Chapter 11; Someone From The Past

Two People (두 사람)

"I miss you, Byun Baekhyun." 

 

Baekhyun slowly put his phone down. He looks really shocked now. Jongin take a look at him. 

"Director? Are you okay?" 

Baekhyun take a glance at his phone. Soon, he hung up the call. Jongin looking at him with a confused look. 

"She's back." 

Jongin raised his eyebrows. "Pardon?" 

"Song Ye-seul." Baekhyun said. He take a look at Jongin. "She's in Korea now."

 

 

Yoo-hee is walking out from her class as the class is over. Sehun is also walking out from the practice room. Both of them is walking in the same hallway. 

"Cousin!" 

Yoo-hee turns her head. Sehun is in front of her, smiling widely. Soon, he run towards her. 

"Aigoo.. Good morning cousin! How's your day?" 

Yoo-hee grin. She take a look at around her. 

"Don't call me like that!" 

"But we're cousins. There's no problem about that." Sehun said. Yoo-hee sighs. Unintentionally, she take a look at Sehun's leg and remember her conversation last night with Baekhyun. 

"The cast is on his right leg." 

Sehun raised his eyebrows as the person in front of him is staring into his leg. Sehun take a look at her. 

"Uh.. Yoo-hee?" 

"Uh?" Yoo-hee said as she surprised. Sehun chuckle. 

"Let's have a lunch. Seems like you're tired." 

 

 

Baekhyun just quiet while bits his nail. He keep thinking about that call. He thinks of something. 

 

"Why she suddenly come? And why she called me? Is something happened?"  

 

"What is it now.." Baekhyun mumble to himself. Jongin take a look at him. 

"Is it about Song Ye-seul? Don't ask me. I don't want to think about that." 

 Baekhyun shakes his head. "Me either."

Jongin sighs. "You're a married man, hyung. Don't forget about it." 

Jongin gets up from his position and leave the room. Leaving Baekhyun alone. Baekhyun take a look at his phone. 

"Don't you know that the pain is back again after i hear your voice?" 

 

Flashback, 2008

"Yah! Hurry! We need to cheer our team!" 

Baekhyun turns his head. Today is a meeting day where all the student from different faculty is meet in a sport race. And just now, Baekhyun's faculty is on their way to the swimming pool, where they'll cheer their team. 

"Ah it's so boring." Baekhyun mumble to himself. A guy beside him, Do Kyungsoo, just smile. 

"Don't waste your time just to get a hit from our sunbae." 

Baekhyun take a glance at Kyungsoo. "Tsk. I'd rather get hit than watching this." 

Kyungsoo smack Baekhyun's head. "Yah! What if Junmyeon Sunbae hear?! He will definitely kill you!" 

Baekhyun sighs. He take the banner from Kyungsoo's hand.

"Satisfied now?"

Kyungsoo chuckle. "Yeah. Let's go!" 

Their team is arrive in the swimming pool but Baekhyun has to go to the toilet. After finish, still with the banner on his hand, he casually walk into the swimming pool. 

"Go away!" 

Baekhyun surprised. Sure it's a girl's voice. He turns his head.

A girl is standing in front of a boy while glaring at him. The guy looking at her, annoyed. 

"Song Ye-seul. You have such a bad temper." 

 

That girl, Song Ye-seul, smirk. 

 

"Bad temper? If you caught your boyfriend flirting with another girl.. Will you just silently watching him?" 

The boy in front of her suddenly quiet. Then, he take Ye-seul's hand and hold it. Baekhyun watching at them. 

"Ye-seul ah.. It's not like i'm flirting with her.. She just asked for some help.. So i helped her-

"Help her by kiss her?" 

Ye-seul take a look at him in disbelief. She harshly let go of her hand and slap him. Baekhyun surprised as he doesn't expect to see this scene. 

 

"Heol. She's quite tough." 

 

The boy in front of Ye-seul looking at her in disbelief. He touch his cheek. 

"Song Ye-seul!"

"Park Chanyeol!" Ye-seul shout in angry. She glares at him. "Don't talk to me anymore. I'm enough with you. Let's break up." 

Chanyeol take a look at her. He grab Ye-seul's hand harshly, making her about to fall. 

"Do you think you're that pretty to seduce another man?" Chanyeol said rudely. Ye-seul is trying to let go of her hand. 

"Let go of me! Let-

A hand is roughly take Ye-seul's hand. Ye-seul turns her head. 

"Hey. Aren't you rude enough to yell in front of her face?" Baekhyun said as he sharply staring at Chanyeol. Chanyeol take a look at him. 

"What the heck?! Who are you and that's not your business-

"I'm her boyfriend." Baekhyun said casually. He embrace Ye-seul. 

Chanyeol laugh in disbelief. He take a look at Ye-seul.

"You slap me because i'm flirting with a girl when you're also cheating behind my back?!" 

"Yeah. And there's nothing going on between us anymore, Park Chanyeol." 

And with that, Ye-seul hold Baekhyun's wrist and hurrily drag him away from angry Chanyeol, who shout her name several times. Ye-seul just quiet as she's trying not to look back.  

As soon as they arrive at the swimming pool, Ye-seul let go of Baekhyun's hand. She take a look at him. 

"I don't know who you are but thank you so much." Ye-seul said as she bows towards him. Baekhyun surprised. 

