The Square

Emergency Room

"Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" she yelled after seeing him slowly walking out of the room. She knows that there are so many eyes looking at them, but she doesn't care. When Jong Kook looked at her, she was still crying. When he showed her his perfect smile, she then wiped her tears and smiled. They were now smiling at each other without minding what the people in the engagement party would think. She knew Jong Kook was just standing there, waiting for her to say something. She looked around and saw the curious eyes looking at them. When she returned her gaze at Jong Kook, she just smiled again as she uttered the words, "Thank you. That present is so beautiful."

Jong Kook then laughed in disbelief. She just told him thank you with a smile on her face. He then looked around to see the curious eyes of everyone, and when he returned his gaze at Ji Hyo, he smiled widely as he replied, "You're welcome." He gave them a bow as he excused himself. When he's out of the room, he was momentarily blank. He just became aware of the surroundings when someone offered him a handkerchief. "I guess you need this, too." said Yoo In Na. He looked at her and smiled as he received the handkerchief.

While the engagement party was being held, In Na and Jong Kook are now drinking something in a cafe. People were looking at them since they were able to see how he sang his heart out in the engagement party earlier. "You sang it so well." commented In Na. "That song, I now know why I've been liking it all this time." said Jong Kook as he replied to In Na's compliment. "It hurts too much, right?" asked Jong Kook to In Na. In Na was taken aback with his question so she asked him, "Don't you hate me for what I've done to Ji Hyo-ssi?" 

Dong Wook looked at Ji Hyo when the party's over. It took them some hours to finish it, but he knows that Ji Hyo's mind is wandering. When the woman looked at him, he smiled at her. Ji Hyo smiled back at him. When he was about to ask something, Ji Hyo's parents went over their way. "The wedding will take place in three days." said Sang Gook which made Dong Wook and Ji Hyo surprise. "Why is it too sudden, Sir?" asked Dong Wook. "Don't you want to marry my daughter as much as possible?" Sang Gook asked which stopped Dong Wook.

"Why would I hate you? If there's someone who'll hate you, it might be Song Ji Hyo." Jong Kook answered. In Na shook her head as she said, "Ji Hyo is way too nice to hate me." "How did you know?" he asked. "Dong Wook told me." answered In Na. "Don't you think so?" asked In Na. Jong Kook sighed as he asked, "Are we a team right now?" "A team of what? Losers?" asked In Na. He shook his head as he mentioned, "Perhaps a team of people who have loved and lost. It's interesting, isn't it? How love can make you alive, and kill you."

Ji Hyo looked at Dong Wook when he was not able to answer her father. "Are you in confusion?" she asked. Dong Wook shook his head as he said no. "I'm just not in a hurry to marry someone who's still confused." he then answered in an honest manner. Ji Hyo smiled at him and said, "You know that I'll marry you. Whatever happens, I will." Dong Wook just smiled at her when she said the words, but when she looked at the door where Jong Kook stepped out earlier, Dong Wook suggested something for them- and that's to have the wedding tomorrow.

In Na and Jong Kook were in the middle of the talking when Kwang Soo phoned him. "Wait a minute." he said excusing himself. In Na nodded at him and so he answered the call right away. When he said hello, he was shocked with what Kwang Soo told him. Due to his astonishment, he dropped his phone. In Na noticed him, and so she asked, "Are you okay? What's wrong? Why do you look pale?" Jong Kook didn't move an inch when he answered her questions, "Yoo In Na-ssi, did you know that Ji Hyo and Dong Wook will already get married tomorrow?"

Dong Wook was shocked when Ji Hyo told him that she'd marry him tomorrow if that's what he likes. "Are you serious?" asked Dong Wook. "Do I look like I'm joking?" she asked. "You can't cancel it if I call someone now." Dong Wook told her as a reminder. She nodded her head and said, "I won't be canceling it. Let's just get married tomorrow. We have been together for so very long anyway. Why should we wait for more days when we can even do it as soon as we can?" With her response, Dong Wook called someone to prepare for the said wedding.

Jong Kook screamed so loud when he realized that Ji Hyo has never really given him her heart. "Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggghhh!!!!!" he screamed in pain again. He can no longer control his feelings, so his tears fell from his eyes. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, there are people watching you." In Na reminded him. When he was reminded of the situation, he left the cafe as well as In Na right away. In Na noticed the phone Jong Kook left, and so she picked it up. The phone is not working since it's off, but when she tried to open it, it was again.

Kwang Soo was about to stop the car near Jong Kook when he saw the man leaving the cafe, but he was surprised when another car stopped in front of Jong Kook. Jong Kook, on the other hand, was also surprised when he was almost hit by the car. When he was about to vent out his anger at the driver, he was left speechless when he saw his former lover. "Kim Jong Kook.." called Ji Hyo, who was looking at him. "Ji Hyo-ya, cong -- " he stopped halfway when Ji Hyo asked him in a frustrated way, "Will you say that you love me or will you just let him have me?"