Chapter 13; I Love Her More Than I Could Imagine

Two People (두 사람)

Yoo-hee is in the kitchen. She hold the table as she's trying to catch her breath. It feels really heavy and full of pain. She punch her chest to wipe away that feeling, but nothing changed. She sighs. 

"Just then, i realize that this is too normal. I know something will going on soon, but still.. I don't know how to react until that happened."

Yoo-hee take a deep breath. She's trying to hold back her tears. 

"And it happened. Just after i start to lean my head on his shoulder. Right when i start to follow my heart. It happened."


Baekhyun walk downstairs. His parents and Grandma Park is already finish their food. Baekhyun turns his head to see Yoo-hee, who is washing the dish. 

"Have a breakfast, Baekhyun ah." Grandma Park said as she get up from her position. Baekhyun take a look at her, then, he turns his head towards Yoo-hee again. 

"Oh.. Yeah.." Baekhyun said as he is about to take a seat, when suddenly, Yoo-hee finish her works. 

"I'm going to clean the room, Grandma." Yoo-hee said. Then, she bow towards her and hurrily walk leaving the dinner room. 

"Ah.. I think i'm late. I'm going now, Grandma." Baekhyun said as he push the chair and hurrily bow towards her. Grandma Park raised her eyebrows, confused. 

"Is there something happened between them?" 

 

 

Yoo-hee open the door. She slowly close it and lean her head into the door. She close her eyes. 

"I want to go home." Yoo-hee said as tears fall into her cheek. Yoo-hee punch her chest.

"I want to go home. It feels hurt to be here. I miss eomma and my siblings. I want to be with them." 

Yoo-hee cover her face so she won't make any noise. She just crying. 

And this morning start her painful journey. She just need someone to finally man up about his true feelings to end the journey.  

 

 

Baekhyun just quiet. He keep thinking about Yoo-hee. How does she feel? It must be hurting her a lot, right? 

"Director.. Are you okay?" Jongin said as he take a glance at Baekhyun. But Baekhyun just quiet. 

"She must be hurted a lot. I was wrong. It's my fault." 

"It's my fault.." Baekhyun said. Jongin raised his eyebrows. 

"Pardon?" 

"It's my fault. It's my fault.." 

 


We need to talk. Meet me at 9 am. I'll send the address. -Baekhyun

Ye-seul widen her eyes in disbelief when she read the message. She can't help but smile widely. She hurrily run into her wardrobe and take out so many clothes. She thinks for a while. 

"Which one that makes me look pretty?" 

 


Baekhyun is already at the cafe. He lowering his head while planning something on his head. 

"Tell the truth and leave." Baekhyun said on his mind. He nods. 

 

"Here, your favorite Americano." 

 

Baekhyun turns his head. It's Ye-seul. She take a seat in front of him. 

"The moment i come to Korea again.. I know i won't regret it." She said. Baekhyun just quiet. 

 

"Song Ye-seul." 

 

Ye-seul take a look at Baekhyun. "Hmm?" 

"I called you here just to make clear some things between us." Baekhyun said. He take a look at Ye-seul. 

 

"I'm a married man now." 

 

Soon, a smile drop from Ye-seul's face. She chuckle, disbelief. 

"Are you.. Kidding? Are you saying this just to make me stop looking for you?" 

Baekhyun nods. "I'm not kidding. You can check to the borough office and see my marriage certificate." 

"..And yeah. I won't deny it that i'm saying this to make you stop looking for me." Baekhyun said as he trying to not looking at her. Ye-seul chuckle. 

 

"Baekhyun. Do you know that i sacrifice my career just to see you?"

 

Baekhyun turns his eyes. "I'm not asking you to sacrifice that damn swimming career just to see me." 

"Byun Baekhyun!" 

"Then stop bothering me!" Baekhyun said as he raised his voice. He glares at her. "Our relationship is over because of your ambition. And what? You want to see me? You screw your career? That's your problem. Don't bring me into your life anymore." 

Ye-seul just quiet. Her eyes are teary now. 

"Can't i.. Achieving my dream? You know that i have nothing more than swimming in my life, right?" 

Baekhyun sighs. He close his eyes. 

"Stop saying that it's dream- 

"Don't you know how much i suffer a lot after leaving you?! At first, i can handle it easily and swimming like nothing happened. But these days.. I can't handle it anymore. I lose everything." 

Baekhyun open his eyes. He take a look at her. 

Ye-seul start to cry. "I lost on my last championship." She said as she wipe her tears. "My coach said that maybe i won't swim anymore. She said she need to think twice to give me any chance. But then.. She replaced me. Just because i lost for 2 times." 

Baekhyun just quiet. 

"I thought my life was crumble in just a second. I don't have anything now. All i have is just myself. And with that, i'm taking a big step to go back to Korea. I thought i can live happily there. But.."

Ye-seul take a look at Baekhyun.

 

"I think i made such a stupid decision." 

 

Baekhyun let out a sighs. Then, he laughs. 

"You know? I almost fall into your story. But someone help me to thinking straight." 

Baekhyun take a look at Ye-seul.

 

"My wife. She saved me from falling into you." 

 

Ye-seul just quiet. Baekhyun smile. 

"My wife.. Altough we were arranged to married.. She's trying hard to understand me. She never give up to taking care such a rude guy like me. She always wait for me and treat me better than my mom did." 

