Chapter 20; I.. Am..?

Two People (두 사람)

2 months later


Yoo-hee just quiet. She staring at something seriously. 

 

A testpack. She just staring at it, blankly. Doesn't know what to do. 

 


Because it shows 2 strips. 

 


"No way.." Yoo-hee said, shocked. She touch her stomach. Still can't believe about it.


"Don't say it to Baekhyun. Let's check it first to doctor." 


"Yoo-hee ah! Are you done?" Baekhyun shouted from the outside. Yoo-hee surprised. She put the testpack into a plastic bag and hide it behind her cardigan. 


Soon, the door is opened. Baekhyun is already waiting in front of the door with his towel. 

"What took you so long? Are you sleeping in there?" 

"No!" Yoo-hee said, she raised her voice a bit as she's trying hard not looking obvious. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, confused. 

"Okay?" Baekhyun said, he scratch his hair. "I'll take a bath.. Prepare my clothes." 

And with that, Baekhyun close the door. Yoo-hee let out a sigh. She hurrily put the testpack into her bag. 

 


"Jongin ssi!" Yoo-hee said slowly, but loud enough for Jongin to hear. He hurrily walk towards her. 

"Yes, madam?"

"Can you stop calling me 'madam'?" Yoo-her said, frowning. "Just call me Yoo-hee since we are at the same age."

Jongin surprised. He shakes his head. 

"Oh! I really can't do that.." He turns his head, to left.. To the right. And when he knows that nobody around him, he take a look at Yoo-hee.

"But.. Since you want it.. I'll do it when no one around here." Jongin said, grinning. "So, why'd you call me?"

Yoo-hee bit her lips. But hey, nobody can help her because Baekhyun is not giving any permission for her to take the subway or bus.. So..

"Can you.. Take me to the hospital?" 

Jongin surprised. "Eh?! Are you sick?!" 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. "No!" But then, she sighs. 

"I think.. I'm pregnant. I want to check it for sure and Baekhyun won't let me to take a bus or subway.. So can you take me to the hospital?"

Jongin's eyes widen as big as possible. He is about to shout when Yoo-hee hurrily cover his mouth.

"I'm not sure about it!" Yoo-hee said, once again. Jongin nods. 

"Woah.. Madam. Err.. I mean, Yoo-hee. That's a good news that anyone should know!" 

Yoo-hee just quiet. Then, she take a look at Jongin. 

"But.. Don't say it to Baekhyun and keep it a secret.. Okay?" 

 

 

And with that words lingering on his head, Jongin take a glance at Baekhyun, who is busy reading the news from his iPad. Jongin shakes his head. 


"You'll jump in shock and run to home if you found out that your wife is pregnant." 


"What are you looking for?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Jongin. Jongin surprised. He calmly hide his expressions. 

"Nothing.." Jongin said, lying. Then, he take a glance again at Baekhyun. 

"I'm going to take Mrs. Park to her friend's house. So, i might come to the office late." 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, surprised. "Eh? Why she doesn't use her usual driver?" 

Jongin shrugged his shoulder before he could spoil everything to Baekhyun and mentally note himself to stop thinking about it before Baekhyun can read the situation. Jongin nods slowly. 

"Let's just stick to the script, Jongin."

 

 

Yoo-hee is already waiting for Jongin to return. Just then, he arrive. Jongin hurrily run to open the door for her. 

"Director is having a meeting now which means i'll have some free time. If you want to go somewhere, just tell me." Jongin said as he looking at her trough the rearview mirror. Yoo-hee nods. 

"Thank you, Jongin ssi." 

 

 

The smell of ethanol is spreading around the hall right after the door is opened. Yoo-hee is at the hospital now. She hurrily cover her nose, feeling dizzy all of a sudden.  

"Good morning, may i help you?" Said the nurse. Yoo-hee is trying hard not to throwing up now as she cover using her handkerchief. 

"I.. I want to meet obstetricians." Yoo-hee said, slowly. The nurse looking at her pale face. 

"Mrs.. Perhaps.. Are you having a morning sickness just now?" 

Yoo-hee surprised. Morning sickness? 

"I.. Suddenly feel dizzy after entering the hospital.." 

The nurse nod, understand enough. "You must be having a morning sickness. Let me guide you to a better place." 

The nurse bring her to another section of this hospital, which have the less ethanol smell since it's the kid section, where also the obstetricians is. The nurse slowly knock the door.

"Yeah. Coming." 

The nurse open the door. A woman in her mid 50 is looking at them. 

"Doctor. She wanted to meet you but she had some morning sickness just now." 

The doctor gets up from her position. She hurrily open the curtains behind her.

"Omo. Here, put her here." 

The nurse guide Yoo-hee to the bed and help her to lean on it. Yoo-hee take a look at the nurse. 

"Thank you." 

