Chapter 8; Hard to Get?

Two People (두 사람)

Everyone is get ready for dinner. Yoo-hee and the maids are busy preparing the food. Mr. Byun walk into the dining table, where Baekhyun is already there. Mr. Byun take a seat in front of his son.

"Look at the food.. It must be delicious."

Grandma Park smile. "Thanks to Yoo-hee, i cook again after 5 years." 

Mr. Byun smile proudly as he take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"My father's choice is never wrong." 

"Yeah." Mrs. Byun said as she take a seat beside her husband. "Lucky you to marry such a pretty girl like me."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in disbelief. Then, Yoo-hee come towards him as she give him the food. And not forget about it, she put a bowl of sauce in front of him. 

Baekhyun looking at her awkwardly, as they still not talking to each other after this morning fight. Yoo-hee just quiet as she trying to ignore Baekhyun. 

"I want a cold water." Mr. Byun said. Yoo-hee take a look at him. 

"I'll get it for you, abeonim." Yoo-hee said as she's going to walk to the refridgerator. 

"Don't worry, Yoo-hee ah. Just sit. I'll get it for him." Mrs. Byun said as she get up from her position. Yoo-hee just quiet. She doesn't want to sit beside Baekhyun.

But then, a hand grab her skirt as it tell her to sit. 

Yoo-hee turns her head. Baekhyun is holding her skirt while trying not to looking at her. 

"Just sit and eat now." Baekhyun said. Yoo-hee sighs. She let go of Baekhyun's hand from her skirt and sit beside him. 

"Let's eat." Grandma Park said after they finish their pray. Everyone is start to eating except for one person. Baekhyun is not moving an inch to get his food or something. Yoo-hee take a look at him. 

"Why?"

"My shirt.." Baekhyun said. "I need to roll my sleeves first but i can't do it by my self."

Yoo-hee sighs. She put her chopsticks and help Baekhyun to roll his sleeves. Mrs. Byun take a look at them, and she chuckle. Mr. Byun give a sign to Grandma Park and Mrs. Byun to not paying any attention to them by shaking his head. 

Baekhyun finish to roll his sleeves. He take a glance at Yoo-hee, but she just quietly eat her food. Baekhyun looking at her carefully, but then, he spotted a scar on her finger. Looks like she just get it today. Baekhyun sighs. 

 

"Oh, i'm so full." Grandma Park said as she rub her stomach. Yoo-hee take a look at her. 

"I'll wash the dish then." Yoo-hee said as she gets up from her position. Baekhyun turns his head. 

Grandma Park shakes her head. "You don't have to do that! Let the maids do it, you must be tired!" 

Yoo-hee smiles. "No grandma. Let me do the dish- 

Baekhyun suddenly gets up from his seat. He take a look at Yoo-hee, and he drag her into their room. Leaving the elder speechless. 

"Omo that boy. Is he really can't stand.." Mrs. Byun said as she raised her eyebrows. 

 

*****

 

"What are you doing?!" Yoo-hee said as she try to let go of her hand. Baekhyun just quiet. He open the door and suddenly push her into the bed. 

"Baekhyun!" Yoo-hee said as she fall into the bed. Baekhyun ignore her as he take something from the drawer.

A bandage. Yoo-hee take a look at him. Baekhyun sit beside her. 

"Your finger." 

Yoo-hee confused. "Huh?"

Baekhyun sighs. He take Yoo-hee's hand and take a look at her finger, which having a scar. Yoo-hee just quiet. 

"How can you cut yourself? Clumsy." Baekhyun said as he put the bandage on Yoo-hee's finger. Yoo-hee take a look at him. 

"Ah.. No wonder why it suddenly hurts." 

Baekhyun take a look at her. "You don't have to do everything. My grandma will think she must be a burden for you." 

Yoo-hee surprised. "Really? But if i do nothing, that will be more burden.." 

"You take a bath, you walk, you bothering me, what is it called by do nothing?" Baekhyun said as he gets up from his position. Yoo-hee gasp. 

"I'm going to take a bath." Baekhyun said. He walks into the bathroom. Yoo-hee just staring at him. 

"Prepare my pajamas!" Baekhyun shout from the bathroom. Yoo-hee raised her eyebrows. 

