The Appearance

Emergency Room

Jong Kook was surprised when he heard his name coming from Ji Hyo's mouth. Though he doesn't know if the woman means that she’ll date him or not for real, he still feels delighted. The live interview ended, and so he knows that it's time to face the truth. The emcee has bid him and Ji Hyo goodbye, and when they were the only ones left to leave the stage, he offered his hand to Ji Hyo. The woman just smiled at him and said, "I can walk on my own." Ji Hyo didn’t even look at him when she started walking. He gave the paparazzi and the press people a respectful bow before he decided to run after Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo, wait.” He said. When she heard Jong Kook’s voice, she stopped walking. She didn’t turn around to look at him, so the man just made his way in front of her. She’s now looking at the man who lied to her. “I can explain.” He said. “Why do you have to explain? I don’t think you and I are in the position to explain things at each other.” She said. She continued to walk away from the man. But Jong Kook is as persistent as ever. “Can you please just stop?” she asked. Jong Kook shook his head and said, “I can’t.” She looked at him and asked, “Why not?” “I don’t know how to.” He answered.

Kwang Soo stepped out of the car as soon as Dong Wook stepped out of the car. The latter has decided to see Ji Hyo after the said live interview. “Hyung, can’t you stop?” Kwang Soo asked. Dong Wook looked at him and said, “You can just stop following me around.” Kwang Soo was about to reply, but then he noticed Dong Wook has stopped walking and is now busy staring at something. He looked where he’s looking, and his eyes grew wide when he saw Jong Kook and Ji Hyo talking. He looked back at his cousin, and he doesn’t know why he feels like he’s caught in between.

Ji Hyo smiled at Jong Kook and said, “You know what? I don’t know where you’ve gotten such skills on how to talk sweetly.” Jong Kook then started smiling without saying anything. Ji Hyo noticed it and asked, “Are you okay?” The man nodded at him and said, “I’m just happy that you think I talk sweetly. I’ve never received any comment like that in my entire life.” “You took it is a compliment?” she asked. “Did you say it as an insult?” he then asked in return. When Jong Kook looked at him, she didn’t know why she can’t help smiling, so when she was asked “Are you okay?”, she burst out laughing.

“She has never laughed like that in front of me.” Commented Dong Wook which made Kwang Soo look at where Dong Wook’s eyes are. Dong Wook has started to walk forward and so he asked, “Where are you going, Hyung?” “I’ll win her back.” Replied Dong Wook. “I don’t think you can win her back, Hyung.” He said in an honest manner. “I’ll apologize, and I’ll make it up for her.” Dong Wook answered. “But Jong Kook hyung is already filling in your shoes, Hyung. You’ve let go of your place a long time ago, remember?” “What are you trying to say?” Dong Wook asked in an angry way.

Ji Hyo stopped laughing as she noticed something. Jong Kook wondered why she suddenly has her gaze focused in one direction, and he was also shocked to see what she’s seeing. They are now looking at Lee Dong Wook and Lee Kwang Soo. He looked at Ji Hyo, and he was hurt when he noticed the tears welling up Ji Hyo’s eyes. He knows that it’s the first time Ji Hyo and Dong Wook are seeing each other after the latter’s recovery. He noticed that Ji Hyo has stepped forward, and will be walking towards Dong Wook’s direction, but then, the reporters noticed the celebrities’ presence.

Dong Wook saw that Ji Hyo was about to go where he’s standing, and he was also about to go where she is, but then, the reporters suddenly blocked his way. “Dong Wook-ssi, how have you been feeling? It’s been a while since we’ve seen you. Are you okay?” asked one of the reporters. He’s not answering the questions since his eyes are on the woman who he wants to be with again. He smiled when he noticed Ji Hyo was looking at him, but his smile disappeared when Ji Hyo turned around and started to walk away. “W-wait…” he said. The microphone was too loud, so his voice was so audible.

Ji Hyo heard it, too. She turned around to look at Dong Wook again. “I- I…” Dong Wook started talking in front of the crowd. She shook her head as a sign that he shouldn’t continue with what he’s trying to say. She noticed the confused look on Dong Wook’s face, and when she’s about to turn around one last time, she didn’t know that some of the reporters will go near her. “Song Ji Hyo-ssi, do you know Lee Dong Wook-ssi? Why are the two of you exchanging stares at each other?” asked one of the reporters. She looked at the reporter who asked her, and she doesn’t know what to say.

Dong Wook heard the question, and when he said, “I am Ji Hyo’s…”, many people looked at the man’s direction. Ji Hyo made a statement which surprised all of them. “He’s a friend of mine. And I think he wants to congratulate me publicly.” She said. “This one must have come in too fast, but Kim Jong Kook here and I are already dating. Lee Dong Wook is a close friend of Jong Kook, too. So it’s just his way of showing his support to our relationship. Isn’t it right, Jong Kook-oppa?” she said as she asked for Jong Kook’s opinion. With Jong Kook’s startled expression, he could win the most surprised award.

“Song Ji Hyo!” called Dong Wook. She smiled at the man, and held Jong Kook’s hand. “Thank you, Dong Wook-ssi. If not for you, I won’t be able to find and get to know someone like Kim Jong Kook. Although he has this tough aura, he has a very warm heart. Whenever he’s with me, I feel so warm and comfortable.” She then said in front of the public. The people were amazed on how they were able to witness a back-to-back live confession from Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo. To add more insult to Dong Wook’s injury, when someone asked Ji Hyo and Jong Kook to pose for a couple shot, Ji Hyo smiled, and kissed Kim Jong Kook’s lips by surprise.