The Reason

Emergency Room

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo when she called him by a different name. To his surprise, he realized that he has never formally introduced himself as Lee Kwang Soo. He looked at the woman again and asked, "How did you know my name?" Ji Hyo smiled at him and answered, "I won't tell you." He looked at her with confusion in his eyes and so she told him, "Truthfully, when I saw Kim Jong Kook at the lobby in the hotel, I saw you, too. When I saw you, my eyes were so pleased to see you." 

He couldn't believe his ears. It feels like Ji Hyo is confessing right now. "A-are you telling me that you like me?" he asked. Ji Hyo smiled and said, "Yes, I am." Jong Kook suddenly had a change of mood, so his serious face could be seen by the woman in front of him. "Why? Can't I like you, Lee Kwang Soo-ssi?" she asked him. He sighed upon hearing Kwang Soo's name again. He doesn't know why he feels like everything he's doing now is wrong. "Look, Song Ji Hyo-ssi, we just got to know each other, oh wait," he said, "we don't even know each other."

"That's why we are getting to know each other. I got to know your name because I asked Kim Jong Kook while you were checking the menu earlier." she said. "I don't think there's nothing wrong in liking you, Kwang Soo-ssi." she added. Jong Kook stood up from where he was sitting, so she asked him another question, "Where are you going?" The man looked at her and replied, "Away from you. You easily scare people away, don't you know that?" She was so suprised with the man's honest opinion to the point that she was left speechless.

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo who was left speechless. He didn't know that his words will be taken by the heart, but he talks to himself as he says, "You're doing the right thing. You're doing the right thing. Remember, she left your friend Lee Dong Wook. You're doing it right." He then started to walk out of the cafe, and shortly after that, he saw Ji Hyo started walking out of the place. He could tell that Ji Hyo's thinking about something, but he doesn't know why he doesn't have the will to go after her.

Ji Hyo was on her way to cross the street, and she didn't know that the green light has already been switched to the red light. She didn't know that a car was approaching her already until she felt the pain she's feeling from being pushed away. The loud horn of the said car made her look at the person who saved her earlier. 'A-are you alright?" she asked. The man just glared at her and yelled, 'Why aren't you looking?'' She realized that she was yelled at, so she looked at the man and asked, “Did you just save me so you can yell at me?”

She looked at the man without showing any reaction. She has had enough. It's a very bad day for her. She knows she should be thankful to the man who saved her, but she just can't feel any gratitude towards the man right now. She gave the man a bow before she started walking away from the person who was still sitting on the ground. “Can't you even help the person who helped you?” asked  Jong Kook who blocked her way. She smirked at him and asked, “Then can't you even like someone who likes you?” 

“Are you okay?” Jong Kook asked Kwang Soo who saved Ji Hyo earlier. Jong Kook offered his hand to him, but he take it. He stood up on his own as he told asked friend, "Hyung, what have we done? Everything is starting to get confusing now." He was waiting for his friend's reply, but Jong Kook didn't answer. He noticed Jong Kook looked after Ji Hyo, and when his friend was about to run after the woman, he then blocked his way and angrily asked, "Have you started to get interested in that woman?"

Ji Hyo can no longer be seen by his eyes thanks to Kwang Soo who blocked his way. He then looked at the young man and answered, "Whether I am or I am not, you know this business has something to do with your cousin, your cousin who happens to be my friend." He didn't want to hear any of Kwang Soo's reply anymore, so he started walking away from him. Kwang Soo didn't say any word but he could feel that he's following him. He stopped to ask the young man again, "What is it again? Aren't we supposed to be united to avenge your cousin?"

Kwang Soo then smiled sarcastically at him and asked in a very confused manner, "Are we even doing it?" Jong Kook sensed something is wrong with Kwang Soo's question so he asked, "What do you mean?" The tall young man answered him seriously by asking, "You can't hate Song Ji Hyo, can you?" He remained silent for even he, himself, doesn't know the answer. Kwang Soo looked at him and smiled a little, "That's why I guess we are so stupid, Hyung. We planned this, but we can't even hate her. I think," Kwang stopped as he added, "I like her, Hyung."

Jong Kook couldn't believe his ears. He was in total disbelief. He was shaking his head many times saying that Kwang Soo can't do that. "Kwang Soo-ya, it was you who planned this. It was you who were so decided to avenge your cousin. It was who said we should exchanged identities. It was you." reminded Jong Kook. "Hyung, I'm sorry." said Kwang Soo. Jong Kook shook his head and said, "You'll become a real idiot if you'll forget that your cousin is lying down on the bed in a comatose state because of that woman."

"Then why are you like that, Hyung? Why can't you just admit that you like her, too? Why can't you just admit to yourself and to me that you are having a hard time, too? Why can't we just like her freely? Why?" confused and angered Kwang Soo asked. Jong Kook closed his eyes and remembered something. When he opened his eyes, he looked at Kwang Soo and replied, "Because your cousin is my friend Lee Dong Wook. Because the reason why we started this is because of Lee Dong Wook," he then added, "Because the woman whom I have been loving since then is the love and the life of your cousin who is my friend - Lee Dong Wook."