Chapter 14; I'm His Wife

Two People (두 사람)

Baekhyun arrive at the bar. He's scanning the room as he looking for someone.. And he found it. A woman in front of a bartender while asking for a drink. Baekhyun make a step towards her. 


"Vodka." 


Ye-seul turns her head. Then, she smile.

"You're here? I thought you wouldn't come."

The bartender give Baekhyun his drink. Baekhyun hurrily make a shot. He take a look at Ye-seul.

"I come to make sure this will end up in here. And this is our last encounter." 

Ye-seul's smile drop as she hear Baekhyun's words. She hold her glass tight.  

 

"So you hate me that much." 

 

Baekhyun just quiet. He take another sip. 

"I can't forgive you for left me like that."

"Yeah. It maybe that hard but.. I'm here now. Coming back to you."

 

Baekhyun laughs. 

 

"Coming back?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Ye-seul. "You're running away from your responsibility just because you lose. And you know? I hate that type of people." 

Ye-seul holding back her anger. She bit her lower lips. 

 

"Then.. You also running away." 

 

Ye-seul turns her head. "You run because you can't stand of the pain and married with someone."

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He take a look at Ye-seul, coldly.

 

"Don't you know i was going to propose you that day?" 

 

Ye-seul surprised. She's staring at Baekhyun, scared. 

 

Flashback.

Ye-seul is busy decorating her house. Balloons, birthday banner, and the cake is ready. Ye-seul smile happily. But then, that smile is gone from her face as something on top of the table caught her attention. 

A flight ticket. 

Ye-seul take the flight ticket. She's staring at it for a long time.

"At least i will say a proper goodbye to him." 

Soon, the bell is ringing. Ye-seul turns her head. She hurrily put the flight ticket behind the cake. 

"Turn your body!" Ye-seul said behind the door. Baekhyun confused. 

"Eh? Why?" 

"Just turn your body!" Ye-seul said. She take a deep breath, and open the door. 

"What on earth you ask me to do this- Baekhyun suddenly quiet. Ye-seul cover his eyes using her hand.

"Follow me." 

Baekhyun is getting more confused. "Ye-seul ah, what is actually- 

"One.." Ye-seul said as she take a step. Baekhyun following her step. 

"Two.." 

"Song Ye-seul. What is actually happening?"

"Three.." Ye-seul said, she's excited.

"Ye-seul?" 

"Four.."

"Song Ye-seul."

"Five!" 

Just then, Ye-seul let go of her hand and soon, Baekhyun can see everything in front of him. 

Baekhyun chuckle. He turns his head towards Ye-seul.

"Hey.." 

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday, happy birthday.." 

Ye-seul walk closer towards Baekhyun. She kiss his cheek. 

"Happy birthday, Byun Baekhyun!" 

There's a wide smile appears on Baekhyun's face. He take a look at all the decoration happily. 

"How can you think of this?" Baekhyun said as he take one of the balloon. Ye-seul just smile. 

But slowly, Ye-seul's hand is approaching the flight ticket behind the cake. She move it in front of the cake. 

"Hey! You make a cake?" Baekhyun said excitedly as he turns his head. Then, something caught his attention. 

"What is that?" Baekhyun said as he take the flight ticket. Ye-seul just quiet. 

Baekhyun read the ticket. "Tuesday, 7 May 2012. Sochi?" 

 

"Russia." 

 

Baekhyun turns his head. He raised his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? We're going to have a trip?" 

Ye-seul staring at Baekhyun. 

 

"I'm.. Going to Sochi." 

 

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He take a look at Ye-seul. 

"Uh.. Yeah. When will you come back-

"I'm not going to come back. I'll trained there for several years." 

Baekhyun widen his eyes in shocked. 

"Ye-seul ah.."

Ye-seul holding back her tears. "I already made a decision. As you know, i give my life for swimming. And i won't say no this time. It's already the time i living my dreams." 

Baekhyun gasp in disbelief. 

"You're lying." 

"I'm telling you the truth." 

Baekhyun laughs. He rub his forehead.

"This must be a joke." 

 

"Let's break up." 

 

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. His face looks stern now. 

"What?" 

"Let's break up, Baekhyun." 

"Song Ye-seul!" 

"I'll take it as yes." Ye-seul said, not even looking at Baekhyun, who looks hurt. 

"You're so cruel." Baekhyun said as he staring Ye-seul. Ye-seul take a breath. She turns her head. 

"Let's eat the cake." Ye-seul said like nothing happened. She is about to hold Baekhyun's hand, but Baekhyun take a step backwards.

 

"I swear i won't see you anymore." 

 

And with that, Baekhyun leave the house. Leaving Ye-seul alone. Soon, she fall into the floor. 

Baekhyun walking out angrily from the house. He turns his eyes. 

 

"I swear.. I won't ever stepped on this house forever." 

 

Baekhyun clenched his fist and spit in front of Ye-seul's house. Baekhyun hurrily enter his car and about to turn on the engine, but he can't. He let out his anger by hitting the steering wheel. 

"Song Ye-seul!! How can you!!!" 

Baekhyun tears are falling. He lean his head into the steering wheel. 

Right at the seat beside him, there's a  little navy box with a ribbon. Baekhyun turns his head to the box. 

"I won't.. See you anymore." 

