Chapter Twenty Three - The Truth

One Playboy & One Beautiful Princess

*Aaron’s POV*

            Gui Gui didn’t come to school today. I asked Ya Tou and Selina where she was but they didn’t tell me. I really want to apologize to her that day when I left. But I just couldn’t not after I saw her and Show again. Maybe I should let her go. Maybe I never loved her that much? Maybe she didn’t love me that much either.

            “You should stop thinking that much,” Ya Tou said as if she knew what I was thinking about. She sat down next to Selina and ate her lunch while talking.

            “Is Gui Gui going with you to the party tonight?” Calvin asked. I shook my head.

            “I thought you guys confessed to each other that night,” Chun said. How did he know? I look at him asking for an answer and he points to Calvin.

            “Not me, him,” Calvin said pointing at Jiro.

            “How did you know?” I asked.

           Jiro answered, “I overheard Selina and Ya Tou talking about it.” Selina slaps Jiro on the arm.

            “Whatever I think that we were both not ourselves that night, I think that she was just kidding about what she said,” I said.

            Ya Tou slammed her hands on the table and gets up. “Gui Gui won’t joke around about these things! She’s just confused now and besides there are some things that you don’t know yourself!” Ya Tou shouted at me. What was she talking about?

            Selina pulled her down and told her to calm down. She seemed to stop Ya Tou from saying what she was going to say.

            “I’m sorry, it’s just I’m always like this once it has something to do with Gui Gui or Selina,” Ya Tou apologizes after calming down. I didn’t blame her.

            “What Ya Tou means is Gui Gui would never joke around like that, and you guys aren’t ‘official’ yet right?” Selina asked. She had a point, technically I never asked Gui Gui to be my girlfriend. We were only together for that night.

            I couldn’t think straight during class. I kept starring at the empty seat next to me. I felt so lonely. The bell finally rang and I drove back home to get ready. Everybody was excited about it in school. I wore a white suit and double checked my hair. When it was almost time there was a black limo waiting outside. Since my family had a great bond with Wu Enterprise and his father. The driver drove my parents and I to the fancy restaurant, I wasn’t surprised by how big it was. I went to find my friends and saw them near the food court.

            “Hey guys,” I said.

            Chun said something but I couldn’t understand him. His mouth was full of food.

            “You guys seen Gui Gui?” I asked. She said that she would be here.

            “She’s going to be here,” Ya Tou said.

            I looked around just to make sure. Then I heard many people talking about Show. Through the crowd I could see Show in his black suit. Next to him was a girl in a purple dress. Her hand was wrapped around his arm. But where was Gui Gui? Show came over to us and introduced us to Hu Die.

            “Where’s Gui Gui?” Selina asked.

            “I’m right here,” Gui Gui said. She was wearing a strapless blue dress, she looked even better than last time. But once she put her arms around Show, I could feel my anger rise. I tried to hold it to myself. Hu Die let got of Show and let them have a hug. This is so confusing.

            “Got to go now,” Show said. He kissed Hu Die on the cheek and pulled Gui Gui somewhere else.

            We stared at Hu Die and her face was bright red. But I was confused, why did Show kiss Hu Die? Didn’t he like Gui Gui?

            “Long time no see Hu Die,” Chun said. It seems like that he knew her for a long time too.

            “Same to you, is this your girlfriend? She looks so pretty,” Hu Die said pointing at Ya Tou making her blush. It really didn’t look like Ya Tou, she was wearing a green strapless dress which I heard from Selina that it wasn’t often for her to wear something like that.

            “No!” They both said at the same time. I know that Chun wouldn’t like Ya Tou, he treats her like a sister.

            “Plain classmates,” Ya Tou said.

            “Ya Tou, you should get a boyfriend already,” Hu Die said. Ya Tou shook her head.

            “You should tell someone else that,” Ya Tou said. I saw her eyes go to Selina but she ignored it.

            They were talking about their old memories and I had nothing else to do so I listened. Then I saw Wu Uncle on the stage with the microphone.

            “Thank you all for coming to this party,” he began. “I would like to thank everyone that has supported me and helped me with so much these past years. Without your support there wouldn’t be Wu Enterprise today, as you all know I’m getting old and I will hand my place to my dear son Show Wu,” he said pointing at Show.

            Show got up and went to the stage and everyone clapped their hands. “Thank you father,” he said.

            “When that day comes I want everyone to support Show and help him just like how they did for me,” Uncle Wu said.

            “This year’s party is not only thanks to everyone but I also want to introduce you to my beautiful daughter,” Uncle Wu started. “Everyone knows that I have a daughter but was never seen by any reporters, only the close ones know about her. But today I would like to introduce all of you to her and some of you would think she looks familiar,” he continued.

            Show smiled. “Everyone must be excited to know who she is. The daughter of Wu Enterprise is the one and only Wu Ying Jie or some of you might know her as Gui Gui,” Show said.

            Gui Gui? No way, she’s the daughter of Wu Enterprise? I saw her go up to the stage. It was really her. She introduced herself and everyone went back dancing and talking. That was some news. Gui Gui is Wu Ying Jie? Now to think of it, no one knew her real name in school.

            “Shocked?” Hu Die asked.

            I looked at the others and Jiro’s mouth was wide open. “Wait, you girls knew all along?” I asked Selina and Ya Tou.

            They nod their heads. “Sorry wasn’t allowed to tell you guys,” Selina said.

            I looked at Chun he wasn’t that surprised. Did he know all along? Calvin puts his arm around his shoulders and strangles him.

            “Did you know all along?” Jiro asked Chun facing really close to him.

            “Well…I already knew who she was once I saw her the first day,” Chun said.

            “And you didn’t tell me?” I asked crossing my arms.

            “I couldn’t tell you guys…” he said. I wasn’t really mad at him it was just funny to .

            Hu Die says to me, “Now you don’t have to be jealous of Show right?”

            “Huh?” I asked.

            “Just admit that you were jealous of him,” Calvin said.

            “It was so obvious,” Show said from behind. I turned and saw him walking towards us. He quickly grabbed Hu Die’s hand.

            “So when were you two official?” Ya Tou asked. They smiled and told us.

            I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT I WAS JEALOUS OF HER BROTHER! They were siblings and I thought… ugh since when was I so dumb? The others scattered around to dance and talk to others. While I was trying to find Gui Gui.

*END of Aaron’s POV*

 

************************

Aaron finally knows!!!! What will he do next? Comment please