Chapter 5; First Date

Two People (두 사람)

Yoo-hee is sitting at the living room alone. She can't sleep eventough tomorrow is her first day teaching in Music Academy. Yoo-hee keep thinking about the dinner. Will her mother agree to it? 

Flashback 

"Yeah. We're going to marry Baekhyun with Yoo-hee." Mr. Byun said. Yoo-hee's mother just quiet, as she was too shocked. 

"Ji-yong ah. Honestly, i really don't know how to answer or how react now." Yoo-hee's mother said. Mr. Byun nod in understand. 

"I understand your feeling since it's really sudden.. But i'm sorry. It's my father's will." 

Yoo-hee's mother widen her eyes. "Is.. Is it uncle's will?!" 

Grandma Park nod. "I truly understand that it's really sudden. But still, it's Joon-kyu's will, Ji-hye ah. And we can't help but say yes to it." 

Yoo-hee's mother nod slowly. She take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Can.. Can i talk to her first? Give me some times to think about it." 

Flashback end 

Yoo-hee just quiet. It must be hard for her mother, right? When your daughter suddenly has to married someone because of a will.. When you really wanted to disagree but you can't help but ro agree with it. Yoo-hee let out a sigh. If she was her mother, she will gladly say no and move to another country where they can't find her. 

But it was her. Yoo-hee's mother. Both Grandma Park and Grandpa already take care of her since she was 5 years old. She grew up with them. It's not easy to not obey them when they give you so much. And now.. It must be really hard for Yoo-hee's mother. 

"Yoo-hee ah." Her mother said as she peeking up behind the door. Yoo-hee turns her head.

"Want to sleep with me tonight?" 

Yoo-hee is lay on the bed beside her mother. Yoo-hee's mother turns her eyes towards her. 

"Let's see.. Yah.. You're growing up so big now that my bed is not long enough for you." Her mother said. Yoo-hee laughs. 

"I'm 27 this year, eomma." Yoo-hee said. Her mother nods. 

"So.. You're already mature enough to take care of a family.. Right?" 

Yoo-hee just quiet. She take a look at her mother. 

"When Ji-yong said that he wanted you to marry his son.. Actually i don't know how to react. Am i grateful? Am i angry? Or am i too happy? I really don't know what to do because it happens too sudden." 

Yoo-hee thinks for a while. "It's also a hard time for me, eomma. When you have to suddenly marry a guy you don't even know well."

"And someone who used to be my long time crush."

Yoo-hee's mother take a look at her. "But.. Uncle Joon-kyu.. I really owe him everything. He take a good care of me when my father and my mother left me like that. When i think that my world is going to crash.. They help me a lot. He is really meant to me." 

Yoo-hee just quiet.

"But.. I think.. They'll take a good care of you, like what they did to me. They also won't dare to do something bad to you since you're my child and the most of all.. You're the one that they pick. So.. I will say yes."

Yoo-hee turns her head towards her mother. She surprised. 

"Eo.. Eomma?"

"I'll say yes. Happily say yes. My daughter is gonna be happy so i'll say yes." 

Yoo-hee lean her head into her mother's shoulder. Tears is slowly fall from her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, eomma. It must be hard for you." 

Yoo-hee's mother shake her head. "Not hard at all.. If i want my daughter to be happy.. I can do anything and say yes to whatever makes her happy." 

Yoo-hee take a look at her mother. She smile. 

"Eomma. One thing you should know is.. I may not as happy as you think." 

 

*****

 

"Baekhyun ah! Let's have a breakfast!" Mrs. Byun said loudly. Baekhyun hurrily run into the dining room. But then, he gasp. There are so many food. Baekhyun take a look at his mother. 

"Eomma, what is this? Are we going to feed all of my employer or what?"

Mrs. Byun flicked her son's forehead as she put the spoon on top of the dining table. 

"Aigoo.. You fool. Of course it's because my son is going to be married! That's why i prepared all of this! When will i cook for you again?" 

Baekhyun rub his forehead. "Aish! But we will stay at this house! I'm not going to move anywhere!" 

Mrs. Byun chuckle. "Yeah.. Actually you're right.. But soon you're not my guy anymore! You'll be someone's guy!" 

Baekhyun let out a sigh. Then, he nods. "Alright.. I lost to Madam Oh." 

Mrs. Byun laugh. She take a look at her watch. 

"Yah! Don't forget to pick Yoo-hee! She is going to try the wedding dress! Hurry eat!"

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "Aigoo. Yes, yes Madam Oh." 

 


"Okay.. Let's start from chord A!" Yoo-hee said. All the student following her instruction and soon, we can hear a "la" sounds from the piano. Yoo-hee nods in satisfy. 

"Now.. Let's play Ave Maria." Yoo-hee said. Not long after that, her phone is vibrating. She takes out her phone from her jeans's pocket. 

Hurry. We need to see the wedding dress. -Baek

Yoo-hee thinks for a while. She forget about it. But thankfully, their class is over now. She hurrily run to take her things and walk out from the class. 

"Yah! Why are you so slow! Hurry up!" Baekhyun said as he shout from the car. Yoo-hee hurrily run and get into the car. Baekhyun take a look at his watch. 

"You're so late. Are you planning for runaway?"

Yoo-hee sighs. She even still trying to catch her breath.

"Whatever. Let's go." 