"Eh? Why don't you do it by yourself?!" 

"So you can do something~" 

Yoo-hee let out a sigh. Loud enough for Baekhyun to hear it. 

Without she know it, he actually laugh happily to finally can talk to her again.

 

 

Baekhyun walk out from the bathroom and take his laptop as he going to finish some work. He walks into the bed but then, he stop right in front of the bed. 

Yoo-hee is already sleeping peacefully. She must be really tired as they just arrived today. Baekhyun smiles. He leans her head into the pillow and put the blanket. Then, he sit at the bed. 

"She must be overworked. Aigoo this nerd."  

Baekhyun turn on his laptop and later he drown into his own world as he work again. Back to his workaholic hobby. Baekhyun seriously focus on his laptop when suddenly a head is leaning on his thigh. 

Yoo-hee moves her head into Baekhyun's thigh, and Baekhyun suddenly froze. He blinks his eyes as he surprised. But the girl on his lap is just sleeping without think about anything while the guy beside her is blushing right now. 

"Kang Yoo-hee.." Baekhyun said slowly. But of course Yoo-hee won't realize it. Baekhyun sighs. Then, he turn off his laptop and put it on the table beside him. He slowly move Yoo-hee's head into the pillow again and he lay his body, facing Yoo-hee's face. 

"When i agree to marry her, i thought that my world was fall. I can't do anything by myself, i had to think about my future, and i had to take care of someone. I thought at first, it would be really tiring."

Baekhyun staring at Yoo-hee, who is still sleeping. He smiles. 

"But.. I was wrong. I think it's quite fun. Fun to do anything with someone, think about future with someone, and fun to take care of someone.."

Baekhyun pats Yoo-hee's head softly. He keep staring at her. 

"Especially with her. I can't wait for it."

 


The morning has arrive. Baekhyun still sleeping peacefully under the blanket. It feels really comfortable and he doesn't want to be bothered by anything this time. Well, something is going to bother him. 

Baekhyun slowly open his eyes. Why it feels so strange? 

"Wait.. Where's she?" 

Baekhyun gets up from his position. He rubs his eyes as he still sleepy. Just then, he take a look at the clock. 

"WHAT THE?!" Baekhyun said as he jump from the bed. It's 7.32 am. He is really late for someone who should be at the office at 8.00 am. Baekhyun groans. 

"KANG YOO-HEE WHY THE HECK YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME?!" 

 

"Is he alright.." Yoo-hee said as she prepare the breakfast. She worried about Baekhyun, who is running late now. 

"Let him be!" Mrs. Byun said as she put the plate. "He is having such a bad habit to wake up early! If we waking him up, we just got hit or groans. He should learn now that he is not a child anymore." 

Yoo-hee sighs. Mrs. Byun is right. Every words that come out from is correct. 

Flashback this morning, 6.05 am 

Yoo-hee's phone is ringing nonstop as the alarm is turning on, waking its owner. Yoo-hee reach her phone and hurrily turning it off. She take a look at her phone. 

"It's still early.." Yoo-hee said. She open her eyes slowly, and find someone is sleeping right in front of her face. 

"Baekhyun?" 

Yoo-hee blinked her eyes. She is surprised by how close they're now. But then, she start to staring at him. 

"He looks really tired. Look at those eyebags. How can he still having some energy to fight with me?"

Yoo-hee smile. The grumpy, cold, and rude Baekhyun she knows is having this side. This innocent, childish, and warm side that only appear when he is sleeping. She's staring at him. 

But then, she realize something. 

"Isn't he should be at work by 8.00 am?"

"Baekhyun.." Yoo-hee said as she nudge Baekhyun's elbow. But he is still in deep sleep. Yoo-hee thinks for a while. 

"Byun Baekhyun. Wake up. You should go to work." Yoo-hee said as she shaking his body. But still, no response. 

"Baekhyun." 

"Baekhyun?" 

"Baekhyun!" 

"Argh it's annoying." Yoo-hee said, about to angry. She take a breath, and put a smile on her face. 

"Baekhyun ah.. It's time for you to wake up.." Yoo-hee said as she slowly shaking his body. At first, it was slow. But then..

"Byun Baekhyun!!!!!" Yoo-hee said as she shaking his body harshly. And just then, she got a hit on her hand. 

