Chapter 7; First Fight

Two People (두 사람)

"Hurry! Hurry! Put the balloon in there!" Mrs. Byun said as she order her husband to put the pink colored balloon in the corner of their dining room. Mr. Byun take a look at his wife. 

"By the way, when will they come actually? You just making everyone in a hurry but you're not asking them when they will arrive!" Mr. Byun whining. Mrs. Byun grin her teeth. 

"Should i?" Mrs. Byun said as she quickly make a phone call towards his son. 

"The number you're calling is switch off. Please try again later."

"Oh? He turn off his phone?!" 

 

"Aigoo.. Annoying." Baekhyun said as he put his phone into Yoo-hee's bag. Yoo-hee take a look at him. Both of them is on their way to home now.

"Who is it?" Yoo-hee ask. But soon, her phone is ringing. She take her phone, and answer the call.

"Oh? Eommoni?" 

Baekhyun sighs. He hurrily snatch Yoo-hee's phone. 

"Oh? Eomma? What?"

"Aigoo you bastard! Why don't you answer my call?!" Mrs. Byun shouting. Baekhyun rub his ears. 

"What now?! After the cake, now what?" 

Mrs. Byun chuckle. "Eey.. Don't be like that my handsome son.. Where are you now?"

"Aigoo." Baekhyun hiss. "I'll be arrive in 10 minutes. Stop calling, okay?"

Mrs. Byun gasp. "Omo. Okay then. See you in 10 minutes!" 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows as Mrs. Byun hung up the call. 

"What is she doing now.."

"What?" Yoo-hee ask. Baekhyun shakes his head. 

"I smell something fishy."

 


"They come!" One of the maid said as she hurrily run into the dining room. Mrs. Byun nods. 

"Now, at the count of 3, open the confetti, okay?" Mrs. Byun commanding her maid. All of them nods. 

"I'm home again." Baekhyun said as he walk out from the car, following by Yoo-hee. She take a look at around her. 

"Yeah.. It's still the same."

"Congratulations." Baekhyun said as he enter the house. Yoo-hee raised her eyebrows. 

"For what?"

"You're the young madam in this house now." 

Baekhyun and Yoo-hee is walking straight into the dining room as anyone is nowhere to be seen, and just then.

"1.. 2.. 3!" 

Pop! The confetti's are opened and flying towards Baekhyun and Yoo-hee. Baekhyun sighs in disbelief while Yoo-hee, because she was too surprised, hid behind Baekhyun with wide opened in confused. 

"Welcome home!" Mrs. Byun said happily as she approaching her son. Baekhyun sighs. 

"I know something will happen when you call me." 

Mrs. Byun looks irritated. She then take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Oh, my daughter! How is it? He must be nagging a lot, right?"

Yoo-hee thinks for a while. "Um.. No.. But yeah sometimes." 

Baekhyun rolling his eyes. Yoo-hee just quiet while Mrs. Byun looks really happy to see them. 

"Omo.. My grandchildren is home." Grandma Park said as she walk out from her bedroom. Both Baekhyun and Yoo-hee bows towards her. 

"How is it?" Grandma Park suddenly ask to them. Baekhyun and Yoo-hee staring at each other. 

"Aigoo, eommoni. They must be embarrassed to tell it!" Mrs. Byun said while glancing at Baekhyun and Yoo-hee. Both of them sighs. 

"But nothing happened!" Baekhyun said in his mind. 

"Embarrassed? I'm just sleeping!" Yoo-hee said in her mind. This newlywed is on their own world. 

Can't stand anymore, Baekhyun clearing his throat. He take a look at his mother. 

"Eomma. We're going to unpack our things."

 


"Waa.." Yoo-hee said as Baekhyun open the door. She looks really amazed as so many toys in here. Baekhyun turns his head towards her. 

"Actually, this is my bedroom. But since it looks quite good, i won't fix the interior just because you stay in here now, okay?" 

Yoo-hee nods. She bring her luggage inside the room. Baekhyun take a look at her. 

"Your wardrobe is on the right, and mine is on the left." 

Yoo-hee take a look into the walking closet. Everything in the right side is already empty. She nods. 

"Now.. It's enough for the tour guide, right? I'll go to the office now. Do whatever you want." 

And with that, Baekhyun leaves Yoo-hee alone. Soon when she can't hear any footsteps, she let out a sigh. 

"I don't know that marriage life feels lonely." 

Yoo-hee shakes her head. It's not the problem now. The problem is, like any other guy.. The room is just a mess. Everything is placed not in a good order. Yoo-hee sighs. 

"My first duty as a wife is cleaning this room." 

Yoo-hee start to clean the room. Placing the toys as the order, change the bed linen, and unpack her luggage. 

And after the tiring 30 minutes, it's over. Their room looks really clean and neat now. Yoo-hee turns her head into Baekhyun's wardrobe. 

"This is the real mess." Yoo-hee said. Everything is not in order. Yoo-hee start to tidy up Baekhyun's clothes. 

"Ah really, i don't want to have a son! I just want a good daughter." Yoo-hee said as she put Baekhyun's clothes in the right order. But then, something is caught her attention. 

A little navy box with a ribbon. It looks like a ring box, but who knows what's inside. 

Feeling curious, Yoo-hee take the box and slowly, she open it. 

A pretty diamond ring is inside the box. Yoo-hee surprised. She take a look at the ring. 

"How can this pretty things is here?" 