Grandma Park, Mrs. Byun, and Yoo-hee's mother is waiting in front of the fitting room as they wait for Yoo-hee and Baekhyun. Grandma Park looks nervous. And suddenly, the male fitting room's door is opened. 

Baekhyun is walking with a confident. He fix his tuxedo. 

"Aigoo! My handsome son!" Mrs. Byun giggles happily. Baekhyun just sigh.

"Aigoo, Madam Oh. Are you my fans?" Baekhyun said as he teasing his mother. Mrs. Byun take a look at him happily.

"Yeah. Your biggest fan ever."

Then, the female fitting room's door is opened. Yoo-hee take a little step to walk out from there as she feels shy. 

When actually, she looks like a goddess for someone who's really amazed by her now.

Baekhyun is looking at her without even blinking his eyes. He can't help but just staring at her. 

"Aigoo.. My pretty daughter in law!" Mrs. Byun said as she turns her eyes towards Yoo-hee. Yoo-hee just smile. 

"How.. Is.. It?" Yoo-hee ask towards the 3 happy woman. And all of them nod in a union as they say yes to this gown 

Yoo-hee walk closer towards Baekhyun. She take a look at him. 

"Is it comfortable for you?" Yoo-hee ask. Baekhyun nods. 

"Thankfully, it suit me perfectly." Baekhyun said as he trying to keep his expression. He take a look at Yoo-hee.

"You.. Look good? Amazingly, thanks to that wedding dress, you look good." 

Yoo-hee raised her eyebrows and lazily nod her head. 

"Yeah. Whatever." 

Baekhyun just quiet as Yoo-hee walk back into the fitting room to change her clothes. He let out a sigh. 

"But i'm not lying. You look good."

 


"I need to go back to the office now." Baekhyun said towards Grandma Park. Grandma Park take a look at him. 

"Hey. Just take a break for a while! I'll call your father, so have a date with Yoo-hee!" 

Baekhyun shocked. "Date?! Why should i?!" 

"I already brought 2 tickets for cinema. Have a good time!" Grandma Park said as she waves her hand towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighs. Not long after that, Yoo-hee walk closer towards him. 

"Uh.. Grandma gave this to me." Yoo-hee said as she shows the ticket to Baekhyun. Baekhyun take a look at it, he let out a sigh. 

"I'm busy. Watch it by yourself." 

Yoo-hee just quiet. Then, she nods. 

"Okay. I'll go now." Yoo-hee said as she start to take a few steps from Baekhyun. Baekhyun turns his head. He take a look at her. 

 

Baekhyun is already on his way to the office. But he seems to have a deep thought now. Jongin turns his eyes towards him. Seems like he notice that actually, Baekhyun doesn't want to go back to the office. 

"Director. Where do you want to go?" Jongin ask. Baekhyun thinks for a while. Then, he lay his back into the chair. 

"Let's.. Go to the cinema." 

 


"What should i eat now?" Yoo-hee said happily as she choose her own snack. She is at the cinema now. She take a look seriously at the menu. 

"One nachos with extra cheese."

Yoo-hee turns her head. Then, she shocked as she see Baekhyun beside her. 

"Why.. Why are you here?!" Yoo-hee ask. Baekhyun turns his head.

"People come to cinema to watch movie. Why? Should i come to here to buy a shoes?" Baekhyun said sarcastically. Yoo-hee sighs. 

"Okay.. Whatever." 

Baekhyun smirk as he won. Then, he turns his head again towards Yoo-hee.

"What.. What do you want to eat?" 

"Seat number 11 and 12.." Yoo-hee said as she pointing at the number in each chair. Baekhyun take a look at it, and hurrily take the chair number 12. Yoo-hee take a look at him in disbelief. 

"No one will snatch your chair. Why should you sit in a hurry?" 

"Just sit and stop nagging." Baekhyun said as he busy eating his nachos. Yoo-hee rolled her eyes. Then, she sit beside him. 

The movie start and only Baekhyun is the one who exciting because it's a horror movie. Baekhyun clap his hands in excitement. Then, he turn his head towards Yoo-hee, who's trying to cover her ears as the horror sound hearing. 

Baekhyun think of something. Then, he take off his blazer and throw it to Yoo-hee. 

"Wear it. That tiny hand can't even covering your big ears." 

Yoo-hee take a look at Baekhyun. "You're kind actually. But the way you talk make everyone think the opposite way."

"Be quiet." Baekhyun said without even glancing at her. "Just watch the movie, Yoo-hee." 

The movie is start and Baekhyun is seriously watching it. It come into the and he's really excited. When suddenly, he can feel something is leaning into his shoulder.

Baekhyun turns his head, and he gasp. Yoo-hee is sleeping while leaning her head into his shoulder. 

Baekhyun just quiet. He can't help but staring at her. 

"I think every woman is the same: they can look pretty once they wear make up or wearing a pretty dress." 

Baekhyun keep staring at Yoo-hee. And maybe, he is forget about the film now. 

"But for this girl, she looks pretty everytime i stare at her. Not just when she wear make up or pretty dress.. But everytime i blink my eyes, i found her pretty." 

Baekhyun just quiet. But then, smile is forming on his lips.  

"I think.. You success to melt a part of me, Kang Yoo-hee."

 

 

 

 

How is it? 🙈 Actually i'm a little bit afraid because maybe it still too early for Baekhyun to like her.. But i will make it to look like a tsundere feel😂 Enjoy!