Chapter 4; Reunited

Two People (두 사람)

Yoo-hee surprised after hearing that Baekhyun is agree to marry her, like what his grandfather's will. Yoo-hee just quiet. 

And don't forget. She also surprised because they're too close now that anyone that see them will think they're kissing. 

Baekhyun sighs. He move backwards and lay his back into the chair. 

"Let's go home." Baekhyun said. He open the window on Yoo-hee's side. 

"Yah Jongin! Cancel all my schedule and let's go home." 

Jongin surprised. He widen his eyes. 

"Eh? Pardon?" 


Baekhyun and Yoo-hee is on their way into Baekhyun's house. Yoo-hee take a glance at Baekhyun, who is just staring at the window while holding the letter. 

"I don't know what's on his mind now.. But i hope he won't regret it."

"You can take back your words." 

Baekhyun turns his head towards Yoo-hee. 

"What?"

Yoo-hee take a look at him. "You can take back your words. Marrying me? You look like someone who's trying to jump from the cliff now." 

Baekhyun let out a sigh. "Take back my words?" He pointing at the letter. "For the sake of my grandfather, i will do whatever he want." 

Yoo-hee take a look at him. Now, she is the one who's not ready for this. What should she say to her mother? Her siblings? This is just too sudden. 

"Okay." Yoo-hee said. She nods. "But.. Just don't regret it."

"Whatever." Baekhyun said as he take a look at the outside. Ignoring Yoo-hee. Yoo-hee sighs. 

As both of them just quiet all the way to Baekhyun's home, they're arrive now as the car is entering the garage. Baekhyun turns his head towards Yoo-hee. And suddenly, he grab her wrist and interlock their fingers.

"What?" Yoo-hee said as she chuckled by Baekhyun's action. 

"Just.. Don't let go of my hands today. And don't even trying to runaway."

"I'm home." Baekhyun said half shouting. Loud enough for people in this big house to hear. All the maid run hurrily as their young master come home so sudden. 

"Is there something left behind?" Said of the maid. Baekhyun shakes his head. 

"No. Where's my mother and grandma?" 

Grandma Park is still laying on her bed. She doesn't even touch her food. Mrs. Byun looks really worried now. 

"Eommonim.. I made your favorite porridge.. Let's eat, okay? At least you have to eat something so you can yell to Baekhyun all day long, okay?" Mrs. Byun beg to Grandma Park. But Grandma Park not moving an inch from her position. Mrs. Byun sigh. But then, someone is knocking the door. 

"Madam. Young master is here." 

Mrs. Byun shocked. "Baekhyun? Is he not going to work?!" 

"Grandma." Baekhyun said as he barge into the room. Mrs. Byun stand up from her position and her eyes are widen as she see something unusual. 

"Baekhyun?! Yoo-hee?!" 

After hearing a name that she really wanted to see, Grandma Park suddenly get up from her position. She turns her eyes. There's Yoo-hee standing next to Baekhyun, who is holding her hands tight. 

"Yoo-hee ah! My grand daughter!" 

"Grandma.." Yoo-hee said as she looking at Grandma Park, who looks really pale. She is about to run towards her, but Baekhyun hold her. 

"Congratulations grandma." Baekhyun said. He take a deep breath. 

"I'll marry Yoo-hee." 

"What?!" Mrs. Byun said, shocked. She pinch herself. "I'm not dreaming, right?"

Grandma Park let out a relieved sigh. She close her eyes as she lowering her head. 

"Thank you god for hearing my pray." 

Yoo-hee take a look at Grandma Park. She looks really sad as Grandma really happy to hear that. 

"At first.. I think i want to runaway and moved into another country or changed my identity to hide from this reality. But now.."

Grandma Park is wiping her tears as Mrs. Byun hug her happily. Yoo-hee can't help but smile, eventough she can feel the pressure. 

"I should face this reality." 

 

*****

 

Grandma Park is now happily eating her porridge with Yoo-hee and Baekhyun beside her. Grandma Park take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Yoo-hee ah. When will we meet your mother? It's been 15 years since the last time i saw her."

"Uh.." Yoo-hee take a glance at Baekhyun. But Baekhyun don't have any answer for that queation. He actually just realize that he need to meet her mother. 

"Yeah.. How fool i am. Why i didn't even think about it?" Baekhyun said on his mind. 

"Let's just invite her tonight." Baekhyun said. Yoo-hee shocked. 

"That sounds good." Grandma Park said. Yoo-hee look confused now. 

"When will she come back from her work?" Grandma Park ask. Yoo-hee thinks for a while. 

"Around 7 pm.." Yoo-hee said. Grandma Park nods. 

"Then.. Let's pick her at 5 pm." 


"Eomma." Yoo-hee said as she called her mom. Baekhyun is take a glance at her. 

"Uh? What?" Her mother said. Yoo-hee take a deep breath. 

