The Story

Emergency Room

"Ji Hyo-ya..." called Jae Suk. She hurriedly wiped her tears and stood up from where she was sitting. "Oppa, I'll just get some air outside." she said excusing herself before going out  of the restaurant. Jae Suk and Suk Jin weren't able to talk when Jong Kook gave them a bow and hurriedly ran after Ji Hyo. "Hyung, that man looks familiar." Jae Suk then suddenly said. "I think I've seen him before." the owner of the restaurant added. "You must be seeing things, Jae Suk-ah. But we weren't just hearing things about Ji Hyo, right?" asked Suk Jin.

Ji Hyo went to a quiet place. The restaurant is near to the beach, and so she sat on one of the big rocks near it. She has been wiping her tears from time to time, but the tears just keep falling from her eyes. She can no longer remember how long has it been or how young she was when she fell in love with Lee Dong Wook. She recalled how eager she was that time to be the said man's woman, however, her parents disagreed, and so she was asked to leave the house if she really wants to be with the celebrity-wanna-be.

"Sung Im-ah!" yelled her mother when she was about to leave their house. She wasn't crying that time for she knows it's only Lee Dong Wook who she needs and who she wants. "Mom, if you won't allow Dong Wook and I to be together, I'll just leave this family, so I can't disappoint you and Dad further." she told her mom in a decided tone. "Sung Im-ah, you  don't know what you're doing. That man is not in love with you." told her mother. "Mom, I'll only believe his words, and his words say that he loves me." she said before leaving.

"My real name is Cheon Sung Im," she said as she sees Jong Kook in front of her, "I was stupid, wasn't I?" Jong Kook looked at the woman as he replied, "I didn't know." Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "You didn't know that I'm stupid?" Jong Kook nodded his head and said, "I didn't know that your stupidity is contagious." Ji Hyo stared at him while waiting for further explanation and so he added, "Because I've been very stupid, too. Because of you." Ji Hyo smiled at Jong Kook and asked, "What are we, Lee Kwang Soo-ssi?"

"Is your real name even Lee Kwang Soo?" she asked. Jong Kook wasn't able to react, but fortunately Ji Hyo didn't seem to notice it because she looked away. "I just don't feel like trusting people anymore." she whispered. "Ji Hyo-ya..." he called. "Uhm?" she asked as she tries to stand. When she was about to stand, she suddenly lost her balance. Good thing, Jong Kook was there to catch her. Her face was all over Jong Kook's chest, and when she stared at the man's face, she caught him already looking at her. 

"T-thank you." she said. She walked passed him and started walking away. "Hey, where are you going?" asked Jong Kook. She looked back at Jong Kook and asked, "Aren't you going to eat? You must be very hungry coming here." She smiled at him, and now he knows that he can really make peace with the woman. It's probably the reason why he can't really hate her. Between Dong Wook and Ji Hyo, the latter has suffered more. Ji Hyo is already far from him, so he decided to run so he can walk by her side.

Jae Suk elbowed Suk Jin again when Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were caught by his eyes. "Have they made up?" asked Suk Jin. "Hyung, it feels like we are reporters." Jae Suk said while laughing. Ji Hyo walked towards them and asked, "Why are my two oppas happy?" Suk Jin looked at her and asked in return, "And why are you happy?" Ji Hyo smiled at them again and said, "Oppa, starting today, I'll be more open. I have finally found someone who will make me be at ease." Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked at Jong Kook when she looked his way. 

Jong Kook looked at the two older men and Ji Hyo when he noticed that they looked his way. He gave them a smile which was returned to him. His phone started ringing, and when he saw who the caller was, he hesitated to answer it. However, since he has partially heard Ji Hyo's story, he wanted to know the side of the other party, too. "Hello, hyung!" greeted the caller. "Oh, what's going on?" he asked. "Hyung, where are you?" Kwang Soo asked. "Somewhere far." he answered. "Hyung, you should return to Seoul now." said Kwang Soo.

"Kwang Soo-yah..." called someone. He thought someone was calling him, but he realized that the caller of his name is on the other line. He then realized where Jong Kook is. "Hyung, isn't that Song Ji Hyo?" he asked. When Jong Kook answered, "Yes.", he looked at someone and asked again, "Are you really with Song Ji Hyo now, hyung?" When he heard the same answer, he nodded at someone who's looking at him, and when the person was about to get his phone, he was surprised with what Jong Kook said before he cut the line.

It was not just Kwang Soo who was surprised, he could tell that Ji Hyo's even more startled with what she heard from his mouth, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be back there yet. There's someone whom I'd love to protect. Someone whom I'd love to take care of. Someone whom I wish I could be with. And if I'm lucky enough, I'd like to be this someone's somebody." Jong Kook then ended the call, held Ji Hyo's hand to remove the ring on her finger, and said, "Ji Hyo-ya, Sung Im-ah, whoever you are, I'd like to show you ways on how you'll know how lovable you are. So, I - - - will no longer love you from afar."