"Stop it, you annoying nerd!" Baekhyun said as he hug bolsters and going to sleep again. Yoo-hee sighs. She get up from her position. 

"Aigoo whatever! I'm going to prepare breakfast!" 

"Whatever!!" Baekhyun shout in return, and sleep again. 

Flashback end 

Yoo-hee just finishing cook an omurice. She put it on the plate. Soon, the maids take the plate and put it on the dining table. Yoo-hee take a glance at the second floor. She sighs. 

"Is he still sleeping? Should i waking him up again?" 

But then, a sound of slam is heard by everyone in the house. Baekhyun is walking; no, actually running downstairs straight into the dining room, and you know why he is coming into there. 

"Kang Yoo-hee!!" 

Yoo-hee turns her head, and she surprised. Baekhyun is trying to catch his breath. Then, he take a look at her.

"Why you didn't wake me up?!" 

"She is already waking you up, and got a hit as an answer." Mrs. Byun said, coming from her room. Yoo-hee just quiet. 

"Eomma!" Baekhyun groans. "Who is your child actually? Why you always defend her?" 

A flick come into Baekhyun's forehead. Mrs. Byun take a look at him. 

"Aigoo this boy! I'm your mother and i know every little thing about you, especially that BAD HABIT OF WAKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING!" Mrs. Byun said as she let out a sigh. Baekhyun just quiet. He lose now. 

"Argh! Whatever! I'm going now!" Baekhyun said as he hurrily walk out from the house. Yoo-hee surprised. She hurrily run towards him and blocked his way. Baekhyun glaring at her. 

"But you haven't eat your breakfast!" 

"I already full. Move!" 

And with that, Baekhyun harshly push her to the other side. Yoo-hee thinks for something. 

"Wait!" Yoo-hee said as she hurrily run into the dining room. Baekhyun stops at his position. 

"Where is she?"

 

5 minutes later, some steps is hearing as it come towards the garage. Baekhyun hurrily entering the car as he hear that steps. Jongin take a look at him, confused. 

"Aren't you waiting for her? Why you suddenly entering the car?" 

Not long after that, Yoo-hee is coming out from the house. She take a look at the car, and hurrily run. She knock the window. 

"What? What?!" Baekhyun said, trying to sound annoying. Jongin chuckle. 

"Here, your breakfast. Eat when you have a time." Yoo-hee said as she give him the lunchbox. Baekhyun blink his eyes. 

"Uh, yeah. Whatever. Can i go now? I'm late!" 

Yoo-hee nods. Soon, the window is being closed and Baekhyun's car is moving. Yoo-hee let out a sigh. 

"Oh, i'm so tired now!" 

 


"Aigoo. What a good way to start your morning." Baekhyun said as he lean his head into the window. Jongin take a glance to Baekhyun. 

"Director. You're not playing hard to get with your wife right?" 

Baekhyun surprised by Jongin sudden question. He coughs. 

"Hard.. Hard to get? Am i a teenager?!" 

Jongin thinks for a while. "Let's think about it. After you running late, you still looking for her and fight for nothing. Then, when she told you to wait, actually you waited for her and when she was coming, you hurrily enter the car for no reason. If you're not playing hard to get, you won't do that, right?" 

Baekhyun try to look not obvious. "Think about work, you stupid! Not about my personal life!" 

Jongin nods. He take a look at Baekhyun. 

"I'll take it as yes." 

"Kim Jongin you!" Baekhyun said annoyed. Jongin laughs. 

"You can eat your breakfast, Director. I won't tease you for that." 

"I'm not hungry!" Baekhyun said grumpily. Jongin just nod lazily. 

"Yes.. Yes.. Director."

Their car is arriving at the office. Baekhyun hurrily walk out from his car. He take a look at his watch. 07.59 am. He is safe. 

"What a luck." Baekhyun said as he casually walk entering the office. Jongin also walk out from the car. But then, he open the back door.

Jongin take the lunchbox, it looks untouchable. He is staring at it. 

"Does he eat the food?" Jongin said curiously. He hurrily open the lunchbox. 

And a smile appear on his face. 

"He is really playing hard to get." Jongin said as he close the empty lunchbox. Then, he walk into the office happily.