Chapter 2; Grandpa's Will

Two People (두 사람)

Yoo-hee just quiet. She froze in her position once Baekhyun turns his body, facing her.

"It can't be.. Right? Am i dreaming?"

Baekhyun widen his eyes. He's staring at her. From head to toe.. He must be dreaming now.

"What are you doing here?! In my house?!"

"Stupid nerd?! Watch your mouth Byun Baekhyun!" Grandma Park said as she walk towards them. Baekhyun take a look at Grandma Park.

"Aish Grandma!"

"Yoo-hee ah, i'm sorry." Grandma Park said. Yoo-hee nods. Then, she hurrily bows towards Grandma Park.

"I'm sorry for not greeting you in a manner." Yoo-hee said as she bows. Grandma Park smiles. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Omo! Our guest is here!" Baekhyun's mother said happily. And once Yoo-hee turns her eyes, Baekhyun's mother widen her eyes.

"Wait. Omo. Yoo-hee? Isn't it her?!"

Baekhyun shocked. How can everyone in this house know her except him?

"Eomma! You know this nerd?!"

Baekhyun's mother glared at him. "How dare you called her like that! Watch your mouth!"

"Ah.. Uh.. It's okay." Yoo-hee said. She hurrily bows towards Baekhyun's mother. Baekhyun can't help but speechless.

Baekhyun's mother take a look at Yoo-hee. She holds her shoulder.

"It's been 15 years.. How can you grow so pretty?"

"Pretty?" Baekhyun said in his mind. "How can someone as fool as her being called pretty?"

Yoo-hee just grin. She doesn't know how to react. Yoo-hee take a look at Baekhyun, who looks really gloomy now.

"She's really suit as Baekhyun's wife, isn't she?" Grandma Park said. Baekhyun widen his eyes in disbelief.

"What?! Wife?! I won't marry her! I'd rather jump from the hill than marry her!"

With that sharp words, Baekhyun successfully turn the bright atmosphere into the dark one. Grandma Park take a look at him.

"You'd rather jump from the hill?"

Baekhyun take a look at his grandma. She looks really angry now.

"I know her really well. How can she take care of a house when she can't take care of herself?"

"Byun Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. Grandma Park is really angry.

"How can you judge people negatively like that? Is that what i taught you?!"

Yoo-bee surprised. She never see this side of Grandma Park. Yoo-hee take a look at Baekhyun, who looks irritated now.

"It's okay.. Grandma. He must be shocked by-

Baekhyun grab Yoo-hee's wrist in a sudden, make her stop from talking. She take a look at him.

"I'm sorry, grandma. But you must be making a mistake." Baekhyun said as he drag Yoo-hee's out from the house. Both Grandma Park and his mother speechless.

"Byun Baekhyun!" His mother shouts his name. But nope, he doesn't bothered by that.

"Oh my life." Grandma Park said as she fell into the floor. Baekhyun's mother shocked. She hurrily bent down to hold Grandma Park.

"Hurry call Doctor Kim and tell Baekhyun to come!!"



*****



Baekhyun drag Yoo-hee into his car. Yoo-hee can feel the pain on her wrist as Baekhyun grab her tight.

"Director.. You can release my hand now..-

"For what? So that you'll back into that house?!" Baekhyun said coldly. Yoo-hee chuckled.

"No. Just.. So that i can walk home by myself. You can go back to clear the misunderstands with your grandma-

"Did you tell this to my grandma?"

Yoo-hee raised her eyebrows, confused.

"Tell what?"

"That i fired you today? Are you doing this to take a revenge on me?"

Yoo-hee widen her eyes in surprise. She doesn't even think that far.

"Absolutely not, director! I came here because your grandma ask me to-

"I knew it from the start that you're a sly fox." Baekhyun said harshly. Yoo-hee shocked. She take a look at Baekhyun.

"Pardon?"

"Can't work, doesn't have any friends, fool, and now you're trying to marry me? Just do it in your stupid dream!"

Yoo-hee's body is trembling. She can't take it anymore.

"I don't even understand why you fired me today, but clearly saying that i can't work, don't have any friends, fool, and a sly fox is really enough for me. I'm not even trying to make you apologize to me, but, i'm sorry, it seems like i can't forgive you." Yoo-hee said as she hurrily bows towards Baekhyun and leave him. Baekhyun let out a sigh and kick the car.

"Bastard!"


Yoo-hee walk slowly as she wipes her tears. It's really painful for her to hear someone talking about her like that. And mostly, it was Baekhyun. A guy she had a crush for 11 years. Eventough she knew that he was that rude, but she never think that she will be the one that being treated that harsh by him.

And tonight, she know that she had to forget him in any ways.


"What kind of a mess happened here?" Mr. Byun said as he enter the house. Baekhyun's mother hurrily come towards him.

"Did you see him? That stupid boy?! Where is he?! I need to kill him now!"

Mr. Byun shocked. "Who do you looking for?! How can you use such a rude words-

"Your son!" Mrs. Byun said. "He really did well to make his grandmother sick!"


Grandma Park is laying on her bed. Mrs. Byun, Baekhyun, and Mr. Byun is standing in front of her. Baekhyun lowering his head.

