Chapter 3; Let's Get Married.

Two People (두 사람)

"I'm home." Yoo-hee said as she take off her heels. Today is such a tiring day for her. 

"Eonni? You're here!" A 7 year old girl said as she run towards her. Yoo-hee smile. 

"Seol ah. I get the choco pie for you!" Yoo-hee said. The little girl, Seol, smile happily as she grab the choco pie box. 

"Yeol oppa! We got the choco pie!" Seol said happily as she running into the living room. Yoo-hee just smile seeing her cute young sister. 

"You don't need to buy it for them! Tell me how cost is it, i'll pay you." Her mother said as she walk into the drawer to take her wallet. Yoo-hee hurrily run and hold her mother's wrist. 

"Aigoo you don't have to! I brought them this as a present." Yoo-hee said. Her mother take a look at her. 

"How is it?" 

"It's fine." Yoo-hee said. "We just have a dinner together." 

"No.. not even a dinner. I got kicked by their son."

Yoo-hee's mother relief a sigh. "I really grateful hearing it. We've never seen them in so many years you know. I'm afraid that they'll make you uncomfortable."

Yoo-hee just quiet. That's what actually she got from today. Uncomfortable, hurt, and confused. But Yoo-hee answer her mother with a reassuring smile. 


Baekhyun rest his head into his palms. He still in shocked knowing the fact that the nerdy stupid girl, is actually the one who have his grandfather's will. 

"What to do now.." Baekhyun said. He take a glass of wine and drink it. Then, he lay his back into the chair. 

"What kind of destiny is this? The bad one?" 

"You never know what will happen in life." 

Baekhyun turns his head. Jongin, his secretary is in front of him. Jongin take a seat in front of him. 

"I heard that something big is happened here. Sad that i came home too late." 

Baekhyun smirk. "Yah. How dare you tease me?!"

Jongin smile. He pour a wine for Baekhyun. 

"If you just sit here and doing nothing, you won't get your grandfather's will. You should do something to save your life now."

Baekhyun take a look at Jongin. "Then what should i do? Beg to her? That's really not me."

"Well.. You don't have to beg actually. You just need to talk in a good manner and ask her for it. That's all."

"That's all? I need to sacrifice my pride for it you fool!" Baekhyun said as he glaring to Jongin. 

"Then what will you do director! Do you want to be kicked from here? Better to prepare your luggage then." Jongin said as he stand up from his position. Baekhyun take a sharp look at him. 

"Yah! Where are you going! Yah!" 


Yoo-hee sit in the dining table alone. She's staring at the dark since the light is turn off. 

"Can't work, doesn't have any friends, fool, and now you're trying to marry me? Just do it in your stupid dream!"

"Well.. He is right actually." Yoo-hee said as she drink her coffee. She turns her head into the envelopes in front of her. 

"Grandpa, are you sure that by marry him i can change my life and feel the warmness that i've never experienced in my life?" 

Yoo-hee let out a sighs. She rest her head into her palms.

But then, Yoo-hee stand up from her position. She walk into a door that slightly ajar. Yoo-hee turns her eyes. 

Both of her siblings are sleeping peacefully. Yoo-hee smile. 

"I know what to do now. I know why i should change my life now. These two people.. They must not experiencing a life like me. They deserve to be happy." 

 

*****

 

"Seol ah, Yeol ah, let's eat!" Yoo-hee said as she prepare the breakfast for her family. Both of her siblings run from their room hurrily. 

"Yah! Kang Yeol! Use your sock first!" Yoo-hee's mother yelled as she following her son. Yeol and Seol is now sitting at the dining table waiting for their food. 

"Waah, omurice!" Yeol said happily as Yoo-hee put the food in front of him. Yoo-hee smile. 

"Eat well, Yeol." Yoo-hee said as she pat her younger brother's head. Her mother smile. 

"Yah, you don't have to cook so many things." 

Yoo-hee smile. "It's okay, mom. They must be hungry since they're not eating that much last night. Let's eat." 


Baekhyun walk downstairs as he's ready to go to office. But once he arrive in the dining room, nobody's there. There's only a maid that preparing his food. 