"Ah.. Uh.. Yeah.. You're welcome. You better not seeing him anymore." 

Ye-seul laughs. "I won't. Don't worry. He might be dead if i meet him." 

Baekhyun just quiet. How can she laugh and even saying that casually right after she was dumped by her ex boyfriend? 

Ye-seul take a look at Baekhyun and spotted a banner on his hand. She smiles. 

"You must be here for cheering your team, right?" 

Baekhyun surprised. He take a look at her. "Eh? What?" 

Ye-seul smile. She pats Baekhyun's shoulder. "I'm going to beat your team. Watch me. See you later." 

With that, Ye-seul leave Baekhyun dumbfounded. But then, Baekhyun smile. 

"I'm going to watch you from now, cool girl!" 

 

Flashback end. Baekhyun rest his head on the table. He just quiet as his feeling is unstable now. 

 

"What do you want.. Song Ye-seul?" 


*****

 

Yoo-hee and Sehun is at the restaurant. Sehun just quietly eating his pasta, while Yoo-hee is staring into his leg. 

 

"It looks fine now.. Should i ask him? Or not? Or just ask Baekhyun?"

 

"Hey." Sehun said, surprising Yoo-hee. She take a look at him. 

"Uh? Uh?" 

Sehun raised his eyebrows. "I don't know if this right.. But i think you keep staring at me. Is there anything that wrong with me?" 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. "No! You're.. Fine." 

 

"Should i ask?" 

 

"Um.. Sehun." 

"Yeah?" 

"How can.. You and Baekhyun is become a cousin?" 

Sehun thinks for a while. "It's already.. My faith?" 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. "No.. Uh.. I mean.. Who's your relative? Is it my mother in law? Since your surname is different from them.." 

Sehun take a breath. Then, he nods. 

"Baekhyun's mother is my aunt. My mother's older sister." 

"Ah i see.." Yoo-hee said as she understand. She take a look at Sehun. 

"Yesterday.. They look surprised to see you.. If i can ask this.. Perhaps.. You're not close enough with them?" 

Sehun suddenly quiet. He blinked his eyes. 

"You know? One mistake can erase a hundred kindness."

Yoo-hee take a look at him. Sure he was bothered by that sudden question. Sehun just quiet as he lowering his head. 

 

"It's not their fault nor you.. Sehun." 

 


It's 5 pm and Baekhyun is about to going home. But then, a black car suddenly park in front of his car. Jongin take a look at it. 

"What the?" Jongin said as he is about to approaching them, but then.

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun!" 

A guy in his 30 is coming out from the black car, alongside with his friend who is coming out from the driver seat. Baekhyun widen his eyes as he sees them. 

"Oh? Yixing hyung?! Kyungsoo?!" 

Kyungsoo walk approaching him. And he hug him. 

"Yah. A person as lazy as you is now a director? Hilarious." 

Yixing laugh as he pats Baekhyun's shoulder. "Seems like our director is need some fun, should we bring him with us?"

Baekhyun surprised. "Wait wait. So both of you come to here just to take me into somewhere?" 

Yixing nods. "Let's have some reunion Baekhyun! A special guest is coming!" 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes. "Is Jongdae coming back from Japan?" 

Kyungsoo just smile. "Just follow us." 

 

 

Yoo-hee is at the dining table. She take a look at the clock, 5.45 pm and Baekhyun isn't home yet. Yoo-hee sighs. Where's he going? 

But then, the bell is ringing. Yoo-hee hurrily run and open the door. 

"You're late, Baekhyun! What makes-

"Hmm? You must thinking i'm Baekhyun." Mr. Byun said as he taking off his shoes. Yoo-hee surprised. She hurrily bow towards him. 

"Didn't he called you?" Mr. Byun ask her suddenly. Yoo-hee take a look at him, confusedly. 

"Eh? Pardon?" 

"He is having a reunion with his friends." Mr. Byun said. "He already tell you, right?" 

 


Yoo-hee sit at her bed. She just quiet. 

"Umm.. He.. Must be forget to call me or he doesn't want to be bothered by me. Yeah." Yoo-hee said, trying to think positive. Then, she take a look at her phone. 

But nope. There's no call or message from him. 

"Am i.. That annoying for him?" 

 

 

Baekhyun, Yixing, and Kyungsoo entering a restaurant together. Kyungsoo turns his head, and then he smile. 

"There!" 

Baekhyun turns his eyes. "Yah! Kim Jongdae!" 

That guy, Jongdae, gets up from his position as he hug Baekhyun. "Yah.. It's been a long time Byun Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun chuckle. "How can you come to Korea? Why? Are your business isn't doing well?" 

Jongdae hit Baekhyun's head "Yah! How dare you?!" 

"Aigoo.. Why people really like to hit my head?" Baekhyun said grumpily. All his friends laugh along with him. 

"Let's order some delicious food." Yixing said as he open the menu. Baekhyun is about to take a seat, when Kyungsoo turns his head. 

"Uh? Are we invite her?" 

 

Baekhyun turns his head. 

 

But then, his eyes are widen in shocked. 

 

Ye-seul is walk approaching them. She happily greet them as she waves her hand. 

"Why.. Why she is here-

"I invited her." Jongdae said. "She said she really wanted to see you." 

Baekhyun just quiet. He can't say any words. 

Ye-seul is now standing in front of him. Soon, a smile is forming on her lips.

"Baekhyun ah. You never change."