The Present

Emergency Room

"Congratulations!" Jong Kook told her as he gave her a thumb's up. She was looking at him from a distance while standing next to Dong Wook who was also surprised to know that Kwang Soo and Jong Kook are also with them in the same place. She wanted to go near Jong Kook to ask what he really said, so she stepped forward. But then, she wasn't able to move more when Dong Wook's right hand held her left hand. "Don't leave." said Dong Wook, who held her hand tighter than earlier. She doesn't know what to do until she saw Jong Kook leaving.

Jong Kook scolded himself for expecting too much. He thought Ji Hyo would run to him earlier, but when he saw how Dong Wook was able to stop her with just a hand, he realized that the game is already over. He turned around to leave for he can no longer bear the pain of seeing Dong Wook and Ji Hyo together again. "So this is how it feels." commented Jong Kook to Kwang Soo when he looked at the latter. "This is how it feels to see someone you love with someone else." he then confessed which made Kwang Soo shake his head.

"Hyung, you must have been mistaken." told Kwang Soo trying to make him feel better. "You probably think you're in love with that woman because you've been with her for so many days, and you tried to avenge Dong Wook-hyung, so... -" Kwang Soo stopped when he cut his talk by asking, "Should we just go to a singing room? I feel like venting out my emotions through songs." Kwang Soo was about to answer, but he interrupted him when he said, "Should I sing Lady Gaga's song? That song that goes, "Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra, Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra...?"

"Stop it, hyung." told Kwang Soo when he noticed that Jong Kook was trying to kid around. "You can't fool me anymore, hyung." he then added which made Jong Kook shrug his shoulders. "Kwang Soo-ya, do you even know that song?" Jong Kook asked him again trying to act funny. "Okay, let's just go. If that will make you move on, let's just go." he said to cheer Jong Kook up. He looked back at Dong Wook who's still looking their way. He waved his hand to say goodbye, and when Dong Wook nodded, Jong Kook and him rode the car.

Dong Wook and Ji Hyo are now left with each other when the man's phone started ringing. Ji Hyo looked at her when he wasn't answering the call yet. "You should answer the call." said Ji Hyo. He then took the phone out of his pocket, and was surprised to see someone calling. He looked at Ji Hyo when he answered the call. The woman stared at him in astonishment when he asked the person on the other line, "What do you mean by that, Sir? Yes, I am with Ji Hyo right now, but - - "

"What did you say?" surprised Ji Hyo asked when he called Jae Suk. "Oppa, you should have told me that earlier." said Ji Hyo who just found out that her dad went to Jeju the day before he went to Bali with Jong Kook. She looked at Dong Wook in disbelief. "Are you sure about that?" she asked Jae Suk again to which the man answered with a yes. She was just talking and talking with Jae Suk on the line when she realized that Dong Wook's eyes have never left her. When she said sorry to the man for having to wait for her, he just smiled warmly.

Jong Kook and Kwang Soo are still on the car when the latter asked, "Which singing room should we go to, Hyung?" Kwang Soo's question made him remember the time when Ji Hyo and him went to the Cheons' Singing Palace. "It would be nice to go back." he whispered to himself. "Hyung?" called Kwang Soo again. Jong Kook looked at him as he realized something. He gave Kwang Soo a big smile, so the tall man asked why. "You know what Kwang Soo-ya? I can no longer count how many times you've been calling me 'hyung'."

"Huh?" confused Kwang Soo asked. Jong Kook imitated Kwang Soo when he started saying, "Pretend you are me, and I'll pretend that I am you --" He stopped halfway when he was reminded of their situation with Ji Hyo in the past. He looked away without continuing what he was trying to say as he told Kwang Soo, "Just drive. Let's just go wherever there's a singing room." Kwang Soo didn't talk anymore for he, himself, is also trying to weigh the situation that his cousin and his friend are in. He then turned the FM radio station on to listen to music.

"Where are you going?" asked Dong Wook when she was able to ready herself to leave after the maid turned the TV on. She smiled at him when she saw him giving signal to the maid as she said, "You'll also come with me. We have to meet my father, remember?" "Ji Hyo-ya..." called the man. She smiled at him and asked, "What did my father tell you? Did he really tell you that we can be back together?" When Dong Wook nodded his head, she smiled at him a little before she gave him a bow as she said, "I think my father has gone crazy. He probably didn't mean that. I'm sorry."

"Stop the car!" yelled Jong Kook when he heard the news on the radio station. Kwang Soo stopped it all of a sudden which made the two of them almost lose control. "I'm sorry." said Dong Wook to Ji Hyo who was still speechless when she heard what the news reporter mentioned on live broadcast. "Hyung..." called Kwang Soo. Jong Kook then told him, "There she goes, Kwang Soo-ya. She's the brightest star for me, but now she's the most distant." Ji Hyo was shaking her head in a confused manner when Dong Wook went close to her so he can hug her.

"You heard it right, Ji Hyo-ya. That exclusive news came from your father. That news that you and I have been together for so long, that news that Jong Kook and you were just playing all along, that news that we are now together - all these news were brought up by your father." Dong Wook looked at the woman as he added, "It was just announced that we're already together, so I guess it's just right for me to do this." he said while reaching for something inside his pocket. When he was able to get it, he took her hand, and held her ring finger as he asked, "Will you marry me?"