Chapter 22; Something Between Us

Two People (두 사람)

Sehun just quiet. Deep in his heart, he glad to see her again after 2 months. But also, he afraid to see her. 

 

Afraid she would know everything and turn her back, like anyone else did. He doesn't want it to happened. 

 

But now, it seems clear to him why she suddenly move and never showing up for 2 months. Or maybe, she want it more than 2 months when her luck decided to betrayed her as she met him now. 

 

Yoo-hee glaring at him. Feel the pain that come again. The pain when Baekhyun struggling to maintain his pride.


"You.. Found out about it?" 

 


Sehun looks pale. His finger is trembling due to his nervous. Yoo-hee just quiet. She cocked her head. 

 


"Do you think i was that fool?" 

 


Sehun gulped. "Yeah, she definetely know everyrthing." 


"It's all my fault and my foolish mind. I'm sorry." 

 

Yoo-hee let out a sigh in disbelief. She make a stern look towards Sehun.

 

"The one that you should apologized to is Baekhyun, my husband, not me." Yoo-hee said. "Why are you being a coward like this?" 


Coward. That one word hit him right into his pride. 


Sehun turns his eyes towards Yoo-hee, who doesn't even blink. Right when he see her eyes, he suddenly remember Baekhyun. Both of them look exactly the same when angry. 

 

Sehun trying to erase the tense. He laughs lightly. 

 

"Yeah.. I'm a coward. A coward who fall in love to my cousin's wife and doing something stupid because of his anger, but now, he got nothing but hate. Especially, from a girl he love." 

 

Yoo-hee shocked to hear Sehun's confession. She hold her bag more tight.

 

Sehun take a look at Yoo-hee. He chuckled. 

 

"I'm glad to see you again." 

 

Yoo-hee just quiet as anger controlled her body. She just staring at Sehun. 

 

"How can you laugh at this moment?" 

 

Sehun's eyes decided to give up to hide all the sadness as he looks really desperate now. 


"Yoo-hee.."


"I hope this is our last encounter." 


Sehun's heart feels stabbed. He bit his lips, lowering his head as he hide his expressions that looks broke. 

Yoo-hee walk far from him. She doesn't even looking back to see him. 

For a moment, Yoo-hee feels like she's really mean. Mean to leave her friend like that. Mean to say so many bad things to him. Mean to not even trying understand his situation.. And his feelings for her. 

Yoo-hee hold the doorknob in the main entrance as she hold her anger. She knows it's not good for her baby. She sighs. 

Just then, a woman in her 50 is entering the door beside Yoo-hee. That woman looks really hard just to even move her leg. Yoo-hee take a look at her. 


"I hope she won't fall." 


Yoo-hee is about to leave when suddenly, she hear a voice like scream. Yoo-hee turns her head, and her eyes are widen. 


That woman falls. 


"Madam!" Yoo-hee said as she run towards her and hold her arms. The woman trying hard to catch her breath. 

 

"Eomma!" 

 

Yoo-hee turns her head. And she is really shocked as she sees Sehun is running into her direction. 

 

"So.. This is.. His mother?" 

 

"Eomma!" Sehun said as he take her arms. He take a glance at Yoo-hee. 

 

"Thank you." 

 

Sehun's mother turns her eyes into the person who talks with his son. And just then, her eyes suddenly widen in shock. 


"SEHUN! LET'S GO! JI-HYE KNOW US, SHE KNOW US!" 


Yoo-hee's eyes widen. 

 

"Ji-hye?" 

 

Sehun is trying hard to calm his mother. "Eomma, let's go home, okay? Why you come to here?" 

Sehun's mother just looking at Yoo-hee. Still in her widen eyes. It shows fear that can't be calmed. 

 

"JI-HYE! IT'S JI-HYE!" Sehun's mother said as she points her finger into Yoo-hee. In her vision, Yoo-hee is turning into her mother. 

