The Realization

Emergency Room

Jong Kook couldn't believe what he's seeing right now. Ji Hyo is so close to him, and this time, their lips are locked - for real. He's no longer imagining things. It's the reality. He looked at Ji Hyo, who was busy acting, in front of the people. He doesn't know why he thinks that the moment right now is such a bittersweet thing. He knows exactly why Ji Hyo is acting that way. When the woman's eyes met his eyes, she stopped the act. The cameras, are still over the place, very busy on capturing their what-so-called precious moments.

He stared at Dong Wook, who was very surprised of the situation. He doesn't know why he feels like he is guilty but then he feels like he isn't guilty. When Ji Hyo gave the reporters a bow, he did the same thing. "Please excuse us." said Ji Hyo as she held his hand, and started walking out of the said place. He was looking at the hand of the woman which is grabbing his hand. Ji Hyo stopped walking and so she said, "Cut." He looked at her and understood what she meant. He smiled at her and said, "Good job."

Ji Hyo was surprised with Jong Kook's reply. He told her that she did a good job. She doesn't know why she feels like he's being cold to her now. She smiled at the man to hide her astonishment as she replied, "You, too." Jong Kook smiled at her in return. "Where's your car?" asked Jong Kook. She looked around and realized that the driver wasn't there yet, so she said, "Maybe somewhere." Jong Kook then told her, "I'll wait for you to wait for the car." She nodded as a response which surprised her a lot.

Jong Kook couldn't believe that Ji Hyo accepted his offer that fast. But he's not going to lie that his heart is also beating fast. "Are you okay?" asked Ji Hyo all of a sudden. He's confused on why Ji Hyo is suddenly being kind to him, so he asked, "Are you okay?" When Ji Hyo realized what his question meant, he hated himself for asking such a foolish question. To his dismay, the woman just turned her back on him and just waited for her driver to arrive. Few minutes have passed, but the driver is still nowhere to be found.

 "Did you call him already?" asked Jong Kook. She shook her head as a reply. "You should call him." he said. "I don't have a phone." she answered. Jong Kook took his phone out of his pocket, but when he pressed the button, it didn't light up. "My phone has died." he then said. Ji Hyo told him, "Even if it's working, I won't be able to call the driver. I don't know his number." Jong Kook and Ji Hyo's eyes met again, but both looked away. "Why don't you go ahead?" she then asked. "After you." he replied.

The two waited for more minutes until they realized that people are still taking pictures and videos of them. When Ji Hyo felt bothered about it, he took the initiative to hold her hand this time. "Let me just drive you home." said Jong Kook. She looked at the man, and smiled. But then, her smile on her face disappeared when her stomach started to growl. Her face turned red, and so Jong Kook smiled. "I bet you're super hungry." he then teased. "Ya!" she said in a very embarrassed tone. "Let's eat first before you go home." he then mentioned.

When they entered the restaurant, the people inside it started moving to take pictures and videos of them. She looked at Jong Kook and commented, "I didn't know that you are this famous." Jong Kook looked at her and said, "Because I'm with someone who captures everyone's attention." She blushed when she heard what the man said. "Your words are so sweet. I might swallow them for real." she warned him with a smile on her face. "Then swallow them. I'll feed you every now and then. Every minute, every second." he replied.

Her agape reaction was enough for Jong Kook to smile. When she was about to say something, he excused himself so he can order food for them already. She noticed some of the women customers who are busy looking at the direction of the man she's with. She then looked at the man who's standing near the counter. She smiled realizing that the man, is indeed very charming, even from afar. His buff muscles made her gulp for a second. She was taken aback when the man looked her way, but she waved at him and smiled right away.

"You look so in love and happy, Sir." said the cashier. "Huh?" surprised Jong Kook asked. The cashier smiled at him and said, "You're smiling ear-to-ear, and your face is really red now, Sir. It must be because of her." When Jong Kook realized the situation, he asked, "Isn't she pretty?" The cashier smiled at her and replied, "Very pretty, Sir. She's a perfect match for a very handsome man like you." The cashier's reply made Jong Kook laugh. Ji Hyo noticed it, and she suddenly feels like standing up to go their direction.

"Where are you going?" asked Jong Kook when he saw her standing. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Did you have a good time talking with that lady crew?" Jong Kook looked at the crew's direction as he replied, "Well, she's nice and -- " He noticed the change of Ji Hyo's facial expression, so he kidded her around, "Are you being jealous right now, Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" Ji Hyo then looked at him and asked in an exasperated tone, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi? Ya! Kim Jong Kook, don't you have any idea on how I want us to be close?"

"I didn't actually have a car to begin with. I just acted like that because I was waiting for you to drive me home. I thought you wouldn't even drive me home because it took you ages to offer me a ride. And now that we're here, you're acting very close with that woman? And you're trying to ask me if I'm jealous? Why would I be jealous? You and I aren't even..." she stopped her words when she realized that she just actually admitted something. Jong Kook smiled when he realized that she realized it, and she made him blush in return when she continued to admit, "Ya! Kim Jong Kook! I really want us to be close, so I did it... on purpose."