"Where's everyone?" Baekhyun ask to the maid as he take a seat. The maid come with a juice on her hand. 

"Mr. Byun leaving early this morning since he had to go to Japan. Mrs. Byun is in Madam Park's room to take care of her." 

Baekhyun sighs. He nods. The maid bow as she leave to do her works. Leaving Baekhyun all alone now. 

"Never in my life i eat breakfast alone. But for today, for the first time i eat alone."

Baekhyun cut the bread and eat it. He take a look at the empty seat around him. 

"And it feels really empty and sad." 

 


"When will you come home?" Yoo-hee ask to her mother while helping her sister wearing her shoes. 

"Around 7 pm. I may be late." Her mother said. She turns her head towards Seol. 

"Kang Seol, let's go."

"Annyeong eonni! Have a nice day at your office!" Seol said happily. Yoo-hee smile towards her, and nods. Her mother turns her head towards Yoo-hee. 

"Don't push yourself. Think about something that you like and comfortable, okay?" 

Yoo-hee nods. She waves towards her mother and her 2 siblings. And once they're gone, Yoo-hee's smile is gone too. 

"Let's find for a proper job, Kang Yoo-hee."

 


"You'll meet Mr. Jung from TC Electronics in 11 am, you'll have a lunch with Mr. Takashi from Osaka in 12.30 pm, you'll come into the grand opening of our store in Myeongdong in 3.30 pm- 

"Aigoo.. So many things to do." Baekhyun said as he rub his forehead. Jongin just smile. 

"If you want to save some money to rent an Apartment, you should do it." 

Baekhyun glaring at him. "Yah! Do you think i'll get kicked from my house when their only hope is just me?!" 

Jongin thinks for a while. "Well.. Seeing how you're ignored by your own family this morning.. It means that there are still any chance that you'll be kick from the house right?" 

Baekhyun let out a sigh. Actually, he also scared that he'll kick from the house. But he really doesn't have any idea. So he doesn't know what to do. Jongin take a glance at him. 

"Why don't.. We looking for her today? Do you remember what did your grandma said last night?" 

Baekhyun sigh. He rest his head into the window as he grumpily answer Jongin's question. 

"Find her!"

 


"Hello, i'm Kang Yoo-hee." Yoo-hee said as she introduce herself in front of a woman in her 40. The woman nod as she take a look at her resume. 

"So.. You play piano since 5 years old?" The woman ask. Yoo-hee nods. 

"After thinking that i may have any potential, my mother sent me into a music academy and i start to learn more about piano. I even join a resital for 8 years." 

The woman nod in satisfy. She take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"You could come tomorrow at 7 am then, Miss Kang. Glad to work with you. I'm looking forward for the future." 

Yoo-hee smile widely as she bows towards the woman. "Thank you so much! Thank you so much for the opportunity! I'll work hard!" 

Yoo-hee walk happily as she get a new job that she like and comfortable the most, a piano teacher. She take a look at the building on her back. 

"I'll work harder start from now! Just wait and see!" Yoo-hee said happily as she points her finger to the building. 

"Excuse me? Miss Kang?" 

Yoo-hee turns her head. A guy in his mid 20 is standing in front of her. He wear a nice tuxedo. 

"Oh.. Yes.. Who are you?" 

Jongin smiled brightly towards Yoo-hee. He bows towards her. 

"My master is looking for you." 

 

Yoo-hee follows Jongin eventough she is clueless. She's looking at him from head to toe. 

"Who is he? But he looks really nice? And who is his master? Why his master want to meet me?"

Jongin and Yoo-hee arrive in front of a car. Yoo-hee take a look at him confusedly. Jongin knock the door. 

"Director. She's here." 

The window is open as soon as Jongin finish his words. And a familiar guy is appear as Yoo-hee widen her eyes. 

Baekhyun is looking at her. His facial expression is same as usual: cold and rude. Yoo-hee move backwards. 

"I.. I think you find a wrong person." Yoo-hee said as she's about to run. But before she could run, Jongin grab her wrist and push her into the car. 