"Grandma Park.. She is inviting us to have a dinner tonight.." 

"What?! Really?!" Her mother said in excitement. Yoo-hee let out a sigh. 

"Yeah. I'll pick you at 5 pm. Bring Seol and Yeol, okay?" Yoo-hee said. Not long after that, she hung up the phone. She looks really stressed now. Baekhyun take a look at her. 

"You also need to change your clothes." Baekhyun said as he looking at her from head to toe. "Wear something pretty at least." 

"Wear something pretty my ." Yoo-hee said slowly. But loud enough for Baekhyun to hear that. 

"Heol. So that's how the nerdy swearing?" Baekhyun said in a high tone. Yoo-hee turns her head lazily. 

"Yes.. Yes. I'll definitely wear something pretty." 

 

*****

 

"Eomma. Where are we going?" Yeol said as he wearing his shirt. Yoo-hee's mother is hurrily take a flat shoes and give it to Seol. 

"We are going to meet someone important. Don't forget to keep your manners and greet them politely, okay?" 

And the bell is ringing. Yoo-hee's mother is hurrily walking to the door, but then, her smile is drop as she confused. 

"Is this Mrs. Kang Ji-hye's house?" 

Yoo-hee's mother nod. "Yes. And who are you?"

"I'm Kim Jongin." Jongin said as he bow politely. "Miss Kang ask me to pick you up." 

 

Yoo-hee is doing her make up now by help from the make up artist. She looks really pretty as she wear an elegant black satin dress. 

"Omo.. You're really pretty." Said the make up artist. Yoo-hee just smile as she feels embarassed to hear that. 

"Are you ready?" Baekhyun said as he suddenly enter the room. And when he take a look at Yoo-hee, he suddenly froze on his position. 

"How can she look that gorgeous?!

"Have you done?" Yoo-hee ask to Baekhyun. Baekhyun surprised.  

"Oh? Oh.. Yes. I'm done." Baekhyun said. He's trying to keep his cold image. 

When actually, it melts now. 

"Your girlfriend is really pretty, Director. Every guy in this country will be jealous at you." The make up artist said happily. Baekhyun just grin.

"Let's go." Yoo-hee said as she walk closer towards him. Baekhyun looking at her, he confused.

"Why.. Why my heart is beating faster?! This is really not me. Really not my self!" 

"Baekhyun?" Yoo-hee said as he drown in his thought. Yoo-hee confused. But then, she tap his shoulder and he chuckled. 

"What?!" Baekhyun said in shocked. Yoo-hee confused. 

"Let's go?" 

 

*****

 

"Ji-hye ah!" Mrs. Byun giggles as she meet again with Yoo-hee's mother. Yoo-hee looking at them, and smile. 

"Aigoo.. Look at this. They're twins right?" Grandma Park ask happily. Both Seol and Yeol bows towards her politely. 

"Yes, grandma. The older is Yeol, and the youngest is Seol." Yoo-hee said as she introduce her siblings. Baekhyun just staring at her. 

"She looks amazing.." Jongin said. Loud enough for Baekhyun to hear and turns his head towards Jongin. 

"Any woman who wears make up is more amazing than her." Baekhyun said. Trying to control his expression. Jongin take a look at him. 

"Are you nervous? Seems like she already take you heart." 

Baekhyun surprised. He glares at Jongin. "Yah! Kim Jongin!"

"I know you really well, hyung." Jongin said as he walk to eat some fruit. "You can't lie to me."

Baekhyun sighs as he pinch his nosebridge. He turns his head again to see Yoo-hee. 

"Yeah.. Actually she is quite amazing for make me dizzy and nervous."

"Ji-hye." Mr. Byun said in disbelief, he then hug Yoo-hee's mother. 

"It feels like i meet my sister again, right mom?" Mr. Byun said towards Grandma Park, which get a smile as the answer.

"Aigoo look at you. Work really hard to make Sa-eun happy." Yoo-hee's mother said. Mrs. Byun is start to blushing. 

"Ah eonni!" 

The dinner is starting now as everyone is enjoying their food. Baekhyun and Yoo-hee is sit side by side as Grandma Park request it. While Yoo-hee eat her food in peace, a guy beside her is eating nervously. Baekhyun can't help but sometimes, he take a glance towards Yoo-hee, who is busy taking care of her siblings. 

"Oh god. What's wrong with me?!" 

"So.. Actually.. Ji-hye, we're here to talking about something important." Mr. Byun said. Everyone turns their attention towards him. 

"Important? What is it?" Yoo-hee's mother ask. Yoo-hee take a look at her mother nervously. 

Mr. Byun take a breath. 

"I want Baekhyun to marry Yoo-hee."

Yoo-hee's mother surprised. She hurrily take a glass and drink her water. Then, she take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Baekhyun.. Marry Yoo-hee?"