Baekhyun turns his head. "And i hurted her this morning because of your message. That damn messages.." 

Ye-seul surprised. She hold her dress tight. 

"It hurts both of me and her. I can't even say anything to her. I don't know how she felt. I don't know how to explain it. I feel guilty about that. I'm such a bad person to let my wife hurted." 

Baekhyun gets up from his position, Ye-seul turns her head.

"I think it's enough to make things clear between us. Don't screw your life and run now to catch a plane before you regret it." 

With that, Baekhyun leave Ye-seul. Ye-seul still digest Baekhyun's words. But then, she take a look at him.

 

"Do you.. Love your wife?" 

 

Baekhyun stop on his tracks. Then, he turns his head. 

 

"I love her more than i could imagine." 

 


Yoo-hee leans her head into the wall as she just quiet. She can't think straight right now. Her mind was filled by any bad thoughts and her body feels heavy and painful as if she can fall anytime. 

"It's so bright out there, but why it feels really gloomy in here?" 

Yoo-hee turns her eyes. Sehun is approaching her.

"Hey. Are you okay, cousin?" 

Yoo-hee just nod as she gives him a reassuring smile. But Sehun raised his eyebrows.

"Is something happened? For a second, i think that smile was forced." 

Yoo-hee just quiet as it looks like she agree to Sehun's statement. Sehun sighs. He take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"What's happened?" 

Just then, Yoo-hee's tears are falling again. Sehun just quiet. He walks closer towards her. 

"I'm sorry." Yoo-hee said as she lowering her head. "I can't tell it because i want to forget it." 

Sehun take a look at her. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me anything. But if you don't mind.. You can lean on my shoulder." 

And with that, Yoo-hee leans her head into Sehun's shoulder. She cry as much as she can. Sehun pats her shoulder softly. 

"I don't know what happens.. But if you need a shoulder to cry.. I'm ready. Don't worry. I will always ready for you." 

Yoo-hee just cry on Sehun's shoulder. Sehun let out a sigh. He take a look at her. 

"Yeah.. I will always ready for you." 

 


Baekhyun is checking some documents on his office when someone is knocking on the door. 

"Come in." Baekhyun said as he keep reading the documents. Jongin slowly enter the room. 

Jongin walk approaching Baekhyun's table. Then, he bow towards him. 

"Are you looking for me?" 

Baekhyun turns his head. But just then, his phone is ringing. Baekhyun take a glance at it. 

"Aigoo. What again now." 

"What?" Baekhyun said lazily as he answer the call. 

"I think it's wrong to end up like this. Let's have a drink after you finish your works. I'll wait. Come to our usual bar." 

Baekhyun sighs. He hung up the call and throw his phone. Jongin surprised. 

"Such a bad day to meet with her again!" Baekhyun nag. Jongin take a look at him. 

"Are you fight with madam?" 

Baekhyun take a glance towards Jongin. "It's Song Ye-seul. And stop calling Yoo-hee madam." 

Jongin thinks for a while. "Then, what should i call her?"

"Whatever." Baekhyun said as he lay his back into the chair. Jongin turns his head. 

"By the way, why are you so angry? Is that Song Ye-seul say something crazy?" 

Baekhyun sighs. "She ask me to have a drink with her." 

"Really?!" Jongin said, surprised. Baekhyun glaring at him. 

"Lower your voice, Kim Jongin!"

Jongin cross his arms. "Why she ask you for a drink?"

But then, something is flashing around his head. Jongin take a look at Baekhyun. 

"Director. I don't think she just asking you for some drink." 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "Huh?" 

Jongin thinks for a while. Then, he turns his head. 

"I think it's a trap. It's not usual for an ex girlfriend ask you to drink with her. And it's Song Ye-seul. We know her as a-

"Queen of Ambition." Baekhyun said as he take a look at Jongin. Jongin nods. 

"Director. We need to plan something. It could be dangerous." 

Baekhyun take a look at Jongin. He thinks about it. 

 

 

"Are you feeling better now?" Sehun said as he give a cup of coffee to Yoo-hee. Both of them is sitting at the bench near Han River. Yoo-hee smile. 

"Thank you. Because of you." 

Sehun just quiet. He take a seat beside Yoo-hee.

"Whenever i feel sad.. I always come to here to clear my mind." Sehun said. Yoo-hee nods. She let out a sigh. 

"That heavy and painful feeling is already gone. But still.. It left a wound for me." 

Sehun take a look at her. "Actually, i really curious about your problem.. But seems you don't bother to tell it." 

Yoo-hee smile. She take a look at Sehun. 

"It's not mature to tell your problem to anyone."

"But i'm not anyone." Sehun said. "I also part of your family. We're cousins." 

Yoo-hee lowering her head. "I'm not a type that open up my mind that easy."

"I think you should now." Sehun said. He take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Seeing how broken you are today, i realize maybe you holding it on your mind for a long time. That's not good."

Yoo-hee just quiet. Then, she smile. 

"Yeah.. Maybe i hold it for too long. Not telling him about how actually i feel. How sad and disappointed i was this morning." 

"Thank you." 

Sehun turns his head. "Huh?"

Yoo-hee take a look at Sehun. "To wake me up. Maybe.. You were right. I need to open up." 

 


"I need.. To open up."