The Encounter

Emergency Room

Ji Hyo, with tears in her eyes, looked at him after he yelled at her. "Dong Wook-ah, make sure that he survives." she told him before leaving the private room. The doctor and the nurses arrived to check Dong Wook's state, and they were surprised to learn that the patient just reacted by the sound he heard earlier. "Perhaps it's the voice of that woman." said the doctor which made it awkward to the three men. When the doctor and the nurses left, Jong Kook stared at Dong Wook and asked, "She's still special to you, isn't she?"

Almost a year has passed, and they really never heard anything from Song Ji Hyo. Jong Kook is now sitting on a chair as he looks at Dong Wook's unconscious mind. That time when he yelled at Ji Hyo, he was very angry and frustrated. Not at her, but at himself. He doesn't seem to understand what's going on anymore. He can't even tell what exactly is he feeling. There are times that he's angry at the woman, but there are times that he wants to be there to console her. However, he knows that both feelings aren't really good for everyone.

"Ji Hyo-yah, a cup of rice, please." called the owner of the restaurant. "Yes!" she answered. She was smiling when she gave the cup of rice to their customer. "Thank you." said the customer. "You're welcome." she said. She looked at the owner who was smiling at her as he said, "You sure are the lucky charm of this restaurant. When you started working here, a lot of people have been frequenting this place." She smiled back as she answered, "I don't think so. This restaurant really serves tasty food, Jae Suk-oppa."

Jong Kook is at the hospital again. He's checking Dong Wook's state, and he's thinking about something. He took his phone out of his pocket when it started ringing, and when he heard the news on the other line, he asked, "Are you sure?" When he heard that it's for real this time, he told the person, "Make sure that she doesn't go anywhere." The line was cut, and so he looked at Dong Wook again. "Dong Wook-ah, I found Song Ji Hyo. For the past few months, I have been contemplating about this, and so I'll make sure she'll be back."

Jae Suk looked at Ji Hyo and asked, "Aren't you going to tell what happened to you? It has almost been a year since you've come here in Jeju-do, but you haven't really opened up to me." Ji Hyo looked at the man who accepted her when she decided to run away from Seoul. She didn't even meet her parents when she got back to Seoul from Kansas, and so she tried to fake a smile as she answered the kind man, "Words aren't enough for me to describe everything that has happened, and is happening. I just know that I owe you a lot. Thank you."

Jong Kook is still looking at Dong Wook, and when he tried to look near Dong Wook's bed, he saw a frame which has Dong Wook's picture with Song Ji Hyo. The picture shows Ji Hyo and Dong Wook sweetly looking at each other. He smiled a little when he realized that the two seemed to be so in love. "Dong Wook-ah, you should wake up soon. I promise I'll give you Song Ji Hyo back when you wake up. Don't make it hard on everyone, Dong Wook-ah, be man enough to run after her if you're still in love with Ji Hyo." he whispered.

"Actually," said Jae Suk, "I was asked..." Ji Hyo looked at the man who stopped talking. She smiled when she saw another man covering Jae Suk's mouth. "Suk Jin-oppa, why are you stopping him from talking? He still has to tell me something." she said to Jae Suk's best friend. She smiled at the two older men when they started arguing. Her bright smile was noticed by the men again, and when they realized Ji Hyo is starting to tear up, Suk Jin asked, "Are you okay?" His question made Ji Hyo cry, yet the woman is hiding it with a smile.

Jong Kook was about to go after putting the picture frame back, but his small eyes noticed a small box. He took it, and he was shocked with what he saw: a diamond ring. "He was about to propose to Ji Hyo, but she broke up with him." said a man who suddenly came in. It's Yi Han. "They used to be so in love with each other, and so when Ji Hyo broke up with him, his world fell apart." added Yi Han. "Why did she have to break up with him if they were so in love?" he asked in a confused manner. "I guess the flame died down, Hyung." said Yi Han.

"Ya! Why did you ask that question? Don't you know asking, "Are you okay?", when someone is not okay will make that someone feel sadder?" asked Jae Suk. "Are you nagging at me right now Yoo Jae Suk?" Suk Jin asked in an embarrassed tone. Ji Hyo looked at the men again as she said, "I'm just happy that I found this place. The atmosphere is just so good, like the two of you." Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked at each other and didn't react. They just smiled at her and said, "Just don't hesitate if you feel like expressing yourself more."

Days have passed, and so everything is just getting fine. "Ji Hyo-yah, one cup of rice again, please. Table number 7." said Jae Suk to which she replied with an okay sign. She brought the cup of rice with her so she can serve it to the customer. "Here's your cup of rice - - -" sh e stopped when she saw the customer's face. Jae Suk and Suk Jin were there and noticed the situation Ji Hyo is in now. When Jae Suk was about to ask what's happening, the well built man suddenly spoke, "I have finally found you, Song Ji Hyo-ssi."