Chapter 6; The Day Has Arrive

Two People (두 사람)

D-Day

Baekhyun is busy wearing his tie. He take a look at himself in the mirror. 

"You're a married man now, Byun Baekhyun."  

Baekhyun let out a sigh. He take a glance at the clock. It still 30 minutes left. 

"Should i run now before i regret it? Or should i jump to the sea?" 

"Don't ever think of running away!" Mrs. Byun said as she passing him to get her bag. Baekhyun sighs. Feels like he's being slap by his mother's word. 

Mrs. Byun take a look at him. "So i was right then."

"Eomma!" Baekhyun said, whining. Mrs. Byun laughs. 

"Now, i want to check my daughter first. See you at the altar!" 

Baekhyun gasped. How can his mother is more excited to see Yoo-hee? 

"Well.. Me too. Excited to see how she looks." 

 


Yoo-hee sit in the waiting room while holding her flower bucket. She look really pretty as she tie her hair in a simple ponytail. Yoo-hee turns her head into the door as she hears a voice of someone behind the door.

"Eonni!" 

Yoo-hee laughs. Seol, Yeol, and her mother is coming towards her. 

"Omo. So i gave birth to a goddess." Her mother said as she looking at her daughter. Yoo-hee smile. 

"You just realize it today?" Yoo-hee said as she mother. 

"Are you sure you're not going to regret this?" Her mother said as she pat Yoo-hee's hair. Yoo-hee nod. 

"Even if i regret this.. What else i can do? There's no turning back now." 

Yoo-hee's mother nod. She hug her daughter. 

"I'm gonna miss your food."

Yoo-hee take a look at her mother. "Eomma!" 

"Omo.. Where's my pretty daughter?" Mrs. Byun said as she entering the room alongside with Grandma Park. Yoo-hee turns her head, and smile. 

"Aigoo! Look at how pretty is she!" Grandma Park said happily as she walk closer towards Yoo-hee. Mrs. Byun shakes her head. 

"Really.. Ji-hye eonni. You really gave birth to a princess." 

Yoo-hee laughs as she shy hearing the compliment. 

"Thank you, eommonim." 

"Ah!" Grandma Park said as she remember something. "So, who will take you to the altar?" 

"My cousin will do it. Since he was the closest family member to us." Yoo-hee's mother said. Grandma Park thinks for a while. 

"Which cousin?.."


"Yah.. You're growing up so well, Yoo-hee." Her uncle said as he take a look at her. Yoo-hee smile. 

"I know since your mother decided to stay with the Byun's family, her life will be full of luck. Lucky her." 

"Uncle." Yoo-hee said as she take a look at him. "Why did my surname is "Kang" when my father is actually a "Kim"? I should be Kim Yoo-hee, right?" 

Her uncle shakes his head. "Your father? Heol. Don't even talk about him when he just raising you poorly and leaving your mother pregnant with your siblings!" 

Yoo-hee laughs. "Thank you, uncle."

"It's already my duty to take care of you and your siblings." His uncle said. "But, your mother suddenly moved to Seoul and we can't contact her for 5 years. Thankfully, we suddenly met at the station." 

Yoo-hee laugh as she hear her uncle's story. Then, she link her arms towards him. 

"Can you be the one who will take Seol to the altar too?" 

Her uncle nods. "I will. Don't worry about it and just live a happy life. Let's go!" 

And soon, as their conversation ends, the door is open. Everyone is looking at their direction. 

Slow but sure, Yoo-he take a step moving closer to Baekhyun, who already wait for her. Yoo-hee take a glance at her uncle. 

"Uncle. Thank you." 

Her uncle nod as he's trying to holding back his tears.

"Don't say anything! I'm going to cry, you know!" 

Yoo-hee chuckle. She turns her head, and her eyes meet with Baekhyun's eyes. 

"I.. I can't run anymore. The reality is right in front of me." 

Yoo-hee is now standing in front Baekhyun. Her uncle hold her hand tight as he take a look at Yoo-hee, and he nods. Then, he place her hand into Baekhyun's hand. 

Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-hee. Then, both of them facing the pastor. 

The pastor start to read the vow.

"Do you, Byun Baekhyun, will take Kang Yoo-hee, as your lawfully wife, and will stay by her side in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, and will always love her for the rest of your life as your only woman?" 

Baekhyun take a deep breath. He turns his head to the Pastor. 

"I do." 

Yoo-hee's heart skip a beat after hearing Baekhyun words. She take a deep breath. 

The pastor take a look at Yoo-hee now. "Do you, Kang Yoo-hee, will take Byun Baekhyun, as your lawfully husband, and will stay by his side in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, and will always love him for the rest of your life as
 your only man?" 

Yoo-hee blinks her eyes. She take a glance at Baekhyun. 

"There's no turning back, Kang Yoo-hee."

"I do."

Grandma Park looks relieved. Her eyes are teary. 

The pastor smile towards them. "You can kiss your bride." 

Everyone is shouting in joy as they hear the pastor's words. Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Hey. Just do it like what we already practiced last night, okay?" 

Yoo-hee thinks for a while. "Okay. Remember, just touching. And act with all your heart." 

Baekhyun nods towards Yoo-hee as he give her a sign. Yoo-hee also nods towards him. And soon, Baekhyun is moving his face closer towards Yoo-hee, and he give a "not-so-called-kiss-as-he-just touch-her-lips-with-his-lips-without-feeling-anything". Everyone is clapping their hand in satisfied. 

