Chapter Twenty One - Unexpected Guest

One Playboy & One Beautiful Princess

*Show’s POV*

            I was a little late, but when I got there I saw Gui Gui waiting. She ran to hug me. I was a little surprised, but not by Gui Gui’s actions. I was more surprised seeing Aaron, he didn’t seem to notice me.

            “Let’s go,” Gui Gui said. We got in the car and I drove away. I saw Aaron kick a soda can, did he see the hug? He looked so mad. I bet he was too jealous and didn’t notice that I saw him there. Gui Gui seemed slow too. I have to talk to her about it.

            I drove back to father’s place and when we got home I saw someone talking with my father in the living room. She turned around and I was stunned there.

            “Hu Die!” Gui Gui yelled running towards her open arms.

            “Gui Gui, I missed you so much,” she said. She let go of Gui Gui and looks at me.

            “Hey Show,” she said smiling.

            I was so nervous, why was she here? “H-hey Hu Die,” I managed to say.

            “Come sit down,” my father said. Gui Gui sat next to Hu Die while I sat next to my father, across from them.

            “When did you come back?” Gui Gui asked.

            “Just a few hours ago, Uncle Wu sent people to pick me up,” she answered.

            “You should’ve given me a call,” Gui Gui said.

            “I wanted to give you and Show a surprised,” she said smiling. She turned and saw me. Why was she staring at me?

            “You okay Show? You’ve been so quiet,” she said. I told her that I was fine.

            “Hu Die you must be tired, go take a nap in your room, Show go take Hu Die to her room, its right next to yours,” my father said.

            Why did my father send me and not Gui Gui? Hu Die got up and headed for the stairs. I got up and followed her. She knew this place very well already. I turned around and saw my father and my sister high five each other. I shake my head, who wouldn’t know what they were planning.

            I opened the door for Hu Die and everything was prepared. She took a look outside the window. She smiled and turned to me.

            “How are you?” She asks me suddenly.

            What am I suppose to answer? “Uhh, fine, I met Chun and his friends at Danson’s party and saw a lot of old friends too,” I said. I asked her how was her days in America and she told me that it was okay. I wonder what happened after I left America and went back to Taiwan, she looked so down and all.

          “Well…I guess I’ll take a nap now,” she said. Gosh why can’t you just say it to her Show Wu?

            “Uhh, okay then,” I said. How stupid am I? I walk out the door and she follows to close the door. When I was walking out I thought about the days I spent with her since we were kids. I had so many chances to tell her how I felt towards her but I was just too scared. I have to tell her how I feel. She was opened the door but I quickly closed it. She looked at me confused.

            “Hu Die, I have something to tell you,” I said. She waited for me to start, but I just couldn’t figure out how to say it.

            She sighs. “Show, we’ve been like best friends since we were kids, you can tell me anything, if it’s a secret, why not we play the game we always did when we were little?” She asked.

            I nod. We always had secrets inside ourselves. When ever I don’t know what to do, I would always go to her and tell her the things that was bothering me and she would tell me something in return. We walked to the balcony looking at outside.

            “There’s this girl in my life,” I started.

            “You like her?” She asks. I nod, I saw her head go down is she upset? But she quickly looks up and puts a fake smile. “Who is she?” She asks. Her voice almost cracked.

            “A very important person in my life, she’s the one that is right after my family,” I said. It was true she was important to me.

            “Does she know?” She asks turning around. I didn’t force her to see me.

            “No, I’ve always been an idiot when I’m around her,” I started. “I was always too scared to tell her how I felt, I was scared that she wouldn’t feel the same and I would lose my best friend,” I continued.

            “You should tell her,” she said. Was she crying? I tap her on the shoulders and she turns around her eyes were red.

            “Why are you crying?” I asked her while wiping a tear away. She says she wasn’t but of course she was lying.

            “I used to think that she was only my best friend until at some point it hit me that I didn’t like the guys around her. I didn’t like how they were flirting with her. I didn’t like how she was laughing and talking with the guys, it made me feel jealous,” I said.

            She started crying again. She turned her back towards me. Before I could say anything she started talking. “Stupid Show Wu, you really know how to hurt a girl,” she said.

            “What are you talking about?” I asked.

            She turned towards me. She was crying. “Making a girl wait too long is not good. What if she saw how close you and I are? You should tell her before she finds out that you have a best friend like me, she could get jealous,” she said. She walked away and I grabbed to hug her from behind.

            “S-Show,” she said startled.

            “Stupid, that girl is you, that girl in my life that was making me crazy for twenty years is you,” I said.

            She didn’t believe me. She made a fake laughter and said, “Hahaha, you’re kidding right? It’s not funny.”

            I turned her around to face me. I locked her face with my hands and told her, “I’m not laughing, and I’m not kidding around. Hu Die, I really love you, I was just too scared to tell you, it’s okay if you don’t feel the same way, I would understand,” I said as I let go of her.

            All of a sudden I felt a pair of warm lips on top of mine. She broke away and said, “Stupid, now that I know your secret, it’s my turn. I love you too Show and you had to make me wait that long for you to say it.”

            I was too shocked to say anything. I hugged her tightly in my arms. “I’m sorry for making you wait,” I said. “Hu Die, will you be my girlfriend?” I asked her. She nodded. I kissed her gently and hugged her again.

            “I still have to talk to Gui Gui, you want to come with me?” I asked her letting go of her. She asked me what happened and I told her everything.

            “Looks like Gui Gui has another admirer, let’s go,” she said. I held her hand walking to Gui Gui’s room.

*END of Show’s POV*

 

*****************

Sorry guys no GuiLun moments here... I'll update soon :D