 

Baekhyun walk downstairs into the dining room. He open the refridgerator and take a glass of cold water. Mrs. Byun take a look at him. 

"Hey. What are you doing?" 

"I'm going to work. See you." Baekhyun said as he walk out from the house. Mrs. Byun surprised. 

"What?! Work?! Hey, come here!" 

Baekhyun sighs. "Aish! What now?!"

Mrs. Byun walk approaching her son. "How can you leave her alone? She must be feeling lonely now."

"But you can ask her to do something so she won't feel lonely." Baekhyun said grumpily. Mrs. Byun take a look at him. 

"Baekhyun. She is marrying you not to be a slave. Ask her to do? So what's the point we have maids when you ask your wife to do everything?" 

Baekhyun just quiet. He lose now. But he try to keep his expression. 

"I'm not telling her to be a slave." 

"But you indirectly say that." Mrs. Byun said.  "Aigoo. When you will mature?" 

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder. But then, he realize something. 

"Heol. My phone!"

 


Yoo-hee is staring at the ring. Sure this ring is for a woman.. But who? It's not her for sure. But seeing there's a dust in the box, it must be locked in this wardrobe for a long time. 

"It's really pretty but why he just keep it like that?" 

"Yoo-hee. I need my pho-  

Yoo-hee surprised as she see Baekhyun in front of her. Baekhyun widen his eyes. 

 

"What are you doing now?!" 

 

Yoo-hee lost her words. Baekhyun hurrily take the ring and put it back on the box. Then, he throw it inside the wardrobe. Yoo-hee just quiet as she doesn't know what to do. 

"Stupid me leaving you alone here without any warns." Baekhyun said as he looking at Yoo-hee coldly. Yoo-hee just lowering her head. 

"I.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do-

"Don't touch anything." Baekhyun said as he glaring to her. "Just.. Stay at the bed. Do nothing. Be happy with your own. Stay away from anything in this room!" 

Yoo-hee feels like being hit by a bulletproof now. How can he say that in their first day of wedding? She just trying to tidy up his wardrobe since it's really a mess. She even clean up this room. But for sure, he not realize it and only looking for a mistake. 

"I'm sorry." 

Baekhyun take a look at her. Yoo-hee just quiet. Then, he sighs. 

"Whatever." Baekhyun said as he take his phone and leave the room. 

Yoo-hee turns her head into the door. She close her eyes to hold back her tears. Then, she let out a sigh. 

"I know if from the start.. It won't be just like that. It's not as simple as what you think."

Yoo-hee smiles. Eventough it's hard for her  but she can't do anything. She continue to tidy up Baekhyun's clothes. 

"There's no point to regret it at this time, Yoo-hee. Because you know it really well.." 

But as she just continue to what she's doing, tears is falling from her eyes. Slowly, into her cheek. 

"That you might get hurt."

 

*****

 

"How it feels to be a married man, Director?" Jongin said as he standing in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun rub his forehead. 

"It giving you a headache." Baekhyun said as he remember what happened this day. He let out a sigh. 

"Then.. What's the point of marrying her when she doesn't have anything to do?"

Yoo-hee is busy cut a prawn. She looks skillful as she cut the vegetables. All the maids there amazed by her skills. 

"Young lady.. You don't have to do this. Just let us do it, okay?" 

Yoo-hee turns her head. Then, she smile. 

"I don't have any work to do.. So, just let me do this, okay? All of you must be tired from doing the house chores!" 

All of them just quiet. They staring at each other while Yoo-hee continue preparing the food. 

"What's happening here?" Grandma Park said as she entering the dining room. Yoo-hee take a look at her. 

"I'm trying to help them cook for dinner. I don't have anything to do.. So it kind of bothering me." Yoo-hee said. Grandma Park nods. 

"I'll cut the onion, then." Grandma Park said as she wear her apron. Yoo-hee surprised.

"Grandma! Are you going to join us?"

Grandma Park smile. "I'm a good chef, you know?" 

 


"I'm home." Both Mr. Byun and Baekhyun shouting at the same time. Mrs. Byun come towards them. 

"My husband! You're home!" Mrs. Byun said happily as she hug her husband. Baekhyun take a look at his mother. 

"Eomma. Are you not going to greet me?" 

Mrs. Byun crossed her arms. "You have your personal wife now to greet you, right? Why don't you look for her now?" 

Baekhyun sighs. He lazily walk inside the house. But then, he smelled something delicious. 

"Grandma is cooking?" Baekhyun ask himself. He hurrily run into the kitchen. 

"Grandma, is it enough?" Yoo-hee said as she point at the bowl in front of her. Grandma Park nods.

"If you want to just pour it, you need a little more soy sauce. But if you want it as a dip sauce, you need more ketchup."  

Yoo-hee nods. She is going to stir the ingridients when she think of something.

"Grandma. What kind of style Baekhyun likes for his food?"

Baekhyun surprised to hear Yoo-hee's question. He doesn't expect that from her. 

Grandma Park smile. She turns her head. 

"What kind of style do you like? Pour it? Or dip it?" 

Yoo-hee turns her head. And her eyes are widen as she see Baekhyun in front of her. Grandma Park laughs. Baekhyun sighs as he feels embarrassed. He take a glance towards Yoo-hee. 

"I.. Like it as a dip."

 

 

 

 

 

Haha.. Their first fight just one day after the wedding😅 How is it? Hope you enjoy it!