Chapter 23; The Past

Two People (두 사람)

Yoo-hee staring at her phone. Her eyes are widen in shock. There's 2 messages from Baekhyun. 


Okay! You too don't forget to eat lunch 😙


I will have a dinner in your house, can i?😁


"What?!" Yoo-hee said as she surprised. She's not checking her phone for all this time. And that message was send around 30 minutes ago. Yoo-hee hurrily make a phone call towards Baekhyun. 


"Why he doesn't answer it?!" 


Just then, the bell is ringing. Yoo-hee turns her head. 


"No way.. That must be.." 

 

"Uh? You're my eonni's husband?"

 

Baekhyun is standing in front of 2 kids that just staring at him, confused. He smile widely towards them. 

"Annyeong! Nice to meet you, Yeol, Seol!" 

"Aigoo.. You finally arrived!" Yoo-hee's mother said as she walk from the kitchen. Yoo-hee take a peek from her room, but her eyes are getting caught by Baekhyun. Yoo-hee startled.


"Eommonim. The eel must be delicious right?" 


Yoo-hee surprised. She blinked her eyes. 


"So.. Eomma is already know?!" 


Yoo-hee's mother smile. "Yeah, thanks to you, your wife is enjoying her meal! Come on, the dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!" 

Baekhyun smile happily as he enter the house. He smirks towards Yoo-hee, who is staring at him behind the door. Actually, this is his first time to come into her house. He take a look at around him.

The house is not as big as his house, but it's really clean and neat. Baekhyun feel really warm here. And suddenly, he can remember a memory about him running around at his old house in Gyeonggi. 

Yoo-hee let out a sigh. There's no point for her to hide, too. 

 

"Baekhyun.." 

 

Baekhyun turns his head. Smile is forming on his face as he walk towards his wife and hug her. 

"Yah! The kids is watching us!" Yoo-hee said as she looking at her siblings. Baekhyun laughs. He take a look at Yoo-hee's stomach. 

"Baby! Father is here!" Baekhyun said happily, which attract the siblings attention. 

"How can you talk to my noona's stomach?" Yeol ask suddenly. Baekhyun take a look at him. 

"Of course i can! I always greet the baby, so the baby know who is the father." 

Yoo-hee laughs as she hear Baekhyun's explanation. She turns her eyes into the bag in his hand. 

"Hey.. You bring too much-

"Kids! I brought you toys!" Baekhyun said happily, he just remember about it. Both Yeol and Seol hurrily run towards him. 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. She cross her arms. "Aigoo.. Byun Baekhyun."

 

 

Baekhyun looking around the living room and some photos are caught his eyes. He take one of the photo frame. 

A cute girl with a ponytail is smiling happily while holding a rabbit. Baekhyun smile. 

 

"Her smile is not changing at all."

 

Baekhyun check the condition around him. After make sure that Yoo-hee is not around him, he take out his phone and take a photo of little Yoo-hee. 

"Good one." Baekhyun said satisfied. He take a look at some photo again.

There are so many pictures with his family. But, one photo got his attention. 

A picture of 2 little kids. A girl and a boy. The girl is smiling, showing her little tooth while the boy is holding the little girl. Baekhyun blinked his eyes. 

 

"Isn't that me?" 

 

Baekhyun take the photo frame as he make sure that the boy on the photo is him. He thinks so hard to remember. 


Just then, he remember something. 


Flashback. Little Baekhyun is running around the garden. He is playing hide and seek with his grandfather. 

"Harabeoji! Where are you?" Baekhyun said as he looking around the garden. But, there's no sign of his grandpa. 

Just then, the flower in front of him is suddenly moving. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, confused. How can a flower moving? 

Baekhyun hurrily run into the flower, soon, he smile.

"Harabeoji i got you!" 

Baekhyun's grandfather laugh. "Aigoo.. How can you find me? My smart grandchild!" 

Baekhyun grin. Then, the sound of an opened door can be heard as a good smell of food is coming. Both Baekhyun and his grandfather looking at each other. 

"It must be.." 