 

"SEHUN! LET'S GO! AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Sehun's mother screaming in fear as Yoo-hee move her body. Sehun take a look at her. 

 

"Go." 

 

Yoo-hee still look shocked. She just froze in her position. 

 

"Go!!" Sehun said as he raised his voice, yelled at her. Yoo-hee surprised. She hurrily get up from her position. 

Yoo-hee hardly breathing in normal. She take out her phone and call an ambulance. 

"911? Yes please, someone is getting her panic attack." 

 

 


Sehun's mother is now under the treatment. She was brought into the ambulance. Sehun take a look at Yoo-hee, who looks blank now. 

 

Sehun approaching her. He hold her shoulder. 

 

"Yoo-hee.."

 

"Don't touch me." 

 

Sehun just quiet. Yoo-hee doesn't even look at him. 

 

"I'm sorry." 

 

Soon, Yoo-hee's car is arrive in front of them. Jongin walk out from the car to take her. 

"Madam! Are you okay?" 

Yoo-hee nods. She let out sigh. 

"But.. Can you help me walk to the car?"

Jongin nods. He hurrily hold Yoo-hee's arms. But before that, he glare at Sehun. 

 

"Don't you dare to hurt her and Baekhyun hyung." 

 

With that, Jongin and Yoo-hee leave. Sehun just quiet. He rub his forehead. 


"I'm sorry for everything.. Yoo-hee."

 

 


Jongin take a glance at Yoo-hee, who just staring blankly at the outside. He sighs. She looks really weak now. 

Yoo-hee was drown in her thoughts. 

 

"Ji-hye? How can Sehun's mother know about mother?" 

 

Yoo-hee just quiet. She recalled the moment Sehun's mother screaming in fear while looking at her. 

 

"Is that something that burried for so many years?" 

 

"Yoo-hee ssi." 

 

Yoo-hee turns her head. Jongin is looking at her. 

 

"Should we go to the hospital?" 

 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. "No thanks. I'm fine." Yoo-hee said as she lean her head into the window. 

 

But then, she take a look at him. 

 

"Can you.. Take me into my mother's house?"  

 

 


The sound of children giggling can be heard as Yoo-hee open her house's gate. She bring so many things with her. 

 

"Seol! Yeol!" 

 

Yeol is the one who peek his head to see who is coming. Soon after he sees his sister is coming, he run towards her. 

 

"NOONAAAAA! WHERE'S THE BABY?" 

 

Yoo-hee chuckled. "You come just to ask the baby?" 

Not long after that, Seol is coming from the kitchen. She also run and hug Yoo-hee's waist. 

 

"EONNIEEEEEE I WANT TO SEE THE BABY!" 

 

Yoo-hee laughs over her siblings reaction. She already informed her family right after the breakfast. And of course, her mother is crying as soon as she heard the news while her siblings jumping happily.

"Huh? You're here?" Yoo-hee's mother said as she walk out while holding a spatula. Yoo-hee nods. 

"I think i should pay a visit since i miss all of you." Yoo-hee said as she give a bag of food to Yeol. "Let's eat these food!" 

The kids happily run into inside the house while bring the bag of food. Yoo-hee's mother looking at them in disbelief. 

"You don't have to bring so many things! What if you got tired?" She said as she pats Yoo-hee's stomach. "Hey, baby, you must be hungry right?" 

Yoo-hee smile. She nods.

"Eomma. Is there any rice?" 

 


I may come home late since i'm at my mother's house now. Don't forget to eat lunch! 😙 

 

Baekhyun smile happily like a boy who fall in love. He hurrily reply Yoo-hee's message.

The meeting is over now as Baekhyun sign  the deal between two company. All of them clap their hands in satisfaction. 

"You look so happy Director." Said one of the manager. Baekhyun laughs lightly. 


"I'm going to be a father. That's why i look like a crazy man now." 


