The Gig

Emergency Room

Jong Kook hurriedly went back to In Na's office to ask for the confirmation. He was panting when he went to see her, so In Na had the hunch on why he's there. "You came in too late, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." said In Na. He was about to ask something, but In Na cut him when she said, "I bet that would be the words that will come out from Ji Hyo's mouth." Jong Kook looked at her and asked, "You knew?" In Na nodded at him as an answer and said, "I thought I was the world's pitiest person, but I guess you three are really giving it a fight."

"Hyung..." called Kwang Soo to Dong Wook. "Why are you here again?" asked Dong Wook. "Ya, hyung, we're cousins." reminded Kwang Soo which made Dong Wook smile. "I won't commit suicide again, don't worry." he said which made Kwang Soo stare at him. "If I commit suicide, you know, I think it shouldn't be a failure anymore." he added which made his cousin panic. "Hyung, two years have passed. Don't let the experience kill you." annoyed Kwang Soo reminded him. "Have you ever fallen in love, Kwang Soo-ya?" he then asked.

Kwang Soo smiled at him and said, "Of course, hyung. But I didn't let my heart be tormented. I took my brain with me." Dong Wook smiled and asked, "Who's the unlucky woman?" "Ya, hyung, what do you mean by unlucky? She isn't unlucky. I guess she's so lucky to have me, you, and Jong Kook-hyung in love with her." admitted Kwang Soo. "What did you say?" surprised Dong Wook asked. Kwang Soo just took the beer from Dong Wook's hand, and drank it. "Well, I can't blame you. She's just so beautiful in and out." commented Dong Wook.

Long hours have passed, and Jong Kook is now getting ready for his first gig. Although he's going to sing in a restaurant in Kansas, he could actually tell that most of the customers are Koreans. In Na went to see him before his first song, and she told him, "There seems to be a lot of people today because of you." He smiled at In Na and said, "Perhaps it is also because of a beautiful woman like you." Both of them smiled at each other, so In Na said, "If I didn't know the owner of your heart, I probably might give you my heart." They smiled again after hearing her words.

When he went up on the stage, he suddenly heard the people applauding him. He smiled since it has been a while since he sang songs. Before he became a very famous entertainer in South Korea, his first love and first job have something to do with singing. He gave them a bow as he introduced himself, "My name is Kim Jong Kook, and I haven't sung songs for quite some time already, so if I commit mistakes, please don't hate me." The customers laughed at him, so he smiled brightly at them. He has sung songs, and when it's for the last song, he asked, "Is there anyone here who wants to make a song request?" 

There were a lot of people who raised their hands, so he just chose the man who's wearing a very bright shirt. "What's your name?" he asked. "My name is Dong Wook." introduced the man that made him stop for a moment, but when the man continued with, "Shin Dong Wook", he smiled because he was reminded of his so-called friend who became estranged with him because of a certain woman. He then asked, "What's your request? Hopefully the band can also play it." The man named Shin Dong Wook then answered, "Izi's Emergency Room".

He smiled again as he was reminded of Song Ji Hyo singing that song when they went to a singing room for the first time. He nodded at Dong Wook and said, "That song might be very significant to you, isn't it?" Dong Wook nodded at him and answered, "It's a song that I want to dedicate to Lee Si Young wherever she is. I hope my requested song can reach her." The customers reacted in a good way upon hearing the requester's statement. He looked at his band mates and nodded at them when they said that they know how to play the song.

"Listen carefully then, Shin Dong Wook-ssi. This song is actually close to my heart, too. It makes me remember the times when I was with that woman whom I was in love with. No, it's actually with the woman I've always been in love with." Jong Kook then said as an introduction before the band started to play the said requested song. "I'm regretting the night that we fought. I blurted the words "let's end this" all because of my pride. I thought I'd see you soon. I had wished you'd come looking for me, but days have passed, and I haven't heard from you at all."

"You always treated me so well that I took you for granted. Now I know you had a hard time because of my stubborness. Stupid, I wasn't being serious. You still don't know me that well? I'm the only one who has your love. Please do not leave me. You always took my side, and I didn't realize how thankful I should be. Could you not forgive me for being childish and selfish? Stupid, I wasn't being serious. You still don't know me that well? I'm the only one who has your love. Please do not leave me. You're the only one that I love. Please don't leave me like this. Don't throw me away, just hold me tight. Come back so we can love again."

A loud round of applause made him open his eyes after he has sung the song. He can hear the customers' compliments about his singing voice, so he stood up and gave them a very grateful bow. When he went down the stage, In Na was waiting for him to give him a high five. They exchanged smile, and when he's packed up to leave, he heard someone asked him, "Are you still in love with that woman?" He turned around as soon as he heard the familiar voice, and when he saw who the owner of the voice was, he got caught between smiling and crying as he answered, "Of couse, I am. Even though she doesn't know, I have always been her man."