"Choco chip!!" Baekhyun and his grandfather said in union as they run into the house. Grandma Park is coming while holding a little girl and bring a plate of choco cookies. 

"Yoo-hee ah, sit here for a while. Grandma is going to bring the milk." 

The 2 years old Yoo-hee is sitting at the big chair. Baekhyun is running happily into her. 

"Baby ah!" 

Little Yoo-hee smile. Baekhyun take one of the choco chip and blow it as it still hot. Little Yoo-hee just quiet. 

"It's still hot! You should be careful!" Baekhyun said as he blew it for her. Then, he give it to her tiny hand. 

"Okay, you can eat now!" 

Little Yoo-hee giggling happily as she get a choco chip. Baekhyun smile. He also take one of the choco chip and sit beside her. 

Grandpa Byun is coming towards them. A smile is forming from his lips as he looking at how Baekhyun taking care of little Yoo-hee. Then, he hurrily take the camera at the table. 


"Baekhyun, looking at here!" 


Baekhyun turns his head. His grandfather is ready to take a picture.


"Hold the baby, Baek! And smile!"

Baekhyun hold little Yoo-hee's shoulder. And soon, grandpa is taking a picture of them together. 


Flashback end. Baekhyun laughs. So this is the result. He hurrily take his phone and take a picture of this too. 

 

"Yah!" 

 

Baekhyun turn his head. Yoo-hee's eyes are widen in shock. She hurrily walk towards him.

"What are you doing?!" Yoo-hee said as she take the photo frame from his hand, embarrassed. Baekhyun smirk. 

"The two of us is really mean to be, huh?"

"Stop it!" Yoo-hee said as she put the photo frame. Her cheek is turning into pink. 

Baekhyun laughs. He pinch her cheeks. 

"Don't you know you look pretty when you shy?" 

"Baekhyun!" Yoo-hee said, pouting. Baekhyun nods. He hug Yoo-hee into his arms. 

"Okay, okay. Let's just eat~" 

 

 


Sehun close the curtain as it already evening. He turn on the lights, and turn on some aromatic candles. He put it beside his mother's bed and he take a seat beside her, who is still sleeping. 

"You must be got it wrong, eomma." Sehun said as he wipe his mother's sweat. "Kang Ji-hye that you're afraid of is not her mother, eomma." 

Sehun just quiet. He looks really broke to remember about it. 

 

"Eomma. I'm not sharing one father with her, right?" 

 

Flashback. Sehun is cleaning his house. He clear the dust on the bookshelf and take out one of the book, when he realize something. 

 

It's not an usual book. It's a diary. 

 

"What's this?" Sehun said as he put the feather duster and take off his mask. He take a look at the diary.

"It looks like eomma's." Sehun said. He lean his back into the sofa and open the first page. 


"This is belongs to Oh Se-yeon." 

 

"Ah.. I was right." Sehun said, nods. He take a look at another page. 


"May 10, 1989. 

Jung-hoon said that he wants to marry me. Should i believe it or not? But it seems like my long wait love is turning back to me."

 


Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Jung-hoon? Who is it?" 

 


Sehun open the next page. 


"June 11, 1989.

It feels like dying. You broke your promise as you marry that girl. You hurt an innocent heart that already give all her life to you. How dare you sent the invitation to me? It's not you, i know it. It's your mother or that Byun's family fault to marry you with their adopted daughter. I know it from the beginning. Eventough they're my relatives, but they hurt me a lot."

 


Sehun surprised. Who is the Byun's family adopted daughter? Isn't Baekhyun's father is the only child?

 

"Adopted.. Daughter?" 

 

Sehun read another page. And suddenly, it made him goosebumps. 


"August 22, 1989.


Where are you now? How's your life doing? I heard that Ji-hye is pregnant but you are in far away now.. You must be happy. 

But don't you know.. I'm here.. Pregnant too. Can't you believe it? I'm trying hard to hide it but my sister found out about this. She asked me the father. But i'm not going to tell her. I'm not. I'm here to protect you and our child. I'm sorry. But i love you." 

 


Sehun's eyes are widen as he drop the diary. He's thinking hard and count using his fingers. 

