The Score

Emergency Room

"What did you say?" Jong Kook asked trying to confirm what the woman told him. Ji Hyo looked at him and said, "I said I can give this place to you when I marry you." Jong Kook just looked at Ji Hyo without saying anything. Ji Hyo noticed the change of the atmosphere between the two of them, and so she smiled at the man. "What do you take me for?" Jong Kook then asked the only daughter of the rich Cheon Sang-Gook. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that, Kim Jong Kook-ssi?"

Silence ensued the two of them. Ji Hyo pressed a button, and it automatically called one of the helpers to guide them. "Hand him the songbook, please." ordered Ji Hyo. The staff nodded his head and gave Jong Kook the songbook. "Is there anything else you need, Ma'am?" asked the said staff. "Give us the food, and the drinks." she answered. Jong Kook looked at her again, so she told him, "Choose your song now, Jong Kook-ssi." Jong Kook couldn't believe his eyes and ears with what's happening with him right now.

"Are you always like this, Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" he then asked formally as a way of returning Ji Hyo's formal way of speaking to him. Ji Hyo smiled at him and asked, "Weren't you like this in Kansas, too, Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" Ji Hyo smirked at him when she remembered something. He was looking at her intently until she told him, "Back then, you preferred to be called Lee Kwang Soo-ssi, right?" Her words caught him off guard. "Am I making you sad? Should I just disappear and go to Kansas again? I guess we should just sing.." Ji Hyo then said in a soft manner.

He didn't answer the woman, and he just focused on searching for a song that he'd be singing. However, he stopped doing it as he handed her the songbook. "You should sing first. I'm just this singing palace's guest." he then said. Ji Hyo didn't seem to be affected with what he said, so she told him, "Zero. Eight. Twenty. One." He didn't get what she meant with the digits, so she just took the remote control and pressed the digits herself. The big LCD screen then shows the song that the woman will be singing: Emergency Room by Izi.

Ji Hyo took the microphone, and started to feel the emotions of the song. She has totally forgotten everything. All she can hear now is the background music, and all she can see is the video as well as the lyrics of the song that she's about to sing. Little does she know that the man, who has been with her lately, is smiling at her in a bittersweet manner. "So it is still him." Jong Kook murmured. Ji Hyo didn't hear him for he can see how focus the woman is. He knows the song so well, and he knows why the woman is singing that song now.

"I am regretting it. The day that we quarreled. Because of my stupid pride, I said we should end it. Because you are always so good to me, I can't hardly seem to think about it. I know that you had a hard time because of my stubborness. Stupid, it's not like that. You still don't understand me. I have love only for you. Please don't leave me. You, always being by my side, I don't know how to thank you. Can't you forgive me for being childish and selfish? Stupid, it's not like that. You still don't understand me. I have love only for you. Don't leave me like this. Don't throw me away, just hold me. Come back and love me again. Come back and love me again."

Jong Kook's eyes are wet when she saw him. She smiled at him as if nothing happened earlier and asked, "Are you in tears because you were surprised at my singing voice?" He smiled at Ji Hyo and answered, "Even if your singing voice isn't that great, the love you have is great." "You think so?" she asked him. "That great love that you're saying, I wonder if it exists." she then said. "Anyway, it's your turn to sing now. I wonder if you can beat my score." She pouted her lips to show him her score. Her score was 96.

"Say..." he stopped as he looked at Ji Hyo. "Hmm...?" she reacted. "If I beat your score, can you grant me one wish?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo smiled and said, "Sure." Jong Kook smiled and said, "Okay. I'll sing really well this time." The two individuals seem to have forgotten that they were just arguing earlier. They exchanged smiles, and when Ji Hyo asked what he's going to sing, he told her, "Always.". He smiled at her and asked, "Have you heard of it? Ha Dong Kyun is the original singer. I have always been a fan of him. I hope you'd like my version."

"Don't forget that we'll always be together. And don't cry. The love you have been preparing for me, don't talk. I can see it in your eyes. I'll never trust anyone again. I came here dreaming of today, the day you and I will become one. Deep in my soul, I'm looking for you. You ask if you're making me sad, and then you drift away from me again? Please trust me now. There are no painful memories left in me anymore. I'll never trust anyone again. I came here dreaming of today, the day you and I will become one. Deep in my soul, I'm looking for you."

When Jong Kook opened his eyes after he finished singing, he saw Ji Hyo looking straight into his eyes. He looked at the woman, too. They were just staring at each other without saying anything even until the staff earlier has returned with the food and drinks already. Their staring game was just stopped when the staff clapped his hands as he saw Jong Kook's score on the screen. It was a perfect 100. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo and smiled when he said, "Three days. It's for real this time." Ji Hyo returned the smile as she said, "Deal. Three days. With you. All the time."