"Eommonim. I'm sorry that my son is saying such a harsh word and even kick your guest rudely without even knowing the main reason." Mr. Byun said as he glaring towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun just quiet.

Grandma Park still quiet. She turns her back from them.

Mrs. Byun nudge Baekhyun's elbow while glaring at him.

"Say something!"

Baekhyun sighs. He clearing his throat.

"I'm so sorry, grandma. To embarassed you in front of your 'guest' and even drive away her. I deserved a punishment and any kind of bad treatments."

This time, Grandma Park get up from her position, shocking everyone. She take a look at Baekhyun.

"Do you know why i bring her here eventough i know you already fired her today?"

Baekhyun take a look at his grandma. Mr. Byun turns his eyes.

"What?! Fire her?!"

"That girl." Grandma Park said as she pointed her finger towards Baekhyun. "Is your grandfather last will. And she is the one who had your grandfather's will."



*****



Yoo-hee sit at the bench as she wait for the bus. She open her clutch, and take out an envelopes. She's staring on it.

"What am i related to you, grandpa? That even i'm having your will now?" Yoo-hee said. She open the envelopes. It's actually a hand written letter. Yoo-hee start to read it.

If you read this.. So-hyun ah.. It means that i already rest happily in heaven.

Yoo-hee raised her eyebrows. "So-hyun? It's Grandma Park's name, right?"

So-hyun ah, thank you for raising a good son like Ji-yong. I'm really grateful about it. And even Ji-yong is now happily married and having a good son.. I'm a happy grandfather now.

So-hyun.. We named that kid Baekhyun because we want him to be a kind-hearted and well mannered boy.. Right? He deserved many love from us and everyone around us. And now, he grow as a good guy as what we hope.

But.. There's a person that can't feel a warm and pure love from a family. Kang Ji-tae.. My great bestfriend.. He leaves without even knowing that his wife is pregnant.

Yoo-hee surprised. "Kang Ji-tae? My grandpa?"

Ji-tae.. He leaves because of me. If just that day i was the one who got shoot.. Not him.. He must be happily seeing his grandchild growing up now.

Yoo-hee just quiet. She continue read the letter.

Do you know why we moved to Gyeonggi? Because i want to raised his daughter like the way i raised my son. I also wanted to raised his grandchild like the way i raised my grandchild.

That's why, So-hyun.. If Baekhyun is mature enough to understand a meaning of life.. I want him to marry with Ji-tae's grand daughter.. Yoo-hee. Aigoo that girl. We were there when she was born. Even Baekhyun is there too, happily seeing a beautiful girl coming into the world.

Yoo-hee widen her eyes. She doesn't understand what it means.

Yoo-hee.. Everytime i saw her.. I saw Ji-tae inside her. I really want to tie our family to him because i owe him my life.. We should thanked him for his kindness.

Yoo-hee's tears is falling. She doesn't know that her grandfather is sacrifying his life for others and maybe that's the reason why her grandmother suddenly commit a suicide, leaving her mother who is still pregnant with her and her father is leaving too and never come back again.

This letter.. Her life maybe depends on it now.

So-hyun.. If something happened towards Yoo-hee.. Give her this letter. She will know how to answer everything about her life. And if it's already the time.. Marry them. Just with that.. I can repay Ji-tae. This is not as meaningful as how Ji-tae saved me during the war.. But i think it's enough for saving Yoo-hee's life so that she could feeling the warmness from a family.

So-hyun.. The company maybe only belongs to Ji-yong and Baekhyun. But my great love belongs to you, Ji-yong, my daughter in law Sa-eun, Baekhyun, and Yoo-hee..

Thank you, So-hyun ah. For giving me a chance to feel how meaingful is life. I'll forever with you.

"Grandpa.." Yoo-hee said as she cry. She realize why Grandma Park is really good towards her and how she approaching her first back then.. Yoo-hee feels grateful after reading this letter. Her life is not as pitiful as what she think actually.

And eventough she had to tie a knot with them trough a marriage, it's for her life. She realize sooner or later.. She had to do this meaningful will.

Married Baekhyun. Like what His grandfather wanted to. Eventough she doesn't like it or not.. But she has to.

And she know that it won't be easy.

 



"Eh?" Baekhyun said as he shocked to hear that Yoo-hee have his grandfather's will. Grandma Park take a look at him.

"And because of your rude behavior, you can't open it by yourself now. You need HER to open it." Grandma Park said as she emphasized the word "her". Baekhyun confused.

"I.. I can looking for her now, and ask about it!" Baekhyun said as he hurrily stand up from his position, just to make himself getting a slap from his father.

"You shameless! Now after you know the reason, you'll looking after her?! You may need to kneel in front of her to get an apologize from her!"

Baekhyun just quiet. For the first time on his life, he got a slap from his father. Baekhyun take a look at his father.

"Appa. Do you know that it's the first time you slap me?"

"I must be embarassed my father. I need to say sorry too towards uncle Ji-tae now, that my son hurting his grand daughter, who he never know that she was existed on his life."

Baekhyun shocked. He's trying hard to hold back his tears.

Grandma Park take a look at Baekhyun.

"Find her."

Baekhyun turns his head slowly. Grandma Park staring at him.

"Find her, and i'll forgive you."