The Glance

Emergency Room

Jong Kook smiled at Kwang Soo when the song has started to play. He knew his friend was about to ask him how it happened, but thanks to the song Kwang Soo entered, he doesn't have to answer it now. Kwang Soo's voice is also good, and he's thanking him inside for he's about to sing the song that he wants to tell Ji Hyo. He knows that he was the one who initiated the breakdown of their relationship, but that's not what hurts him. What hurts him a lot is knowing that Ji Hyo can no longer be his woman since she's off to marry another man.

While Kwang Soo was singing the song, he remembered the time that he has fallen in love with Ji Hyo. That time, he knows that her name isn't really Song Ji Hyo. He fell in love with her as Cheon Sung Im. It was a day before Ji Hyo fell in love with Dong Wook at first sight. He was about to meet his friends Cha Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk, but he got lost. He wanted to ask someone to show him the way, but he was stunned when he saw Ji Hyo entering a huge house. When he looked at the house, he saw the words "Cheon Family".

"Excuse me." Jong Kook asked the security guard of the said house. The security guard looked at him and asked, "Why?" He was looking at Ji Hyo, who's still walking when he asked the guard, "What's her name?" The guard looked at Ji Hyo, and looked back at him. "You're not allowed to know who she is. Go." the guard said. "Is she famous or something?" he asked again. "None of your business." answered the guard. "Go!" yelled the guard. He smiled knowing the guard is doing his job well, and now he's decided to see the woman again.

His phone rings, and when he realized that he has to meet his two best friends, he then told them the reason why he's late. It didn't take him a long time to get to where his friends are. "Eh?" surprised Tae Hyun reacted when he told him about the young woman whom he saw. "Don't tell me you're talking about Cheon Sung Im?" asked Tae Hyun again. "Cheon Sung Im?" he asked. Tae Hyun nodded his head as an answer and added, "She's the only daughter of a very rich businessman, Jong Kook-ah. We three can't be with her even if we want to."

"Ya! You two already have a girlfriend, so don't you guys dare mess with her." he warned. Jang Hyuk and Tae Hyun looked at each other and started to joke around, "Ya! Have you gone crazy? Did you really fall in love with her?" When he nodded his head as an answer, his friends shook their head in disbelief. "The ever numb Kim Jong Kook is now in love with one of the untouchable girls in Korea. What a pity." commented Tae Hyun to which he said, "What do you mean by that? I'll make her love me, so you two, just wait and see."

"Hyung!" called Kwang Soo which made him stop thinking of the past. "The song's over." informed Kwang Soo which made him nod. "You sang it so well, Kwang Soo-ya." commented Jong Kook. "But I didn't finish it at all." said Kwang Soo, who found out that he's lying. "Hyung, I'm here. I'll listen to you. Let me know your pain, so you won't be drowned into her thoughts." offered Kwang Soo which was accepted by Jong Kook. "I think that will be better. But Kwang Soo-ya, you have to listen carefully since it'll be the first and the last time I'll talk about it."

"It was just one day." Jong Kook then said. He looked at Kwang Soo as he added, "Just one day of regret, yet it will remain forever." "Dong Wook and Ji Hyo, I've witnessed how the two of them fell in love with each other." he continued. "That time, when I was about to ask her out, she saw him and fell in love at first sight." he said as he looked at Kwang Soo. "It was funny because she never did know that I've been existing since then." he added again which made Kwang Soo ask, "How did you know? How did those things happen?"

When he was about to answer Kwang Soo's questions, both of their phones started ringing. Both of them answered the call, and was surprised when both of them heard the news. "Hyung, did we get the same message?" Kwang Soo asked to which he answered with a smile, "I guess so." "I can tell Dong Wook-hyung not to invite us anymore." Kwang Soo said, but he replied, "What for? It will be a waste if we won't go there. Didn't we plan to avenge your cousin? And now your cousin is going to marry the woman he loves. Isn't it nice?"

"The engagement party is too speedy, don't you think?" asked Se Chan to So Min. "At least your private place will be known, Se Chan-ah." said So Min. "That's true. But it feels like this private place of mine might be a place for heartbreak." he then added. "Don't say it like that." So Min then said. "Why not?" Se Chan asked. "Because what you think always comes true." added So Min. "The engagement party should really be full of memory, Se Chan-ah. A woman deserves to be happy with the one she loves. It shouldn't be about pity." she added.

"It's done. In three days, the engagement party will take place. Just so you know Kim Jong Kook has been invited." mentioned Dong Wook to which Ji Hyo received with a little smile. "You two are friends after all. I guess it's just fine." Ji Hyo said. Kwang Soo was once again surprised when he finally heard the real story, "Ji Hyo fell in love with Dong Wook when he helped her get away from the motorcycle driver." Jong Kook looked at him as he added, "I witnessed how she tripped in that narrow road when she was following Dong Wook."

Kwang Soo was just listening to him, so he just went on saying, "When she tripped, a motorcycle was about to go near her, but she thought it was very embarrassing. She thought that way because the driver yelled at her asking what she's doing. She thought the driver was mad because she's blocking the way, but she didn't know that the driver was just confused on what to do seeing the woman, whom he likes, tripping and falling in love with another man." he stopped as he continued, "I guess you already know, but in case you don't know, I'll tell you." He looked at Kwang Soo as he said the words in a bittersweet mood, "That motorcycle driver was... me."