Yoo-hee and Baekhyun now facing the all the guests. Both of them smiling happily. 

Or actually, they're trying to look happy. 

"Congratulation. You're now a married woman and soon will turn into a slave." Baekhyun said as he keep smiling, without even looking at Yoo-hee. 

"Let's see. Am i going to be a slave or you'll become the one." Yoo-hee said. 

Baekhyun turns his head towards Yoo-hee. "Now.. Shall we walk out from here and end this good drama?" 

Yoo-hee take a look at him. She link her arm towards Baekhyun's. 

"Sure. Let's end this quickly." 

Both Baekhyun and Yoo-hee take a step as they bow towards the guests. The two still faking their smile towards everyone. 

 

*****

 

"Waa. Jeju-do. Looks really pretty." Yoo-hee said as she bring her luggage. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

"What's pretty? It's dark outside and you can't see anything."

Yoo-hee sighs. "People like you would never appreciate every little things." 

"Yeah. Whatever." Baekhyun said lazily as he unlock their bedroom. And as the door opened, a cake appears with a post it on top of the table. Baekhyun walk to read the post it. 

Happy birthday, son! Enjoy your honeymoon and be happy! See you in Seoul 💕💕💕💕💕 -Eomma, Appa, Grandma Park, and Kang Eomma. 

"Childish." Baekhyun said as he crumble the post it. Yoo-hee walk closer towards him.

"Wah! Cake!" Yoo-hee said happily. Baekhyun turns his eyes towards her. 

"Are you that happy? Blow the candles then." 

Yoo-hee take a look at him confusedly. She shrugged her shoulder, and blow the candles happily. 

Baekhyun open the curtains and soon he meet the darkness. He's staring at the outside for a while. 

"Birthday? I declarated to my self that i wouldn't celebrate it again." 

Baekhyun let out a sigh. Then, he throw the crumble post it into the table.

Yoo-hee take a look at around her. Then, she turns her head towards Baekhyun, who looks gloomy. 

"What's wrong? I thought he would just sleeping right after we arrived and i can happily spend my time in bath tub." 

"You.. Are you going to use the bathroom first?" Yoo-hee ask. Baekhyun turns his head. 

"You can use it first." 

 


Yoo-hee soak herself in the bath tub which is full of bubbles. She happily playing around with the bubbles and sometimes, she blow it. But then, she think of something. 

"Why he look so gloomy? I wonder if something happened." 

And just right then, Yoo-hee remember something. 

"Ah right! Today is his birthday!" 

"Ah stupid!" Yoo-hee said as she slap her forehead. "And i was the one who blew the candles, instead of him. Oh i'm such a fool!" 


Baekhyun sit at the couch. He let out a sigh. 

"So i realize now why my mother insist to do this during my birthday. So that she can secretly celebrate it alongside with the wedding party." 
 
"Oh fool.." Baekhyun said as he rub his forehead. He grumpily hug the pillow. 

"Hey.. Baekhyun. Are you not going to change your clothes?" 

Baekhyun turns his head. But then, he suddenly blushing.

Yoo-hee is in her bathrobe, showing her perfect figure and tiny waist. Her hair is half wet as she just dry it using the towel.

Baekhyun can't help but gasp. Seems like he can't thinking straight. 

"You're not going to change?" Yoo-hee ask once again. Baekhyun take a look at her. He's trying to control his expression. 

"I.. I will." Baekhyun said as he gets up from his position. He hurrily walk into the bathroom. But then, he stops right beside Yoo-hee. 

"Hurry wear your pajamas. I'm a man too, you know?" 

And with that, Baekhyun entering the bathroom. Leaving Yoo-hee dumbfounded. But just then, she realize something. 

"Byun Baekhyun!!!!!" 

 


"Why my heart is beating faster?!" Baekhyun said as he lean his body into the door. He eavesdropping behind the door. Yoo-hee is screaming in embarrassed.

Baekhyun laughs. Then, he take a look at himself in the mirror. 

"Happy birthday, Baekhyun." 


Baekhyun walk out from the bathroom, topless. He only wear the towel to covering his lower body. Yoo-hee is already laying her body in the bed. But when Baekhyun take a look at her, she hurrily covering herself in a blanket. 

"Why? Are you afraid that i'll do anything to you?" Baekhyun said playfully. Yoo-hee rolled her eyes. 

"Don't you dare!" 

"But i'm your husband. I can do whatever i want, right?" 

But right before Yoo-hee could yell again, she remember something. She take a look at Baekhyun. 

"Ah.. Uh.. Right. Happy birthday." 

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He take a look at her. 

"Birthday? Who is having a birthday today?" 

Yoo-hee blinked her eyes. "Aren't you the one who having a birthday today-

"Go to sleep. I need to work." Baekhyun said in sudden. Yoo-hee close . Then, she nods. 

"I'll sleep then. Good night." Yoo-hee said as she start to lean her head into the pillow. Soon, she already sleeping. 

Baekhyun open her laptop and start doing his work. And after 2 hours of work, he stretch his body. 

" to always work wherever you are."
Baekhyun said as he get up from his position. He take a look at Yoo-hee. And soon, smile is forming on his lips. 

"You did a great job today." Baekhyun said as he fix the blanket. And he pats her shoulder softly. 

"Good night."