"Hey! Yah!" Yoo-hee said as she fall into the chair. Jongin bows towards her. 

"I'm sorry, Miss." And with that, he close the door. 

"Funny. Are you going to run after getting my grandfather's will and make a new living to take a revenge on me?" Baekhyun said sarcastically. Yoo-hee turns her head. 

"Run away to make a new living? I think you're the one who should do that, not me." Yoo-hee said coldly. 

Baekhyun smirk. "Why should i? Why? My grandfather make it hard for me to live my life now?" 

Yoo-hee sighs. She takes out the envelopes from her bag and throw it to Baekhyun. 

"Just read then." 

Baekhyun hurrily open the envelopes and he found a letter. He soon read it. 

If you read this.. So-hyun ah.. It means that i already rest happily in heaven. 

Baekhyun read it slowly. He's trying to be calm. 

So-hyun ah, thank you for raising a good son like Ji-yong. I'm really grateful about it. And even Ji-yong is now happily married and having a good son.. I'm a happy grandfather now. 

So-hyun.. We named that kid Baekhyun because we want him to be a kind-hearted and well mannered boy.. Right? He deserved many love from us and everyone around us. And now, he grow as a good guy as what we hope. 

"Kind-hearted? Well mannered?" Baekhyun said. A little smile is appear on his face. Yoo-hee take a look at him. 

But.. There's a person that can't feel a warm and pure love from a family. Kang Ji-tae.. My great bestfriend.. He leaves without even knowing that his wife is pregnant. 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "Huh? Kang Ji-tae? Who is this?" 

Ji-tae.. He leaves because of me. If just that day i was the one who got shoot.. Not him.. He must be happily seeing his grandchild growing up now. 

Do you know why we moved to Gyeonggi? Because i want to raised his daughter like the way i raised my son. I also wanted to raised his grandchild like the way i raised my grandchild. 

Baekhyun just quiet. He is trying to understand. 

But soon, his eyes are widen. 

That's why, So-hyun.. If Baekhyun is mature enough to understand a meaning of life.. I want him to marry with Ji-tae's grand daughter.. Yoo-hee. Aigoo that girl. We were there when she was born. Even Baekhyun is there too, happily seeing a beautiful girl coming into the world. 

"What.. Is this? Grandpa?.. What is this?" Baekhyun said as he can't believe it. Yoo-hee just sigh. 

Yoo-hee.. Everytime i saw her.. I saw Ji-tae inside her. I really want to tie our family to him because i owe him my life.. We should thanked him for his kindness. 

So-hyun.. If something happened towards Yoo-hee.. Give her this letter. She will know how to answer everything about her life. And if it's already the time.. Marry them. Just with that.. I can repay Ji-tae. This is not as meaningful as how Ji-tae saved me during the war.. But i think it's enough for saving Yoo-hee's life so that she could feeling the warmness from a family. 

Baekhyun turns his head towards Yoo-hee. He take a look at her in disbelief. 

So-hyun.. The company maybe only belongs to Ji-yong and Baekhyun. But my great love belongs to you, Ji-yong, my daughter in law Sa-eun, Baekhyun, and Yoo-hee.. 

Thank you, So-hyun ah. For giving me a chance to feel how meaingful is life. I'll forever with you. 

"Understand now?" Yoo-hee ask as she turns her head towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun just quiet. He thinks for a while. 

"Now, can you let me go? You can have it if you wanted and stop bothering me. About last night.. I'm still not going to forgive you-

"Let's.. Get married."

Yoo-hee surprised. She take a look at Baekhyun confusedly. But Baekhyun just quiet. 

Yoo-hee staring at Baekhyun. "Uh.. Director? What-

But before even Yoo-hee can continue her word, Baekhyun's hand is hitting the window in Yoo-hee's side as he let out his frustration. Both of them is in a close distance now. 

"Let's get married, Kang Yoo-hee." 

 

 

 

 

How is it? Hope you enjoy it! 

 

Ps: pardon my bad grammar. Just tell me directly if i make some mistakes.