun smile. He thinks about something. 

 

"Eomma." 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

Sehun just quiet. But then, he sighs. 


"Is the girl yesterday.. Scares you a lot?"
 

Sehun's mother suddenly quiet. Smile from her face has disappear.
 

"She looks like Kang Ji-hye." 


Sehun nods. "I know, eomma. But.." He take a glance at her. 

 

"Why are you so scared?" 


Sehun's mother blinked her eyes, fear is coming trough her body. She gulped. 


"Kang Ji-hye.. Is your father's wife, Sehun." 


Sehun trembling. So it was right. What Mrs. Jung told him must be right, too. 


Sehun build up a courage to ask more. "Then? You're his.. Wife too.." 

Sehun's mother chuckled. But, sadness is all over her face. She take a look at Sehun, and pats his hair softly. 


"I'm not.. Sehun ah. Our presence is a sin for him."


Sehun's eyes are teary. He gritted his teeth, holding back his tears. 


Sehun's mother hold her son's hand tight.

 

"Let's go back to US, and forget everything, okay?" 


Sehun's tears finally falling from his eyes. His mother also shed a tears. She hug her son, feeling sad and guilty for him. 

"I'm sorry, Sehun ah. You've living such a pathetic life all this time because of me. Now, let's go back to where we are and forget everything.. Okay? Forgive them, Sehun. They helped us a lot, you know."

Sehun lean his head into his mother's shoulder. Then, he take a look at her. 

"But.. Let me do something first.. At least to erase some of the pain. After that, we will go back to US, i promise."

 

 

Yoo-hee can't even move her head since she feels really dizzy. All she want to do just throw up. She lays on her bed, feeling weak. This morning sickness is really suffering her a lot. 

Baekhyun, Grandma Park, and Mrs. Byun is gathered to take care of her. All of them looks really worried. 

"You should go to work.." She says to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shakes his head. 

"I won't! Until you feeling well, i won't go anywhere!" 

"Yoo-hee ah, eommonim already make an abalone soup and sesame porridge, let's eat slowly, okay? You should fill up your stomach.." Mrs. Byun said as she pats her hair. Yoo-hee nods. 

Baekhyun help her to sit. He take the bowl of porridge. 

"I'll feed her, you should go back to your room." 

"Yeah, she should rest too." Grandma Park sighs. She gets up from her seat. "Let's go back, Sa-eun." 

Mrs. Byun sighs. She pats Yoo-hee's shoulder.

"Find strenght, honey. You'll be fine soon." 

Yoo-hee nods and give her a reassuring smile. 

Soon after the elder is walking out from their room, Baekhyun move his face closer to her and kiss her forehead. 

"Aigoo.. My princess. That must be hard." 

Yoo-hee chuckle. "Every woman feels that, Baekhyun. Now give me the bowl because i'm so hungry." 

Baekhyun looking at her in disbelief. "All you can think is just food?"

Yoo-hee laughs. She snatch the bowl on his hand. 

"This sure taste good. My baby craving for it." 

Baekhyun shakes his head. "Our baby." 

Yoo-hee smile. "Yes, Director. Our baby." 

Baekhyun grin. Just then, there's an incoming call. He take a look at his phone, his face is unreadable. 

"Yoo-hee ah, i'm going to answer this first."

Baekhyun said as he shows her his phone, showing the name of the caller, Kim Jongin. Yoo-hee nods. 

Soon after he reached the balcon, he answer the call. Baekhyun's expression turn into serious one. 


"Uh?" 


Jongin looks hesitated as he read a file. 

"I'm not sure if you actually know about this.."

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "What?" 

Jongin clear his throat, going to read the file. 

"Oh Sehun, born April 12, to Oh Se-yeon and Kim Jung-hoon." 

Baekhyun let out a sigh. "Yah. I also know about that." 

Jongin shakes his head. "Really? But i think.. You don't know about this." 

Baekhyun feels anger is coming into his body. He rub his forehead. 


"What is it?!" 


Jongin shut his eyes as he feels scared. Then, he sighs. 


"Kim Jung-hoon is Yoo-hee's father, Baekhyun hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

TADAAAAAA NEW UPDATES! And there'll be so many surprise, soon!