"If this was written in August.." Sehun said, as he count. And it shows 9. Sehun can't help but gasp in disbelief. 

 

"9 months. In April. It's my birthday." 

 

Sehun close his eyes. Maybe this is just a dream, he thinks. He opened his eyes again, but all still the same. 

"Eomma.." Sehun said, feeling lost. He hold into the sofa tight. 

"So.. My father is someone who married the Byun's adopted daughter, and he left both of them pregnant." 

 

Sehun nods after a while. 

 

"I need to know who is the Byun's adopted daughter." 

 


A week later.


Sehun is doing his morning jogs at the Han River Park. Suddenly, his phone is ringing. He got a message.


Sehun ah. The result is out. 


Sehun hurrily run from there and he is arrive at the orphanage. He take a deep breath, and knock the door. 

Just then, a familiar figure appear in front of him. 

"Mr. Oh." Mrs. Jung, the music academy owner appear in front of him. Sehun bows politely. 

"You said that the result is out." 

Mrs. Jung nods. "Yes. Maybe you won't believe this." 

Sehun is sitting at Mrs. Jung's office. Soon, Mrs. Jung is coming with a file on her hand. She put it at the table. 

 

"Open it." 

 

Sehun take the file and read it. 

 

It was written there, that Byun Joon-kyu and Park So-hyun, adopt a girl named Kang Ji-hye. 

Sehun nods. He put back the file into the table. 

"Now, i just need to know who is this Kang Ji-hye." 

Mrs. Jung looks hesitated. She take a look at Sehun. 

 

"Sehun. I'm saying this as your mother's friend and your mentor this past years." 

 

Sehun take a look at Mrs. Jung.

 

"Just move on, Hun ah. Don't ever think about it and focus on your mother's treatment. You already make a great life after pursuing your dream as a dancer and  your mother is currently at the good condition too eventough she still having that panic, but please, don't do anything." 

 

Sehun let out a sigh. Then, he smile bitterly. 

 

"You know what kind of terrible life i've been trough, Mrs. Jung."

 

"But it'll hurting you." 

 

Sehun looks expressionless. No smile. No sadness. No happiness. He just quiet. 

Mrs. Jung continue her words. She's looking at him, sadly.


"Because Kang Ji-hye, the one that you looking for, is Mrs. Kang Yoo-hee's mother, Sehun ah." 


A storm appear and struck Sehun's mind as he hear that words. Sehun's jaw dropped slowly as he turns his head to Mrs. Jung.


"What?" 


"If you do this, it'll cause damage to both of you and Kang Yoo-hee! You said you love her, right? Just don't do it, Hun. She also married to your cousin. And your relationship with your cousin will be affected so much. You'll lose everything." 

Sehun just quiet. His mind is trying to say something but none appear on his mouth.


"I don't want to jump into any conclusion.. But i think.. You shared a same father with Kang Yoo-hee."


Sehun's heart is struck again. He turns his head, trying hard to get his focus again. 

 

"That must be a lie." 

 

Mrs. Jung hold Sehun's hand. 

 

"Just move on, okay? I'll help you move to US. I have some good friends there to help you so-


"Mrs. Jung. I won't run anymore." 


Mrs. Jung looks really desperate. "Hun.." 


Sehun shakes his head. "Move into US again? No. If i move again.. I'll be a coward forever. I can't even protect my mother." 


Sehun let go of his hand. He gets up from his position. 


"From now.. I won't stop. I won't stop, until they try to stop me and beg for apologize to me and my mother." 

 

 

Flashback end. Sehun lowering his head. He hold his mother's hand tight.  

 

"I'm sorry for today, eomma. To even test you and turning you into like this.. I'm sorry, eomma. I just won't stop to making them regret everything they did to us. Just look.. I'll come with a great victory." 

 

Sehun place his mother's hand into his cheek. Tears is falling from his eyes. 


"I won't stop even it's hurting me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Double update agaaainnn😊 i really want to thanked everyone and for new subscribers! Thank you so much! I hope you'll enjoy the story💕