With a smile, the nurse leave the room. Leaving the doctor and Yoo-hee. The doctor take a look at Yoo-hee as check her blood pressure. 

"Wow.. It's quite low.." The doctor said. Yoo-hee take a look at her. 

"Sure this is a morning sickness. How old is the pregnancy?" 

 

Yoo-hee bit her lips. 

 

"Actually.. I just found out this morning from the testpack. And i come here to make sure about it." 

The doctor surprised. "How can you just found out this morning?! This kind of morning sickness is supposed to come from a 2 months old pregnancy!" 

Yoo-hee surprised. She doesn't know how to react. 

The doctor nods, she sighs. "Let's have some USG then." 

 

 

Grandma Park is pray at the temple. She closed her eyes and looks really calm. But then, someone is tapping her shoulder. 

Grandma Park open her eyes and found the monk is in front of her. She bows politely towards the monk. 

"I think, a grateful moment is coming into your life." 

Grandma Park surprised, didn't expect that monk to say that. 

"Eh? Pardon?" 

 

 


Yoo-hee just quietly staring at the monitor as she's trying hard to understand what is that. The doctor nods. 

"Yeah, like what i've said earlier, this is a 2 months old pregnancy." The doctor said. She take a look at Yoo-hee. "Congratulations!" 

Yoo-hee blinked her eyes. Can't believe that it's true. 

"So.. At that monitor.. There's my child?" 

The doctor smile. She points her finger at a little spot on the right side. 

"You see this spot? This is the baby's heart." 

Yoo-hee can't help but gasp. She touch her stomach softly, trying to feelher baby's heart.

"I.. I didn't feel anything.." 

"It's still too early to can feel it." The doctor said. She lay her back into the chair. "The baby is still build up it's heart. Just wait, soon you can feel it." 

Yoo-hee can't help but cry as she staring at the monitor. That little spot is actually a heart of a human. 

"I'm sorry. I'm being so sensitive." Yoo-hee said as she wipe her tears. The doctor smile wisely.

"That's what exactly every mother's reaction. I've seen it around billion times." 

Yoo-hee chuckle. She take a look at the monitor again, where her and Baekhyun's child is there. She can't help but smile.

 

 


"Where's Jongin?" Baekhyun said as he looking at his watch. It's already 10.55 am and he still not showing up. 

Baekhyun lean his back into his chair. He cross his arms. 

"Just wait and see, Kim Jongin. I'll send you right to the hell if you're not coming for work today." 

Seems like Jongin know Baekhyun is nagging a lot by now because now he slowly open the door. Baekhyun turns his head. Jongin is coming while lowering his head. 

"I.. I'm sorry.. Director." 

Baekhyun rub his forehead. "Grandma's friend house must be near Busan since you took a long time to take her." 

Jongin just quiet, not paying any attention actually because if he knows why he was late today, he might be thanked him and let him have a rest today because he did a really really good job today. 

Just right when Baekhyun is about to throw another nag, his phone is ringing. Baekhyun hurrily answer the call. 

 

"Yoo-hee ah." 

 

Yoo-hee bit her lips to prevent her laughing or say something stupid. She take a breath. 

 

"When will you come home?"

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. He take a look at the clock.

 

"It just 11 in the morning, and yet you already miss me?" 

 

Yoo-hee chuckle. She take a look at the USG result. She smile. 

 

"Hurry come home Mr. Byun Baekhyun~"

 

Baekhyun laughs. But then, he smirks. 

 

"Kang Yoo-hee, we just did it around a week ago and yet you want it again?" 

 

Jongin holding his laughter. He cover his mouth using the document. 

 

"Aigoo this stupid guy. Don't you know you're a father now?" 

 

Yoo-hee chuckle in disbelief. "Yah! How can you said that casually?! You're at the office now!" 

Baekhyun laughs. "No one would hear since there's only Jongin here."

Yoo-hee just quiet. She's trying hard to hold her laugh. 

 

"Whatever. Just come home early, okay?" 

 

Baekhyun staring at his phone. "Yah.. Kang Yoo-hee.. She miss me that much?" 

Jongin bit his lips, trying to hide his laugh. He clear his throat. 

 

"Director.. Perhaps.. What will you do if you become a father?" 

 

Baekhyun surprised. He take a look at Jongin. 


"What a sudden question." 


"I just wondering will you keep nagging like this.." 

Baekhyun laughs. "Do you think i will nag to my baby? Of course not! If i become a father.."

Jongin take a look at Baekhyun, observing him. 

 

"I'll make all my child wish come true. Giving all my love for them. Nothing more important than my child."

 

Jongin just quiet. Slowly, his lip forming a smile. 

 

"He will be a good father, i know it." 

 

"Then, you should come home early." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WOW ANOTHER SUBSCRIBERS😂 i'm crying thank you so much for all your loveee!