"Woaaa.." Everyone is the meeting room said together and congratulate him. Baekhyun blushing as he muttered thank you to all of them. 

"Aigoo~ Our director looks really happy~" Jongin said, teasing his Director. Baekhyun glaring at him. But then, he grinning happily. 

"Who is not happy when they're going to be a father? Yah.. I can't wait to be a cool father." 

Jongin nods lazily. "Yeah.. Whatever as long as the child is a girl. I can't stand of having 2 Byun Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun smack Jongin's back. "How dare  you!" 

"See? I can't stand having 2 Byun Baekhyun!" Jongin said as he running away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun laughs. He take a look at his watch. Then, he suddenly smirk. He get a good idea. 

 

 

Yoo-hee is having a lunch with her mother and her siblings. She eats nonstop as her crazy mood for food is back. 

"Tsk tsk.. Look at you, a pregnant woman." Yoo-hee's mother said as she observing her older daughter, who is eating the eel soup. "Are you that hungry? You eat like you never eat!" 

"Don't you know that every pregnant woman will turn out to be like this?" Yoo-hee said as she gulp her drink. Seol take a look at her. 

"Am i going to be like that too?" Seol said, curious. Yoo-hee and her mother laughs. 

"Don't talk about the girls secret! I feel lonely!" Yeol pouted. Yoo-hee ruffle his hair. 

"Then.. Should i have a son so you will have a friend?"

Yeol nods happily. "That's a good thing, noona!" 

 

 

The Kang's is finished their lunch and now Yoo-hee is helping her mother wash the dish, while her siblings is watching TV. 

Yoo-hee take a glance at her mother. She hesitated to ask about Sehun's mother to her. 

"Eomma.."

Yoo-hee's mother raised her eyebrows. 

"Hmm?"

"Perhaps.." Yoo-hee said as she keep thinking about it. "Is there something big that you hide from me?" 

Yoo-hee's mother just quiet. She put the clean plate. 

"Something big.. Like what?" 

Yoo-hee let out a sigh. "Today.. I met a woman around your age screaming in fear while looking at me. And what is more strange, she called your name. Said that you found out about her and his son." Yoo-hee said, that his son word suddenly make her exhausted. 

Yoo-hee's mother heart is beating faster as she know who is the person she talk about. 


"Oh Se-yeon."


"Don't think about it, Yoo-hee." Her mother said as she try to erase the painful memory from her head. "Just forget about it and focus on your baby, okay?" 

Yoo-hee nods. She know that her mother is hiding something from her. 

 

That once she know about it, she might be hurted. 

 

It's 5.39 pm and Yoo-hee just finished bathing Seol and Yeol. Her mother is busy looking for their clothes when they're running into everywhere. Her mother let out a sigh.

"Aigoo.. Can you two stop running and wear the pajamas? Yeol, you're his older brother, give a good example for Seol!" 

Yoo-hee laughs. It's been a long time since she help her mother to take care of her siblings. She turns her head, and hurrily caught Seol who is unfortunately, running into her direction. 

"I got you, Kang Seol!" Yoo-hee said as she hug her little sister and put her pajamas. Soon, Seol is running again. Yoo-hee chuckled.

"How can both of them is full of power?" Yoo-hee said as she shakes her head. She walk into the room to put the comb. 

Seol and Yeol is still having fun together. But then, the bell is ringing. Seol and Yeol turn their attention to the door.

"Yeol, open the door!" Their mother said as she cook the dinner. Yeol nods. 

Just then, when Yeol open the door, a guy in his suit is smiling widely in front of him. He bring 2 big bags of toys with him. 

Yeol scratch his head, between confused and shy since the guy just smiling to him. Just then, Seol is coming to him. Seol surprised to see the guy in front of her. She take a look at him. 

 


"Uh? You're my eonni's husband?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLOOOOO WOAAAA NEW SUBSCRIBERS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope y'all enjoy my story! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU REALLY MADE MY DAY 💕