The Friends

Emergency Room

People gathered outside the hospital when they learned that the friend of two of the most famous celebrities in South Korea will be going to the said place. The people got to know it because the two famous celebrities were doing live interview when one of the celebrities' personal assistant told them the news. "What?!" yelled Kim Jong Kook, the more masculine man of the two. "What happened, Hyung?" asked Kwang Soo, the taller one. Jong Kook looked at the reporters before he decided to just whisper the answer to his close friend.

"Seoul Hospital?" asked Kwang Soo in a loud voice. Jong Kook's stare at Kwang Soo made him realize that he blurted out what he shouldn't. "We'll just discuss about that later." whispered Jong Kook as he gave the reporters a respectful bow before turning around to go to the mentioned hospital. And now, the people who have heard Kwang Soo's speech are eagerly waiting for him and Kim Jong Kook. The people made noise when a black expensive van stopped right at the entrance of the hospital. They know for sure that it's the celebrities' van.

It was more than a confirmation to them when Kwang Soo stepped out of the van first, who was then followed by his personal assistant, Hong Soo Hyun; and the singer-entertainer Kim Jong Kook. "They're so handsome in person, oh my God!" screamed one of the fans outside the hospital. "I know it's bad to be happy about seeing them here outside the hospital, but Jesus Christmas, they are really good-looking people." commented by another fan. The three people weren't seen that long for they were in a hurry to go where their friend is.

The nurse assisted them to where they were heading, and they were both shocked at the view. "Hyung!!!" yelled Kwang Soo as he sees the look of one of their friends, Lee Dong Wook. Jong Kook was just looking at Kwang Soo checking Dong Wook's body, and when Kwang Soo screamed in pain one more time, he glared at their friend's assistant as he asked, "What happened to him?" Dong Wook's assistant, with tears in his eyes, answered, "He said he couldn't take it." Kwang Soo and Jong Kook looked at Jin Yi Han after hearing his reply.

"He couldn't take what?" Kwang Soo asked seriously. Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo. He knows that between the two of them, Kwang Soo is much brighter, and much more optimistic. However, he knows he couldn't blame him. Lee Dong Wook for them is a very close friend, but he means more than that to Kwang Soo since they are cousins. He wasn't really that close to Dong Wook and Kwang Soo before, but as time went by, they started getting along well. He remembered the first time he got to know the Lee cousins.

Seven years ago, when he was eating at a restaurant with his two best friends Jang Hyuk and Cha Tae Hyun, a group of three friends came to see them. "Hyung!" greeted Kwang Soo's other friend, Song Joong Ki. Tae Hyun looked at him and said, "Those three young men there will obviously go a long way." "You think so?" asked Jang Hyuk. "Of course. You know me. I can easily tell someone's future." bragged Tae Hyun. "You obviously know that's a lie, right?" Jong Kook then commented which made all of them laugh.

"Hyung, the three of you look so happy, huh?" teased Joong Ki. "My friends and I are talking about your future." answered Tae Hyun. "Really?" asked Joong Ki. "Yeah, and we discussed about their future, too." added Jang Hyuk. "Who are they?" asked Tae Hyun. "They are my friends. The two of them are cousins." replied the prettiest man there, and he called Kwang Soo and Dong Wook to introduce them to his seniors. The introduction among the six men was so nice that their meet-up took a long time.

Kwang Soo and Jong Kook became closer when Joong Ki had to go to the military service while Hyuk and Tae Hyun became busy with their families. "Truthfully..." uttered Yi Han which made his thoughts go back to reality. "Truthfully what?" asked Kwang Soo, who is now being impatient. Yi Han noticed it so he answered, "His girlfriend left him, so he decided to commit suicide." Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo again, and he could see the anger in his eyes. "Kwang Soo-ya..." he called. Kwang Soo looked at him and said, "Hyung, let me."

"Please excuse us first." said Jong Kook to Yi Han. The latter obliged and left the two men inside Dong Wook's private room. "Let you what?" he then asked the tall man. "Let me avenge my cousin." Kwang Soo said. "How would you do that? And why would you do that?" he asked again. "How? I don't know yet. Why? Don't you see his state right now, hyung? You can definitely see how sorrowful it is." angry Kwang Soo answered. "For now, we should be happy that he's out of danger." mentioned Jong Kook. "For now." clarified Kwang Soo.

Their serious conversation went for so many hours, and when Jong Kook realized that Kwang Soo has already decided to avenge his cousin who's also a friend of his, he nodded his head as a sign of agreement. Kwang Soo smiled at him. When Kwang Soo called Yi Han to come inside the room again, he heard his friend asked about Dong Wook's girlfriend. "Where is that woman right now?" asked Kwang Soo. "She's still in America." answered Yi Han. "What is the name of this heartless woman?" asked Kwang Soo. The two men looked at each other upon hearing Yi Han's answer: Song Ji Hyo.