And with that, Baekhyun turn on the engine and leave the house. Leaving all the memories with him. 

 

Flashback end. "How cruel you were that time.. I still remember it." Baekhyun said. "Yes. I'm running away because of the pain and married to someone. Why? Can't i do that? You do everything you like. Why can't i?" 

Ye-seul just quiet. Tears are start falling from her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I regret it." 

Baekhyu take a look at Ye-seul. Then, he laughs. 

"Regret? Stop saying nonsense. I'm not affected by that." 

Ye-seul wipe her tears. She nods. 

"Yeah. You're not affected. So sad." Ye-seul said as she pour liquor into her glass and Baekhyun's glass. She take a look at Baekhyun. 

"That's why, let's end it now, Byun Baekhyun." 

 

 

Yoo-hee is having a dinner by herself. Mr and Mrs. Byun is already asleep since it's late at night, likewise Grandma Park. 

 

"Seeing how broken you are today, i realize maybe you holding it on your mind for a long time. That's not good."

 

Yoo-hee suddenly quiet. She put the spoon  as she stop eating. 

"How to say it? How to explain how much it hurted me?" 

But then, her phone is ringing. Yoo-hee turns her head, and answer the call. 

"Yes, Jongin ssi? What makes you calling me at this time-

"Madam! Hurry pick director now! I think someone is going to do something bad to him!" 

Yoo-hee suddenly gets up from her position. She looks really shocked now. 

"Where.. Where is he now?" 

 

 

Yoo-hee walk out from a cab. She take a look at the building in front of her. 

 

A hotel. 

 

Yoo-hee take a deep breath. She hurrily run into the hotel. 

"Madam!" Jongin shout as he walk out from the car. Yoo-hee turns her head. Jongin hurrily run approaching her.

"Where's he?!" Yoo-hee said worriedly. Jongin slowly points at the hotel.

"I'm sorry, madam. To not taking care properly of him." 

"Let's go!" Yoo-hee said as she hurrily run inside the hotel. Jongin turns his head, and he nods happily. 

"Yeah. We got you Song Ye-seul."

 


Ye-seul is at the receptionist with Baekhyun on her arm. The receptionist looking at her confusedly. 

"President suit room." 

The receptionist surprised. She take a look at Ye-seul.

"For?.."

"One." Ye-seul said confidently. The receptionist nods. 

Just then, the lobby door is opened and some steps coming. Yoo-hee stop her tracks when her eyes meet Baekhyun, who is in a woman's arm. Yoo-hee widen her eyes in shocked.

Jongin enter the lobby. He take a look at Yoo-hee. 

"Madam. Go get him now." 

Yoo-hee looks scared. "I.. I can't. I'm scared."

Jongin let out a sigh. He hold Yoo-hee's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, madam for being rude. But if you don't do this, you'll regret it. I swear." 

Yoo-hee thinks for a while. She turns her head. Baekhyun and that woman is still there. Her heart is beating faster. 

"You should open up, Kang Yoo-hee."

 

"Baekhyun!" 

 

Ye-seul turns her head. Yoo-hee is walking towards her, following by Jongin. Ye-seul take a look at her. 

"Jongin?" Ye-seul said as she take a glance at him. Jongin lowering his head. 

"It's been a long time, sunbaenim." Jongin said. Ye-seul nods. Then, she turns her eyes towards Yoo-hee. 

"And.. Who are you, miss?" 

Yoo-hee quiet for a while. She clenched her fist. 

 

"I'm Baekhyun's wife." 

 

Ye-seul widen her eyes, shocked. Her body is trembling now. 

"Ah.. Uh.. Really?" Ye-seul said, pretend to be fine. "I'm about to inform you that Baekhyun is drunk, but i don't have your number. Glad to see you here." 

The receptionist and Jongin chuckle. All of them know that she is lying. Yoo-hee just quiet. She take a look at Ye-seul. 

"Now.. Let me take care of him. Thank you for your kindness." 

With that, Jongin and Yoo-hee hurrily hold Baekhyun and bring him into the car. Ye-seul just quiet. She hold her bag tightly. 

Jongin take a glance at Baekhyun. Now, they're on their way to house. Yoo-hee just staring at the outside. 

 

"Umm.. Madam.. Are you okay?" 

 

Yoo-hee turns her head. Then, she smile.

"I'm okay. Thank you for calling me, Jongin ssi." 

Jongin smile. "It's nothing! I smell something fishy when she brought him into the cab and decided to follow them, but then she went to a hotel! Woah! That makes me angry! I know i need to do something! That's why, i called you madam. I'm sorry." 

Yoo-hee chuckle. "Why you feel sorry? You did a god job." 

Jongin smile. Soon after he doesn't pay any attention to her anymore, Yoo-hee lowering her head. Tears are falling from her eyes. 

"How can be today is so tiring and full of pain? I'm tired from crying. I'm tired from thinking negatively. But the reality hit me. I just found out that he actually went out with her. Just like the message said."

Yoo-hee's tears fall into Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun open his eyes slowly. He take a glance to his hand. 

 

"Is she.. Crying now? Because of me?"  

 

Baekhyun take a glance towards Yoo-hee. Yoo-hee still crying. She wipes her tears. Baekhyun glancing at her, he feels regret about anything that happened towards her. He turns his eyes into his hand.

 

"I'm sorry. For being such a bad husband for you."